Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #10: Pins & Needles

2 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

Jonk pockets the crystal and heads back to the containment room.

"Hey, Graw, was it? Don't mean to presume but do you have any clue how to harvest a landsquid liver?"

49076316268_7a20f5c9f2_t.jpg
“Well, I’ve chopped up my fair share of calamari in my day. Need some assistance, do ya?”

1 hour ago, Duvors said:

Enson will attempt to disable the alarm from the outside.

Enson Engineering Check (DC 2) - (3,3,2,+1) 1 Success

A high pitched alarm begins to sound as Enson fails to disable the device. After 5 minutes, it quits.

"Oh to hell with it. I just hope these things don't come alive and attack us."

Enson will equip the Plasma Splicer and smash the case.

9 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Oh to hell with it. I just hope these things don't come alive and attack us."

Enson will equip the Plasma Splicer and smash the case.

Enson breaks the glass and finds the spiders pinned to the display board, apparently dead.

Enson will retrive the juvenile female specimen and return to the others.

On 7/10/2022 at 11:52 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

“Well, I’ve chopped up my fair share of calamari in my day. Need some assistance, do ya?”

"Yep! Can you tell me where to slice?"

Enson will retrive the juvenile female specimen and return to the others.

Enson grabs the spider and heads back to Jonk, Graw, and Aysu in the West Vault. Rax hobbles his way into the room.

52018427584_f63f8fd827_t.jpg
"What now?"

7 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

"Yep! Can you tell me where to slice?"

"Gladly."

Jonk and Graw Nature Check (DC2) - (2,5,2,1,5) 2 Successes

With Graw's help, Jonk is able to carve out the liver of the Landsquid.

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Gladly."

Jonk and Graw Nature Check (DC2) - (2,5,2,1,5) 2 Successes

With Graw's help, Jonk is able to carve out the liver of the Landsquid.

"Amazing, thank you very much, I'd never been able to do that without your help! If there is anything we can do for you, let us know! Right, so, flowers, crystal, liver... you got the silk, Enson?"

Meanwhile, Jonk will don his exo suit, and will place the crystal on the floor and attempt to smash it into shards.

"Amazing, thank you very much, I'd never been able to do that without your help! If there is anything we can do for you, let us know! Right, so, flowers, crystal, liver... you got the silk, Enson?"

"Indeed," Enson said, wiggling the enormous dead spider provocatively, "And we were also able to scrounge up some medical equipment. The doctor is dead though, he tried to escape while we were fighting the squid."

"250 results... Great. So if some of the collection is dead already, hmm, Ok computer, from these results which are still a live threat?" 

On 7/13/2022 at 6:50 AM, Scubacarrot said:

Meanwhile, Jonk will don his exo suit, and will place the crystal on the floor and attempt to smash it into shards.

"It'd be nice to know how to get out of here."

Jonk Athletics Check (DC 2) - (6,4,6,+1) 4 Successes

The Celestial shatters the crystal into tiny fragments with a single strike from the exo-suit, leaving a dent in the floor.

20 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Indeed," Enson said, wiggling the enormous dead spider provocatively, "And we were also able to scrounge up some medical equipment. The doctor is dead though, he tried to escape while we were fighting the squid."

"I imagine we can just cut into that thing for the silk, no?"

17 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"250 results... Great. So if some of the collection is dead already, hmm, Ok computer, from these results which are still a live threat?" 

Aysu finds that 200 are currently living. 50 are labeled as deceased.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:52 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

"I imagine we can just cut into that thing for the silk, no?"

"Indeed. Here," Enson said, handing Rix the utility belt, "if you take that and hand me things when I ask for them we'll be finished in no time."

Enson will equip the Alchemy Set and attempt to synthesize a cure with Rix's assistance.

Jonk will describe the route to the exit for Graw.

"Don't forget the boil the liver, hehe. There was a stove in the breakroom."

Jonk will describe the route to the exit for Graw.

"Don't forget the boil the liver, hehe. There was a stove in the breakroom."

Graw leaves the vault and soon returns with a boiled liver.

"I think I'll be getting out of here if it's all the same to you. You lot got a name or something? Are you part of Space Police?"

"Indeed. Here," Enson said, handing Rix the utility belt, "if you take that and hand me things when I ask for them we'll be finished in no time."

Enson will equip the Alchemy Set and attempt to synthesize a cure with Rix's assistance.

"What do we have to lose?"

Enson and Rix Medicine Check (DC 5) - (6,6,5,5,5,2 4,4,4,1,1,2, +1) 6 Successes

Against all odds, Enson and Rix manage to work together and painstakingly slowly mix, filter, titrate, and distill a bright pink tincture. Now all that remained was to test it.

"Think it'll work?"

"Okay, that was not exactly the best filter down. But everyone is in containment and some of them, could be in stasis. Computer, remove from those results anyone in stasis."  It was a risk, it could have wasted her time, but at least if everyone was in stasis, then the actual authorities could come and figure out a rescue because it was pretty certain Enson would go and report the facility if they escaped alive today. 

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Think it'll work?"

"I desparately hope so." Enson said as he lifted the concoction. Turning about, he made his way towards the pod containing Jippo. Stopping just before the infected dwarf, he took a moment to calm his nerves. Well, he thought, as least we tried.
And with that thought, he stretched out his hand to open the pod door.

Enson will administer the medicine.

18 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Okay, that was not exactly the best filter down. But everyone is in containment and some of them, could be in stasis. Computer, remove from those results anyone in stasis."  It was a risk, it could have wasted her time, but at least if everyone was in stasis, then the actual authorities could come and figure out a rescue because it was pretty certain Enson would go and report the facility if they escaped alive today. 

Of the 200 living specimens, it appeared another 50 were in some sort of stasis.

