Classic_Spaceman

Rumoured New In-House Theme Discussion

In order to keep from clogging up the Avatar thread, I am creating this one: 

On 3/4/2022 at 5:33 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Avatar sets are 75571-75574 and the other theme ranges from 77012-77015. There's no way they're the same theme :tongue:

On 3/5/2022 at 8:38 AM, Brick Clicker said:

The 7701x sets won't be a second wave for Avatar in April sadly as instead it's another new theme we'll find out about very soon!

On 3/5/2022 at 8:51 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

:excited:

Can you tell us if it's licensed or in-house? :classic:

On 3/6/2022 at 4:02 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Can you give any hints as to what this will be? Also, what is your source for this? 🤔

While Stranger Things is a small line, it is still an established theme; I assume that @Brick Clicker would not have worded their post as they did, if the sets were just a continuation of an existing (albeit small) theme. 

On 3/6/2022 at 4:17 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, he probably would have phrased it a bit differently. What else could it be though, if it‘s licensed (which I highly doubt at this point)? :wacko:

I hope we hear more soon

On 3/6/2022 at 9:58 AM, Brick Clicker said:

Sadly it isn't Stranger Things as far as I'm aware.

Looks to be an unlicensed thing which is pretty out there but I'm sure it won't be long at all till pics pop up...

On 3/6/2022 at 10:13 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thanks for confirming it :thumbup: Wonder what it could be then :classic: Perhaps something to celebrate the anniversary on top of the fan-voted set?

On 3/6/2022 at 10:33 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

What else do you know about this theme, aside from it being unlicensed? 
BTW, is “pretty out there” a hint? I am trying not to read too much into rumours! 

On 3/6/2022 at 12:01 PM, Robert8 said:

A new in-house theme debuting with only 4 sets sounds very strange

I mean, I do believe you, but this feels off...

On 3/6/2022 at 12:17 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Out there, as in "outer space"? :laugh_hard: Just joking, of course. We really shouldn't read too much into it :grin:

I'm expecting a small one-off theme to celebrate the anniversary

On 3/6/2022 at 12:44 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

If @Brick Clicker's wording is a hint, space was my first thought (that, or a very unusual theme such as VIDIYO). Also, agreed! 😬

On 3/6/2022 at 12:46 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

I mean, we have no prices or part counts. For all we know, this could be four $15 gimmick sets like vignettes or something :snicker:

On 3/6/2022 at 12:49 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe one for each of the 90th Anniversary themes? 🤔

23 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The only issue with this is that Bionicle would be difficult to represent in a single set. 😕

Perhaps @Brick Clicker could weigh in, so that speculation does not get out-of-hand? 

15 hours ago, TandNbricks said:

As Mr. Clicker said, it won't be long until we find out what it is (it's not Bionicle or Indy)

15 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Where did @Brick Clicker say that the theme would not be Bionicle? 

11 hours ago, TandNbricks said:

Apologies for the confusion on my post. This is what I was responding to for Bionicle. 

I do not believe it's for the 90th anniversary (bionicle or space, etc.)

Happy to get back to discussing Avatar ;)

11 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

It's not Bionicle sadly, the theme most likely has the four sets for April and then a Brickheadz. 

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This theme not involving Bionicle seemingly rules out a connection to the 90th Anniversary, but I find a new in-house theme launching with only four sets and a BrickHeadz to be rather odd. 🤔

3 hours ago, TandNbricks said:

Odd maybe 

Magical might be a better word

3 hours ago, latenightguy said:

Could it have something to do with LEGO Mythica?

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Do you know something? @Brick Clicker said that the theme was unlicensed, so that rules out a Secrets of Dumbledore line (also, if that were the case, the sets would probably have 764xx numbers, as HP and FB sets have been grouped together before). 

Interesting. . . 🤔
Mythica could work as a Mixels-style theme (considering the creature designs), but I am not sure where a BrickHeadz would fit in. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I just checked Instagram, and before posting this, @TandNbricks added a picture of Mythica to their IG story and tagged @Brick Clicker and @Falconfan1414. 🤔

Original in house themes are always appreciated - minidolls, minifigs, I don’t really care - just great to see Lego doing more unique themes.

If it's Mythica then it might be exclusive for legoland and lego store. 

Or what if it is a theme based on the world builder thing? From Tongal

Thanks for creating a new thread :thumbup:

Mythica, eh? This would explain why it’s an exclusive theme. Better late than never I guess :tongue: 

A Brickheadz set being part of it seems rather weird though. The creatures don’t really lend themselves to that format. Excited to see what they came up with :excited:

Everything is weird about this.

I hope it wont be another app thing

Only 4 sets for a new theme is weird, though we did see how well did lego represnt eternals in the 4 sets and the batman in 3 sets, I wonder if they consider to make smaller wave now and focus more on what's important. 

I also guess the era of impulse buy sets, cheap ones is over. 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Everything is weird about this.

I hope it wont be another app thing

Nah, I hope it’ snot another app thing….

1 hour ago, TurinTheGreat said:

I also guess the era of impulse buy sets, cheap ones is over. 

Do not jump to a conclusion yet.

I think the Mystica theme makes the most sense. Aren't there 4 sets and aren't there four thingies on the ride arch?

58 minutes ago, Maple said:

I think the Mystica theme makes the most sense. Aren't there 4 sets and aren't there four thingies on the ride arch?

Not sure what you mean?

The 70000 range is typically minifigure-based play themes, I think, but has been a mix of licensed and non-licensed in the past (including themes like Ninjago and Chima as well as ones like Star Wars). Four sets is a smallish number for a new non-licensed theme though—especially since the first wave of a theme tends to be larger than subsequent waves in many cases.

I seriously doubt the speculation about Mythica amounts to anything—as far as I'm aware Mythica is little more than a Legoland-specific themed area designed to replace the Chima areas at some of the parks.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

At LEGOLand there is a ride called Mythica. There is an archway leading to the ride that has three gems. I thought it was four which could have been one for each gem.

They represent the main characters, obviously based on 3 of the 4 classic elements.

Maximus the flying lion, Hydra the multi-headed water snake, and the albatross on fire. The only one missing is 'earth', which might be the unicorn that's always knocking about.

7 minutes ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

They represent the main characters, obviously based on 3 of the 4 classic elements.

Maximus the flying lion, Hydra the multi-headed water snake, and the albatross on fire. The only one missing is 'earth', which might be the unicorn that's always knocking about.

I've never been to LEGOLand so I have no clue, but those four things you listed would be great as for LEGO sets.

Are those rumors actually reliable, or is this another case of some random user posting fake rumors online only to admit lying and then request to be banned? That just recently happened, so I am a bit skeptical about any new rumors. 

Four sets and one Brickheadz doesn't exactly scream "New Original Theme" to me either. 

11 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Are those rumors actually reliable, or is this another case of some random user posting fake rumors online only to admit lying and then request to be banned? That just recently happened, so I am a bit skeptical about any new rumors. 

Four sets and one Brickheadz doesn't exactly scream "New Original Theme" to me either. 

The rumors of the sets and Brickheadz come from Brick Clicker, who is reliable. The fact that it’s Mythica is currently speculation based on comments and a Mythica poster posted by other reliable leakers here and on Instagram. 

2 hours ago, Natant16 said:

Are there any minifigure characters in Mythica?

To be honest, I sure hope but I don’t know if it’s minifigures or minidoll theme yet. 

Brick Clicker said it won’t be so long before we see the offical reveal. So I hope it’s this week…

48 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Brick Clicker said it won’t be so long before we see the offical reveal. So I hope it’s this week…

sounds great

17 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Given that it's releasing in April, it shouldn't be too long. Likely within this week or next week. 

Just now, NoOneOfImportance said:

Given that it's releasing in April, it shouldn't be too long. Likely within this week or next week. 

Yup

On 3/9/2022 at 8:38 AM, NoOneOfImportance said:

The rumors of the sets and Brickheadz come from Brick Clicker, who is reliable. The fact that it’s Mythica is currently speculation based on comments and a Mythica poster posted by other reliable leakers here and on Instagram. 

Plus it would explain why there are only four sets, just to sell as a tie in to the ride. The Brickhead throws me off because why bother?

18 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You know what I'm going to say.... Tomorrow. It's always tomorrow. :pir_tong2: