At first I thought it was Disney’s Lion King set after reading the forum’s headline here. My bad! :look:

Anyways, I’m so looking for this King Leo’s Castle! It will be my Day 1 purchase for sure. 

34 minutes ago, INTENSS said:

Through my giddiness after hearing the new of this set I never even thought about the possibility that high sales could drive future version ala Ninjago City.  I’ll try to temper my enthusiasm a bit but for a long time Castle fan, this is amazing news.  It’ll be the highest priced set I’ve ever purchased and I’ll probably get more than one.  Bricks & Pieces is going to get buried when they release this one.

After the CMF bard was released with those coins, my confidence in the 90th anniversary set being a feast and celebration of multiple factions grew.I can see this set having 20 plus mini figures with multiple factions in it.  If you use the Mos Eisley and Daily Bugle sets as benchmarks, t they have 21 and 25 figures, respectively for $350 and $300.  Those are licensed themes as well, and the cantina even has a large animal mold.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Lego knocks this out of the park with about 20 minifigs, a few horses, and animals.  We’ll probably see a few old friends (factions) return in this set. I can’t help but expect to see a few civilians in it too which would be icing on the cake.

I reckon you could well be right about the number of minifigures and the inclusion of several horses and other moulded animals. If we’re lucky, maybe even a moulded dragon. 

I expect there will be elaborate interiors such as a great hall, armoury and/or wizard’s chamber/lab.

Overall, I’m guessing the size of the castle will be around three times that of the 3-in-1 Creator Castle but with four to five times the number of pieces because of the additional internal  and external detail.

Edited by AmperZand

Really hoping they go crazy with the Easter eggs in this one. 

Somethings like A valdek wanted poster, a fantasy era troll locked in the cellar with a Wolfpack renegade as his cell mate, knights from different factions at a little jousting tournament, a Wizard called Majisto, an armoured Princess ala princess Storm, and of course some goats ( though I'm not really expecting any goats but maybe wee could get the sheep in a new colour?).

9 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Really hoping they go crazy with the Easter eggs in this one. 

Somethings like A valdek wanted poster, a fantasy era troll locked in the cellar with a Wolfpack renegade as his cell mate, knights from different factions at a little jousting tournament, a Wizard called Majisto, an armoured Princess ala princess Storm, and of course some goats ( though I'm not really expecting any goats but maybe wee could get the sheep in a new colour?).

I like your thinking.  The cell mate idea is great.  So many opportunities with this.

OOOMMMMGGGGGGG. I love you guys, been nice chatting with everyone but in this business rumors are far and niched, time to start selling toys i don’t need but $350 castle set is a day 1 purchase for me, thank goodness I sorted my lego sets in storage last year and placed them by themes together in boxes and replaced all my old reddish brown bricks, I CANNOT WAITTTT  There’s a reason I was stocking up on Black Falcons!!!! 

Edited by eldiano

This is indeed the best news of late for castle fans!!! Hope this will be spectacular like Barracuda Bay was for Pirates. Really hope there will be a few faction of minifigs that can also be purchased through B&P for army builders!

12 hours ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

I can hear the cluck of chickens already, emerging from a village scene incorporated into the lower castle walls :excited:

I agree that the farm animals will be too convenient to omit, and if the rumoured price is accurate then there's no reason to see things like that being missed out.

I hope for something that is a mix between 6080-1.jpg and 7189-1.jpg?201102211259 with modern parts, details and building technique as  21322-1.jpg?202003240103

10 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I wonder if the set will include a goat.

10 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

I really hope it includes TWO goats.

8 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

animals such as all-time prised GOATS :)

This would be the prefect opportunity to bring back the goats yes:sweet:

9 hours ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

The counter argument is that the Castle fans got 3 votes to spread around those different Castle sub-themes, whereas Bionicle supporters were limited to just 1 selection and then had to pick something else or nothing at all.

So for me it didn’t then make sense to combine all of the Castle subtheme votes and present it as a top 4.

I do not understand that logic since there was a second vote, if they had just had one vote then combined all the Castle votes and said they won it would have been something different since Castle fans potentially could have voted 3 times as many as Bonkle fans, however with the second round that problem was eliminated since we only had one vote there :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, INTENSS said:

After the CMF bard was released with those coins, my confidence in the 90th anniversary set being a feast and celebration of multiple factions grew.I can see this set having 20 plus mini figures with multiple factions in it.  If you use the Mos Eisley and Daily Bugle sets as benchmarks, t they have 21 and 25 figures, respectively for $350 and $300.  Those are licensed themes as well, and the cantina even has a large animal mold.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Lego knocks this out of the park with about 20 minifigs, a few horses, and animals.  We’ll probably see a few old friends (factions) return in this set. I can’t help but expect to see a few civilians in it too which would be icing on the cake.

My guess is between 10-20 minifigs (closer to 20 than 10 hopefully), then I hope for 4 horses, 2 cows, 2 goats, 2 sheep, 1 pig, 3 hens (some juvenile animals of the former animals), If there is some forest area outside the castle I wound not mind deer, hare, etc included as well. Then 4000+ parts, I know I expect a lot, but it is 350 euro  non licensed set after all :blush:

13 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

A nice message (if true), but I feel that a 90th anniversary set should be a mix of multiple classic themes (Castle, Pirates, Space, etc.), this feels rather wrong.

(I do like the idea of getting a new medieval castle, though.)

Rather than one set featuring a mix of the classic themes, what they should have done is one set for each of those themes (might as well throw in BIONICLE too at that point, I grew up with those sets lol and I know a lot of other people also have nostalgia for them).  Although as a castle fan I am very happy about this if the rumor turns out to be true.  But I'd take one set from one theme over a kind of legacy set combining themes.

Anyway, back to the castle of it all, I hope the success of the Medieval Blacksmith set, the 3-in-1 Creator castle, and this if it turns out to be real will convince LEGO that a full Castle theme would sell really well.  Or even if they don't do a full theme, an annual D2C Castle set would be pretty sweet to see.

My main hopes for this set are 1) many animals and 2) many civilian minifigs. 

And if the castle itself is pretty, I may even build it and display it instead of using its parts for MOCs.

All this talk of goats and I'm here just desperately hoping that we get a revamped hennin. It's been WAY too long since we've had one outside a single CMF.

Civilian minifigures are a must on a set this size - and I don't think Lego will disappoint

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

All this talk of goats and I'm here just desperately hoping that we get a revamped hennin. It's been WAY too long since we've had one outside a single CMF.

Civilian minifigures are a must on a set this size - and I don't think Lego will disappoint

I would definitely expect at least some civilians, yeah. The price intrigues me as, given the 18+ unlicensed norm, it should have quite a good amount of pieces (guessing roughly 4500, but we'll see. 

23 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Awesome. Only problem is, I am also interested in the rumored $470 HP set, $530 SW set, $630 Eiffel Tower, $210 Sanctum Sanctorum, $500 Marvel set... and the list goes on. LEGO will have some hard passes from fans who are interested in all these themes but just can't afford so many large sets in a short time, or perhaps at all even over a long period of time. I wish they'd spread these out.

I doubt the 90th Anniversary set will have a short shelf life. It's going to do well. I'd be shocked if it were less than three years. 

I mean, this makes sense and is highly sought after. Concerns me on the price since too many large sets are coming out that will be awesome. And it is easy to say just wait because it will be around a while, but during that time more awesome expensive sets will be released. You really can't win. So you have to choose which means the most to you.

For that, I say Castle wins out. Long time coming.

As others, I'd expect/hope for some animals (and not just a frog or a chicken) and a variety of figures. You'd assume some new civilians. If there is anything like a joust, it will be too similar to Kingdoms joust since it had a lion faction vs a black falcon faction. 

26 minutes ago, Something_Awesome said:

I doubt the 90th Anniversary set will have a short shelf life. It's going to do well. I'd be shocked if it were less than three years. 

I was just about to ask if anyone has any idea of the set's shelf life. Three years seems too long to me for an anniversary set, but is there any reason to think it'll be less than a year? My biggest fear is that it will be an online exclusive for a month and then retired. After all, Lego knows all about scarcity and how much people will want this set.

(I'm not that pessimistic - I think a year sounds reasonable.)

Do we think Lego will announce if it has a short shelf life or just "it's gone when it's gone" kind of deal? Lego's marketing can sometimes be unclear - I'm thinking about when the Medieval Blacksmith was released and the marketing email stated "Hurry – limited stock! Buy early to avoid disappointment."

