Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #10: Pins & Needles

On 8/2/2022 at 8:11 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Jonk Deception Check vs. Achivist Insight Check - (3,1,1) 0 Success vs. (6,2,1,2,1,6) 2 Successes

52231028859_0b276f1688_t.jpg
"Hmm... An outfit like yours could hardly demand such a high fee. No, I'd say somewhere along the line of 150 credits, some sort of treasure or artifact, and of course business contacts would be satisfactory.

"I hear it's a seller's market, but anyway, in return for just not breaking your stuff more than it already is? I can't speak for the others..."

MM Note: So sorry folks, apparently my last post didn't actually upload.

On 8/2/2022 at 10:46 AM, Duvors said:

"The sapling sounds... beautiful, but I could not accept responsibility for such a thing. I have no interest in religious apocrypha, and the gate seems of limited usefulness." He leaned forward, taking another step towards the archivist. "Let me get down to brass tacks, as they say. What are the limits of the resources you have at your disposal? Could you, for instance, fund a planetary rebellion?"

The archivist's eyes narrow as she studies Enson trying to ascertain his motives.
"Perhaps, though I'm sure you'd find parts of the collection better suited to such an undertaking itself rather than as fodder for the coffers of a war. Though, rebellions do have a tendency to bury history, something I'm sure you know I like avoiding. Why, are you intending to lead one?"

22 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

"I hear it's a seller's market, but anyway, in return for just not breaking your stuff more than it already is? I can't speak for the others..."

"Excellent, then I'll wait for your companions thoughts on the offer."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The archivist's eyes narrow as she studies Enson trying to ascertain his motives.
"Perhaps, though I'm sure you'd find parts of the collection better suited to such an undertaking itself rather than as fodder for the coffers of a war. Though, rebellions do have a tendency to bury history, something I'm sure you know I like avoiding. Why, are you intending to lead one?"

"I have led one," Enson said, sidling closer, "in part at least. Tell me, have you ever lived under a foreign ruler? Have you lived from birth with an alien language in place of your own, with the values of an invader's culture replacing yours? Have you seen your tradition cast into the fire and destroyed?" Enson was now immediately to the right of the Archivist, his inscrutable orange eyes locked on her in an unblinking gaze. "My planet has been lucky enough to retain some of itself, but that only makes the awareness of our losses more acute. We are ruled by traitors and the descendants of traitors, and every day we are forced confront our own slavery. Tell me, can you promise freedom for my people? Can you offer that price for my compliance? And if not, what can you contribute?"

Edited by Duvors

17 hours ago, Duvors said:

"I have led one," Enson said, sidling closer, "in part at least. Tell me, have you ever lived under a foreign ruler? Have you lived from birth with an alien language in place of your own, with the values of an invader's culture replacing yours? Have you seen your tradition cast into the fire and destroyed?" Enson was now immediately to the right of the Archivist, his inscrutable orange eyes locked on her in an unblinking gaze. "My planet has been lucky enough to retain some of itself, but that only makes the awareness of our losses more acute. We are ruled by traitors and the descendants of traitors, and every day we are forced confront our own slavery. Tell me, can you promise freedom for my people? Can you offer that price for my compliance? And if not, what can you contribute?"

"Did you try more pamphlets? All jokes aside Enson, that sounds horrid, if you need someone to talk to, we're here mate. Drink your tea, it's not as good as you'd think, but it's alright."

On 8/4/2022 at 1:52 PM, Duvors said:

"So you were a member of the Mar'viosh, or something akin to it I presume?" The Archivist focuses upon Enson, "My race continuously experience the memories of our elders in The Remembering, we recall the O'Kor'uk's rise to power and their downfall and subsequent subjugation, the days the great Groves were burned and felled... I believe I have something in my archive that you may indeed find of use. During the Pluravian conquest of Vin'quo, a number of artifacts were captured by the Ytaxxi and relocated to Hi-Pluvvon. During the most recent war with the League a number of the Imperial museums were shuttered and their private collections auctioned off to help fund the fighting. So saying, this vault now houses the Ri'viod, The Children of the Delta, scrolls detailing the genealogical history of Quo'ri generations stretching back before the invasion of the planet. I assume they were taken so that no-one could question the legitimacy of the installed aristocracy. I'd imagine in the right hands, these scrolls could be used to bring instability to certain established governmental structures of Vin'quo, no? A culture so steeped in tradition and honor, would find it difficult to tolerate such deception on a wide scale."

MM Note: @Peppermint_M Anything to add?

11 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

"Did you try more pamphlets? All jokes aside Enson, that sounds horrid, if you need someone to talk to, we're here mate. Drink your tea, it's not as good as you'd think, but it's alright."

Enson broke eye contact with the Archivist. In spite of his need to maintain the intensity of manner before the Cladrasith, he found he could not face this sincere offer of sympathy with equanimity.
"Th- thank you, Jonk." he said. He reached for the teapot and carefully poured himself a cup, noting with some surprise that his hands were shaking. He'd been intentionally playing up his own anger, and was somewhat surprised that the strength of his emotion had not been as feigned as he believed.
Some of the old fire still burns, then. he thought as he raised the cup to his lips.

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"So you were a member of the Mar'viosh, or something akin to it I presume?" The Archivist focuses upon Enson, "My race continuously experience the memories of our elders in The Remembering, we recall the O'Kor'uk's rise to power and their downfall and subsequent subjugation, the days the great Groves were burned and felled... I believe I have something in my archive that you may indeed find of use. During the Pluravian conquest of Vin'quo, a number of artifacts were captured by the Ytaxxi and relocated to Hi-Pluvvon. During the most recent war with the League a number of the Imperial museums were shuttered and their private collections auctioned off to help fund the fighting. So saying, this vault now houses the Ri'viod, The Children of the Delta, scrolls detailing the genealogical history of Quo'ri generations stretching back before the invasion of the planet. I assume they were taken so that no-one could question the legitimacy of the installed aristocracy. I'd imagine in the right hands, these scrolls could be used to bring instability to certain established governmental structures of Vin'quo, no? A culture so steeped in tradition and honor, would find it difficult to tolerate such deception on a wide scale."

Enson jerked back in shock. While he'd been aware that most of the aristocrats that had gone over to the invaders had been second sons and distant cousins, that idea that they'd had no legitimate claim at all was a genuine surprise. He'd come to believe that aristocracy was a sham, but he'd always thought that its adherents at least believed in it themselves.
Steadying himself, he swallowed his mouthful of tea and spoke. "Such a thing, employed judiciously, would be certain to have great effect." He set down his cup. "At the moment the empire is too strong, but at a moment of weakness it could shatter their authority forever."
And not just on Vin'Quo, he thought, the idea of such cynical double-dealing with the strictures of the caste system, even so long ago, would significantly reduce the Throne's moral authority throughout the Empire.
"What you have offered me," he said slowly, "is one of the greatest weapons one could ask for against the Empire. Such a thing is almost beyond price."

On 8/5/2022 at 7:39 PM, Duvors said:

Steadying himself, he swallowed his mouthful of tea and spoke. "Such a thing, employed judiciously, would be certain to have great effect." He set down his cup. "At the moment the empire is too strong, but at a moment of weakness it could shatter their authority forever."
And not just on Vin'Quo, he thought, the idea of such cynical double-dealing with the strictures of the caste system, even so long ago, would significantly reduce the Throne's moral authority throughout the Empire.
"What you have offered me," he said slowly, "is one of the greatest weapons one could ask for against the Empire. Such a thing is almost beyond price."

"That is the nature of those who honor the past. They see its value, even if it may not be realized in the moment." The Archivist finishes her tea before addressing the group as a whole. "Now then, unless you have other demands, here is how I see it: Mr. Jonk here is amiable to financial and material compensation, I assume your tight-lipped pink haired associate is as well, though I wouldn't have minded getting to know her better. As for you, the scrolls of the Ri'viod. In return, those who have left here will not be pursued and information about the particulars of this archive will remain undisclosed. Do we have an understanding?"

OOC: I really don't want to commit to a response without some indication of how binding it is. Will agreeing with the deal actually oblige us to go along with it? Will it end the mission or will it continue? I'm genuinely at something of a loss here because I don't know what it is we're supposed to do at this juncture. You've told us that the Archivist is obsessive and vulnerable when distracted, but we've received no clue as to what to distract her with. And I still don't understand why you wanted someone on this mission with explosives proficiency. I thought it would be for breaking Jippo out of his prison, but we've accomplished that already and now I have no idea what the point of that is. I also have no idea what all these mission items we've been picking up are for. I know they're important because we can interact with them, but I have no clue what we're supposed to do with them. In all honesty, apart from the 'curing Jippo's disease' and 'rescue Bertram from the chair of death' segments I've had no clear indication as to what our goals are or how we can accomplish them. And frankly both of those felt more like irritating distractions than anything else.

18 hours ago, Duvors said:

OOC: I really don't want to commit to a response without some indication of how binding it is. Will agreeing with the deal actually oblige us to go along with it? Will it end the mission or will it continue? I'm genuinely at something of a loss here because I don't know what it is we're supposed to do at this juncture. You've told us that the Archivist is obsessive and vulnerable when distracted, but we've received no clue as to what to distract her with. And I still don't understand why you wanted someone on this mission with explosives proficiency. I thought it would be for breaking Jippo out of his prison, but we've accomplished that already and now I have no idea what the point of that is. I also have no idea what all these mission items we've been picking up are for. I know they're important because we can interact with them, but I have no clue what we're supposed to do with them. In all honesty, apart from the 'curing Jippo's disease' and 'rescue Bertram from the chair of death' segments I've had no clear indication as to what our goals are or how we can accomplish them. And frankly both of those felt more like irritating distractions than anything else.

MM Note: Agreeing to the deal and going along with it will move you toward the conclusion of the mission, if Enson is intending to lie then make that clear and the mission will continue down that path. I've given you traits about the Archivist it's up to you to determine how to use them. You've circumnavigated the need for explosives at this point (unless you want to get into the East Vault). Mission Items do not designate critical importance to the mission, only that they could prove helpful in certain circumstances and will be removed from the PC's inventory at the end of the mission. Dagger's Letter (useful if the party used the vault's archive to look up changelings), Tehanui Teal (one of the NPC's becomes much friendlier if offered the drink), Nanite Elixer (Negotiating item), Flour (potentially usable in a fight), Certain keys (unlock vaults/containment units), Golden Scorpion (could generate more poison in the lab). The mission goal was to retrieve Jippo (accomplished), any further goals by your characters are up to you.

20 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

OOC:Nah, I'm good. Not wanting to tread on any toes or disrupt this fine bit of roleplay

MM Note: I understand you don't want to disrupt any play, but it would be good to know Aysu's opinion on whether she'd take some sort of deal with the Archivist. The Archivist has also inquired of Aysu a few times wanting to know more about her. If Aysu isn't wanting to give anything away, that isn't a problem, it'd simply be nice to have a post saying that "Aysu stares back at the Archivist resolutely, refusing to answer any questions" or something like that.

Enson stood over the Archivist, his body language tense and with a blank expression. 'I have to look like I'm considering her offer.' he thought, 'that I'm about to break down and accept. That should fit her worldview.'
He let out a shuddering sigh, his shoulders slumping as he relaxed and let the tension slough off him. He looked down for a moment, breaking eye contact. After a moment he looked up and said "Yes, I understand."

Enson will attempt the following:

1. Performance check to distract the Archivist, the intent being to make the following checks easier.
  2. Persuasion check to convince her he has accepted her offer, the intent being to make her drop her guard.
  3. Sleight of Hand check to surreptitiously draw his Falchion under the table.
  4. Attack the Archivist.

Jonk (probably?) can read Enson enough to see his intent and after rolling his eyes, a lot, he will attempt to throw the fine 00' grade pocket-flour in people's eyes to hopefully get advantage against some of the nearby people as combat breaks out.

Edited by Scubacarrot

On 8/14/2022 at 5:08 PM, Duvors said:

Enson stood over the Archivist, his body language tense and with a blank expression. 'I have to look like I'm considering her offer.' he thought, 'that I'm about to break down and accept. That should fit her worldview.'
He let out a shuddering sigh, his shoulders slumping as he relaxed and let the tension slough off him. He looked down for a moment, breaking eye contact. After a moment he looked up and said "Yes, I understand."