6 hours ago, Duvors said:

"I desparately hope so." Enson said as he lifted the concoction. Turning about, he made his way towards the pod containing Jippo. Stopping just before the infected dwarf, he took a moment to calm his nerves. Well, he thought, as least we tried.
And with that thought, he stretched out his hand to open the pod door.

Enson will administer the medicine.

As Enson stepped inside the sick dwarf lunged at him.

52123045526_5e80b66094_t.jpg
"Yrrggg!"

Enson Athletic Check (DC 1) - (2,2,6) 1 Success

The Quo'ri quickly sidesteps as his patient rams into the glass. Restraining the dwarf with three of his arms, Enson jams the concoction down the victim's throat. After a few more struggles the dwarf goes limp and sinks to the floor. A minute passes, two, three and then the pale translucent color begins to disappear from Jippo's skin and after another minute or two he sits up.

52123289289_bf3b15019b_t.jpg
"Yeesh, I've got a splittin' headache, feel like I've been roused from the dead, I do. Who are you lot? Where am I?"

At that moment an alarm begins to sound and the vault door closes, trapping the heroes and the newly rescued Jippo inside.

"I'm guessing that ain't a good sign, no?"

"Assuredly not." Enson said, one hand going to his plasma splicer. "Jippo, I am afraid your questions will have to wait, though I assure you we are on your side."
With a swift atonal intonation, he erected a shielding ward over Rix and Wollipog before striding over to the door. Igniting his plasma falchion, he lifted it to cut through the door.

"Okay, stuff going on." Aysu left the computer, ready for action if Enson uncovered more trouble. Keeping the information for later, it might be useful.

12 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Assuredly not." Enson said, one hand going to his plasma splicer. "Jippo, I am afraid your questions will have to wait, though I assure you we are on your side."
With a swift atonal intonation, he erected a shielding ward over Rix and Wollipog before striding over to the door. Igniting his plasma falchion, he lifted it to cut through the door.

7 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Okay, stuff going on." Aysu left the computer, ready for action if Enson uncovered more trouble. Keeping the information for later, it might be useful.

Enson finds the vault door incredibly thick and estimates it could take a good hour to cut through even with his plasma falchion.

23 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

Jonk checks for alternative exits or vents.

Jonk Perception Check (DC 1,3,5) - (2,5,3,5,) 2 Successes

The vault extends for a good distance to the party's left and right, though the numbering of the containment units indicates that the path creates a loop. Jonk does spot a security camera above the vault door that moves to focus upon them. The ceiling is dark and obscured and difficult to search for ventilation ducts.

26 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Jonk Perception Check (DC 1,3,5) - (2,5,3,5,) 2 Successes

The vault extends for a good distance to the party's left and right, though the numbering of the containment units indicates that the path creates a loop. Jonk does spot a security camera above the vault door that moves to focus upon them. The ceiling is dark and obscured and difficult to search for ventilation ducts.

Jonk waves to the camera.

"Miss Archivist I presume, is it miss? Is there a Mister Archivist? Anyway, hi, I am Jonk. perhaps time for a chat? I am assuming you van hear me otherwise I am being very silly right now."

Enson stood back from the door, shaking his head. This wasn't getting them anywhere, they needed drastic action.
Bowing his head, Enson clasped his hands together and closed his eyes, dismissing the world around him. He let himself drift away on the tides of the meditative trance, neither pursuing nor being pursued. The sounds of the world around him faded, and soon he found himself floating in emptiness.
It was very quiet, for there was nothing but him and he was everything. There was sunlight, and rain, and the singing of birds, and the crying of children. There was light and dark, peace and war, and, just for a moment, the whole of history laid out before him. Past and future known for the briefest moment and then forgotten. And he was everywhere, for all places were one and the walls dividing them were illusion.
Enson opened his eyes, spoke a few words, and, without any fanfare, was somewhere else.

Enson will spend 2 CP to increase his spirit to 4 and learn Quantum Transposition. He will then cast Minor Transport and many times as needed to get everyone out of the vault, meditating as needed.

23 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

Jonk waves to the camera.

"Miss Archivist I presume, is it miss? Is there a Mister Archivist? Anyway, hi, I am Jonk. perhaps time for a chat? I am assuming you van hear me otherwise I am being very silly right now."

The camera swivels in affirmation.

8 hours ago, Duvors said:

Enson stood back from the door, shaking his head. This wasn't getting them anywhere, they needed drastic action.
Bowing his head, Enson clasped his hands together and closed his eyes, dismissing the world around him. He let himself drift away on the tides of the meditative trance, neither pursuing nor being pursued. The sounds of the world around him faded, and soon he found himself floating in emptiness.
It was very quiet, for there was nothing but him and he was everything. There was sunlight, and rain, and the singing of birds, and the crying of children. There was light and dark, peace and war, and, just for a moment, the whole of history laid out before him. Past and future known for the briefest moment and then forgotten. And he was everywhere, for all places were one and the walls dividing them were illusion.
Enson opened his eyes, spoke a few words, and, without any fanfare, was somewhere else.

Enson will spend 2 CP to increase his spirit to 4 and learn Quantum Transposition. He will then cast Minor Transport and many times as needed to get everyone out of the vault, meditating as needed.

Enson briefly materializes outside the vault doors, but in a semi translucent almost ethereal state, his body finding difficulty materializing. The Quo'ri notes a gathering of guards and a robed figure walking toward the vault from the previously locked door in the main hall. Even as Enson attempts to maintain his bodily hold he can feel himself slipping and is shunted back into the vault, unable to complete the teleport stymied by some magical ward.

MM Note: Big update in 24hrs.

Enson will cast Interposing Ward on Rix and Shielding Ward on Wollipog. He will also equip his plasma splicer.

Edited by Duvors