2 minutes ago, mvLego said:

I was just about to ask if anyone has any idea of the set's shelf life. Three years seems too long to me for an anniversary set, but is there any reason to think it'll be less than a year? My biggest fear is that it will be an online exclusive for a month and then retired. After all, Lego knows all about scarcity and how much people will want this set.

Do we think Lego will announce if it has a short shelf life or just "it's gone when it's gone" kind of deal? Lego's marketing can sometimes be unclear - I'm thinking about when the Medieval Blacksmith was released and the marketing email stated "Hurry – limited stock! Buy early to avoid disappointment."

A set that does well won't have a short shelf life. You're basically implying that you can see LEGO making a stupid financial decision because of the set's box art.

12 minutes ago, mvLego said:

Yeah but you can still buy the blacksmith shop.  I actually just bought a second copy to have in a sealed box.  The store had 3 on the shelf when I walked in and I bought one and another guy bought one.  So it's still selling well here anyway.  I think it will be on the shelves for at least a year.  

34 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Yeah but you can still buy the blacksmith shop.  I actually just bought a second copy to have in a sealed box.  The store had 3 on the shelf when I walked in and I bought one and another guy bought one.  So it's still selling well here anyway.  I think it will be on the shelves for at least a year.  

Blacksmith will probably do even better now. I actually just ordered one last week.

I won't say I am out yet, but I highly doubt Lego manages to make the set good enough to be worth 350€ to me... my set price limit is until now 200€. There are always dramatically needed things to fix like the Pirates of Barracuda Bay ship with sails printed on just one side and the stickers in Kwik-E-Mart or Simpsons House, that must be replaced with expensive custom printed parts, if I don't want to have just the brickbuild "E" legt after a few years... in the end such sets are at least about 300€ to be ready for display... If Lego really makes a modular Castle in Parisian Restaurant-quality I will maybe buy it. Anyways there will for sure be some cool parts that will be bricklinked, if not.

It is a variety of figs and heraldry that I am hoping for.  However, civilians go to the head of the class.  Not Kings and Queens, but... we will get those too.  I want regular civilians because you need them in multiples to populate castle MOCs more than anything. Just having soldiers and nobles populate a medieval city doesn't look good at all.  

Any new animal mold(s) or new color(s) would be excellent.  Another opportunity to include the sheep?  Lucky for me I already have a lot of goats, but I will not deny the demand for them in the community!  A new color of goat would be awesome! I would love a bird that is not a chicken too.  A pheasant, or just a small bird to put into trees?

I have no doubt the castle will be beautiful and the parts will be very useful to castle fans.  However, it is the little castley bits, prints, flags, barding, torsos, and minifig accessories that I can't MOC that I truly desire.  I will be buying in multiples.  And then buying whatever I can on bits-n-pieces because I have a kingdom to populate!

The hype is real!!!

A link to another article about this set.
https://brickshow.com/2022/03-12/

I think this will just be a castle either ala Cinderellas castle or a decent sized one with standalone buildings, medieval villages and a ton of mini figures, I’m just so glad the animals won’t be brick built like the creator sets 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

it is the little castley bits, prints, flags, barding, torsos, and minifig accessories that I can't MOC that I truly desire

Absolutely!!! You can bricklink and MOC your own UCS castle at good value but the little castle bits (especially barding) are really really expensive for what they are so a new release including them will be very desirable! And please bring back part 30273 (Headgear Helmet Castle with Chin Guard and Broad Brim). Paid a fortune for a bunch but would love some more.headgear.png.f2b27ab1d1c578e7b56ae04b339c0c4a.png

33 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

If thought is a August release, when does everyone think official pictures would be released? 

My guess would be July but I don’t know for sure. 

I've been slowly collecting a bigger Crusaders army, finding any shields or minifigures wherever I can.  I've even gotten a couple of the more recent 2019 Lion/Key shields that were available at the Lego Store.  I've expanded my army quite a bit to about 10 soldiers and a handful of knights.  I can't wait to see what they have in store for the Castle, because my army could use a castle to defend!

10 hours ago, Something_Awesome said:

Here's hoping. Even with that shelf life, as someone else mentioned, so many other interesting sets are probably going to come out in that time period... I know I won't be able to afford them all. It's priorities time, and this castle will be pretty high. LEGO knows what they are doing releasing all this expensive stuff so close together, I suppose.