Enson will attempt the following:

1. Performance check to distract the Archivist, the intent being to make the following checks easier.
  2. Persuasion check to convince her he has accepted her offer, the intent being to make her drop her guard.
  3. Sleight of Hand check to surreptitiously draw his Falchion under the table.
  4. Attack the Archivist.

MM Note: So lots going on here that basically boils down to a deception check with an attempt to surprise the Archivist.

Enson Deception Check vs. Archivist Insight Check - (2,6,6) 2 Successes vs. (4,1,2,4,5,4) 4 Successes

Enson Sleight of Hand Check vs. Archivist Perception Check - (3,5,3) 1 Success vs. (2,5,2) 1 Success

As Enson stands he clears his throat to accept the offer, the Archivist stares at him detecting a slight waiver in his voice and seeing him make to draw his sword.

"Your words say one thing, though your voice and hands betrays you. I'm sorry we couldn't come to an arrangement that worked for the both of us."

On 8/15/2022 at 7:09 AM, Scubacarrot said:

Jonk (probably?) can read Enson enough to see his intent and after rolling his eyes, a lot, he will attempt to throw the fine 00' grade pocket-flour in people's eyes to hopefully get advantage against some of the nearby people as combat breaks out.

Jonk notes negotiations souring and makes to blind the nearest guard with the flour.

Jonk Athletics Check vs. Elite Elf Thug Skill - (2,4,5) 2 Successes vs. (1,4) 1 Success = Elf Blinded for 1st round of combat.

"Guards, dispose of them, I have other matters to attend to."

52291246773_7b871a30c2_c.jpg

Round 0
Enson Velocity Check - (6,5) 2 Successes
Aysu Velocity Check - (3,5) 1 Success
Jonk Velocity Check - (2,3,2) 0 Successes

Archivist Velocity Check - (5,4) 2 Successes
Thugs Velocity Check - (4,1) 1 Success

Heroes
48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors)
60 cycles old male Quo'ri
Character Points: 0/27
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 4/4
Proficiencies: Insight 2, Medicine 3, Melee Weapons 2, Performance 1, Religion 2, Explosives 1
Spells: Healing Light, Purging Font, Quantum Transportation, Warding Bond
Credits: 62
Equipment: Plasma Falchion (+2 Melee Energy), Plasma Splicer (Tool, as an action, transfer Vitality with an adjacent ally)
Inventory: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes) Essence of Glibness, Essence of Precaution, Nanite Elixir 2x, Dagger's Letter (Mission Item), Tehanui Teal (Consumable, Mission Item), Crude Machete (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Nanite Elixer? (Mission Item),  Exo Suit, Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Felthorn Cleaver of Fate (Standard Kinetic Melee weapon, 1's are rerolled once), Aquin Knighting Ceremonial Sword (Standard Kinetic Melee weapon)

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (Peppermint_M)
22 Rotations Old, Female? Adopted Human.
Character Points: 5/23
Vitality: 6/6
Strength: 3
Skill: 3
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Spell: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 182
Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy) with Gravimetric Bipod - Weapon Attachment (The first Offensive Combat check with this weapon is Lucky) attached, Farsight Goggles, Plasma Chain Shirt (Standard Energy Armor), 
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Field Rations (Consumable, Restores 1 Vitality), Gator Hide (Can be converted into either Kinetic or Elemental Standard Armor by a craftsman), Zinc (Calibrated Kinetic Long Range Weapon), Flowing Font Scepter (Standard Short Range Elemental Weapon, Adaptable [Spend 1 action to change the range of the weapon]), Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Exo-suit, 
Crystal Staff (Standard, Kinetic Melee Weapon), Translator Cube

51917792106_e4be646478_q.jpg  Jonk (Scubacarrot)
30-something cycles Male Celestial
Character Points: 1/17
Velocity: 3
Strength: 2
Smarts: 4
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Sleight of Hand 2, Long Range Weapons 1, Perception 1
Credits: 70
Equipment:  Sighted Corpo Blazer (Calibrated Elemental Long Range weapon), Cloaking Generator (Tool, grants +1 Sleight-of-hand or Stealth Check Successes)Archaic Tabard (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory: Flower Petals (Mission Item), Throwing Darts (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon), 2x Crude Machete (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon),  Silver Key (Mission Item), Exo-Suit (Tool, grants +1 Athletics or Acrobatics Check Successes), Goldon Scorpion (Mission Item)

Enemies

52231028859_0b276f1688_t.jpg Archivist (Scholar) *Fleeing on Round 3*
Vitality: 15/15
Smarts: 5
Spirit: 6/6
Proficiencies: Arcana 3, Insight 3, Nature 3, Occult 3, Persuasion 5, Religion 3
Spells: Gain Entry, Obfuscation, Quantum Transportation, Securing, Tongues, Warding Bond
Credits: 400
Equipment:

52230754586_dfc154931f_t.jpg Krassar Elite Thug
Smarts: 2
Proficiencies: Athletics 2, Short Range Weapons 2, Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 1
Credits: 30
Equipment: Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Plasma Chain (Standard Energy Armor)
Inventory: Titanium Blade (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)

52231028784_5aa65c5e04_t.jpg Stratitarian Elite Thug
Proficiencies: Athletics 2, Short Range Weapons 2, Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 1
Equipment: Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Plasma Chain (Standard Energy Armor)

52229756097_994a345262_t.jpg Elf Elite Thug *Blind (1 Round Remaining)*

52230760498_3c83e4b4a5_t.jpgAdamite Elite Thug

I think there's been a misunderstanding. When I said that Enson was to the right of the archivist I meant that he was standing immediately adjacent to them (E2 on the map), not sitting at the table. I should also like to play that even though I'm fine with the persuasion check being replaced by deception I don't think the performance check should have been rolled into that. The purpose of that check was to make the other checks easier as stated, not to deceive the Archivist directly (essentially what I did with Bertram and tried earlier with the guards).

Edited by Duvors

On 8/17/2022 at 10:31 AM, Duvors said:

I think there's been a misunderstanding. When I said that Enson was to the right of the archivist I meant that he was standing immediately adjacent to them (E2 on the map), not sitting at the table. I should also like to play that even though I'm fine with the persuasion check being replaced by deception I don't think the performance check should have been rolled into that. The purpose of that check was to make the other checks easier as stated, not to deceive the Archivist directly (essentially what I did with Bertram and tried earlier with the guards).

MM Note: You are correct about the position, the battle map has been updated. Regarding the performance check, in lieu of any sort of description of how you intended to use performance to distract the archivist the deception check was substituted in as that was the desired effect.

Aysu will move to B5 and attack the Archivist.

Jonk will move to B4 and rally Aysu.

"Fire in the hole!" Aysu aimed and fired, the sooner she got out of here, the better. The while place had started to freak her out way too much. Thoughts of being part of the collection if everything went wrong, flickered through her head. 

Enson bears down upon the Cladrasith and strikes a mighty blow, piercing through her tough bark. Across the table Aysu and Jonk scramble around the chairs as Aysu lands a tremendous hit on the Archivist and Enson encourages her onward. As the Archivist retreats to the corner of the room, the scholar quickly enacts a warding spell as her guards form up in a defensive position. Jonk dodges one bolt as the Adamite manages to scrape Enson with a glancing shot.

52307674729_cbf26224f0_c.jpg

Round 1
Enson moves to D3
Enson attacks Archivist - (1,5,+2) 3 Successes vs. (2,1) 0 Successes = 3 Damage
Aysu moves to B5
Aysu attacks Archivist - (6,4,5, 6,5,2,+2) 5 Successes vs. (4,5) 2 Successes = 3 Damage
Jonk moves to B4
Jonk rallies Aysu - +4 Dice to Aysu next Offensive Combat Check

Archivist moves to F2
Archivist casts Shielding Ward
Krassar Elite Thug moves to A2
Krassar Elite Thug attacks Jonk - (1,4,+1) 2 Successes vs. (5,4) 2 Successes = 0 Damage
Stratitarian Elite Thug moves to E2
Stratitarian Elite Thug Defends Archivist - +2 to Archivist's next Defensive Combat Check
Elf Thug moves to A3
Elf Thug switches weapons
Adamite Thug moves to E1
Adamite Thug attacks Enson - (1,5,+1) 2 Successes vs. (5,1) 1 Success = 1 Damage

Heroes
Vitality: 4/5
Proficiencies: Insight 2, Medicine 3, Melee Weapons 2, Performance 1, Religion 2, Explosives 1
Equipment: Plasma Falchion (+2 Melee Energy), Plasma Splicer (Tool, as an action, transfer Vitality with an adjacent ally)
Inventory: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes) Essence of Glibness, Essence of Precaution, Nanite Elixir 2x, Dagger's Letter (Mission Item), Tehanui Teal (Consumable, Mission Item), Crude Machete (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Nanite Elixer? (Mission Item),  Exo Suit, Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Felthorn Cleaver of Fate (Standard Kinetic Melee weapon, 1's are rerolled once), Aquin Knighting Ceremonial Sword (Standard Kinetic Melee weapon)

Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy) with Gravimetric Bipod - Weapon Attachment (The first Offensive Combat check with this weapon is Lucky) attached, Farsight Goggles, Plasma Chain Shirt (Standard Energy Armor), 
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Field Rations (Consumable, Restores 1 Vitality), Gator Hide (Can be converted into either Kinetic or Elemental Standard Armor by a craftsman), Zinc (Calibrated Kinetic Long Range Weapon), Flowing Font Scepter (Standard Short Range Elemental Weapon, Adaptable [Spend 1 action to change the range of the weapon]), Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Exo-suit, 

Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Sleight of Hand 2, Long Range Weapons 1, Perception 1
Equipment:  Sighted Corpo Blazer (Calibrated Elemental Long Range weapon), Cloaking Generator (Tool, grants +1 Sleight-of-hand or Stealth Check Successes)Archaic Tabard (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory: Flower Petals (Mission Item), Throwing Darts (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon), 2x Crude Machete (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon),  Silver Key (Mission Item), Exo-Suit (Tool, grants +1 Athletics or Acrobatics Check Successes), Goldon Scorpion (Mission Item)

Enemies

52231028859_0b276f1688_t.jpg Archivist (Scholar) *Fleeing on Round 2* *+5 Armor 2 Rounds Remaining*
Vitality: 9/15
Spirit: 3/6
Proficiencies: Arcana 3, Insight 3, Nature 3, Occult 3, Persuasion 5, Religion 3
Spells: Gain Entry, Obfuscation, Quantum Transportation, Securing, Tongues, Warding Bond
Equipment:

52229756097_994a345262_t.jpg Elf Elite Thug
Equipment: Titanium Blade (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Plasma Chain (Standard Energy Armor)
Inventory: Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon),

I'm not sure why my character portrait is in C2. Oh well.

Enson will move to E3 and kick the tea set into the Stratitarian Thug's face. (Attempting to blind)

Unless the others disagree, their characters will do the following:

Aysu will move to C5 and attack the Archivist.

Jonk will move to B5 and rally Aysu.

Edited by Duvors

MM Note: You are correct, fixed the last map. Feel free to jump in @Scubacarrot and @Peppermint M

Enson rushes forward smashing the teapot into the face of the Stratitarian who staggers back clutching his eyes. Across the room Aysu continues to lay down heavy fire on the Archivist, but the Cladrasith's magic deflect the shots. Jonk continues to shout support to his companions even as the Elven thug sidesteps the Celestial's guard and stabs him. Enson comes under a vicious assault as the Archivist spurs her guards onward even as she looks ready to make her escape.

52306434952_d175a5edcc_c.jpg

Round 2
Enson moves to E3
Enson attempts to blind Stratitarian - Enson Athletics vs. Stratitarian Skill - (5,5,6) 3 Successes vs. (6,6) 2 Successes - Stratitarian Blinded 1 Round
Aysu moves to B5
Aysu attacks Archivist - (3,3,6,6,6,4,6,+2) 7 Successes vs. (1,4,4,6,+5) 8 Successes = 0 Damage
Jonk moves to B4
Jonk rallies Aysu - +4 Dice to Aysu next Offensive Combat Check

Archivist Rallies Adamite Thug - +5 to Adamite's next Offensive Combat Check
Archivist moves to G3
Krassar Thug moves to B3
Krassar Thug attacks Jonk - (5,4,+1) 3 Successes vs. (5,1) 1 Success = 2 Damage
Stratitarian Thug switches weapons
Elf Thug moves to C4
Elf Thug attacks Aysu - (2,4,+1) 2 Successes vs. (4,4,5) 3 Successes = 0 Damage
Adamite Thug moves to E1
Adamite Thug attacks Enson - (5,6,2,5,6,2,2,+1) 5 Successes vs. (4,5) 2 Success = 3 Damage

Heroes
Vitality: 1/5

Vitality: 3/5

Enemies

52231028859_0b276f1688_t.jpg Archivist (Scholar) *Fleeing on Round 3* *+5 Armor (1 Hit Remaining)*
Vitality: 9/15
Spirit: 3/6
Proficiencies: Arcana 3, Insight 3, Nature 3, Occult 3, Persuasion 5, Religion 3
Spells: Gain Entry, Obfuscation, Quantum Transportation, Securing, Tongues, Warding Bond
Equipment:

52231028784_5aa65c5e04_t.jpg Stratitarian Elite Thug *Blinded (1 Round Remaining)*
Equipment: Titanium Blade (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Plasma Chain (Standard Energy Armor)
Inventory: Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon) 

Equipment: Titanium Blade (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Plasma Chain (Standard Energy Armor)

OoC: @Waterbrick Down, I think you've made a mistake. Warding Bond works off the number of attacks taken, not a round-by-round duration. Aysu's attack would still have removed a use of it, but if the Archivist had been attacked twice last round she wouldn't have had any remaining uses.

Enson will move to G4 and attack the Archivist.

As such, once I've taken this action, the Archivist would have no armor remaining if-

Aysu will move to D5 and attack the Archivist.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:17 PM, Duvors said:

OoC: @Waterbrick Down, I think you've made a mistake. Warding Bond works off the number of attacks taken, not a round-by-round duration. Aysu's attack would still have removed a use of it, but if the Archivist had been attacked twice last round she wouldn't have had any remaining uses.

Enson will move to G4 and attack the Archivist.

As such, once I've taken this action, the Archivist would have no armor remaining if-

Aysu will move to D5 and attack the Archivist.

MM Note: You are right, fixed.

The Archivist makes a mad dash for the door as Enson tries to cut her off. The Quo'ri's blade swings wide as Aysu scores another shot on the Cladrasith. Jonk quickly assess their situation and makes to start thinning out the guards. With a sneer, the Archivist duck through the door and flees. The remaining guards quickly bear down on the heroes. Aysu takes a nasty scrape as Enson is knocked out by the Adamite.

52312812187_89077e238c_c.jpg

Round 3
Enson moves to G4
Enson attacks Archivist - (5,3,+2) 3 Successes vs. (5,1,+5) 6 Successes = 0 Damage
Aysu moves to B5
Aysu attacks Archivist - (1,1,5,4,2,3,5,+2) 5 Successes vs. (1,6) 1 Successes = 4 Damage
Elf Thug Opportunistically Attacks Aysu - (6,1,+1) 2 Successes vs. (4,4,5) 3 Successes = 0 Damage
Jonk moves to E5
Jonk attacks Elf Thug - (1,+2,-1) 1 Success vs. (3,4) 1 Success = 0 Damage

Archivist Flees (DC 3) - (4,6,4) 3 Successes, Archivist escapes!
Krassar Thug moves to B3
Krassar Thug attacks Aysu - (6,5,+1) 3 Successes vs. (5,1,3) 1 Success = 2 Damage
Stratitarian moves to G3
Stratitarian Thug attacks Enson - (3,1,+1) 1 Success vs. (6,2) 1 Success = 0 Damage
Elf Thug attacks Aysu - (4,4,+1) 3 Successes vs. (6,4,6) 3 Successes = 0 Damage
Adamite moves to G2
Adamite Thug attacks Enson - (1,4,+1) 2 Successes vs. (3,3) 2 Success = 2 Damage

Heroes
48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors) *Unstable*
Vitality: 0/5

Vitality: 4/6

Vitality: 3/5

Enemies

Equipment: Titanium Blade (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Plasma Chain (Standard Energy Armor)
Inventory: Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon)