Captain Braunsfeld

The Return of the ... (Chapter 2)

Garmadon, Kai NRG and Captain Braunsfeld present:

640x274.png

Chapter 2:

(This is chapter 1 where we left last time)

Lucy was thinking hard: Where would the King go if he wants to hire a passage away from here?

640x498.jpg

Billy Shearington:  Eis Mosley's Cantina down at the harbour.  You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.  You must be cautious.

Lucy: I will be.

(Lucy leaves)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Cut to Eis Mosley's Cantina:

The tension on the poker table was at its peak when the Marquis cried out “My hand wins!”.
And indeed, he had won the day – and a large sum of money.
800x423.jpg

His royal flush had clearly beaten the full house.

800x575.jpg

In the midst of all the turmoil around the poker table no one had noticed a cloaked figure quietly entering the cantina – heading for one of the booths.

800x419.jpg

640x462.jpg

The cantina band was rushing headlong into another song, almost out of control. But admittedly they sounded a bit tired after having played last night at the opera
and having spent the previous day at the races.

640x716.jpg

(They went by the name “The King’s Wife” but were thinking about shortening their moniker as they felt a bit under pressure with that longer name and feared they might go gaga.
Maybe a kind of magic would provide them with a shorter name in a flash. At least they shared this one vision.).

And as the band played, no one could overhear the discussion taking place in the booth.

800x920.jpg

CC: Well, Mr. Smith? I am Captain Cookie. I am Captain of the Decennial Duck.
I understand you're looking for passage to the colonies?

Mr. Smith / the cloaked figure / well, ok, you guessed it: The King: Yes, indeed. If it's a fast ship.

CC:  Fast ship? You've never heard of the Decennial Duck?

The King: Should I have?

CC: It's the ship that makes cattle run in less than twelve seconds!

The King: What?

CC (to himself): Who on earth is writing these dialogs?

The King: (is unimpressed)

CC: I have outrun coast guard ships.

CC: What's the cargo?

The King: Only passengers. Myself, maybe a dog, and no questions asked.

CC: Okay. You got yourself a ship.
We'll leave as soon as you're ready. Docking bay Ninety-four.

Meanwhile somebody was trying to pay for his meal with a Gwuinee

640x480.jpg

… and a dark shady character was lurking in another booth.

640x480.jpg

Wait, didn't he look like that assassin?

(to be continued)

The story so far:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2 - you are here

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

And now a quick word about our sponsor:

This episode of "The Return of the ..." was brought to you by Captain Cookie's Pirate Training. Subscribe today and get a free hook!

(Thanks to @ArchitectureFan for the collaboration on the cantina build! :pir-sweet:)

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
Things I had forgotten

Great story and tavern! :pir-love:

I ask for a friend. :innocent2: Does the likeable and pretty Lucy have a boyfriend?

I like the decor and people in the tavern.

At the poker table, I recognize a nobleman from Olean who has "without cheating" won a pot. I like the face of the loser and the onlookers.

The music group is great! The singer is funny. Does he really sing that well, or did a guest "by mistake" kick him in the balls?

I like the guest who wants to pay with a Gwuinee.

There is even a sympathetic, honorable and handsome gentleman in the tavern. It's Captain Cookie, a simple and humble seaman who often finds doubloons and items.

Yes, a free hook! (I hate sponsor and advertising! That's why I subscribe under a different name. Advertising goes to @Ayrlego .) I'll come and pick up the ship personally.

Edited by NOD

1 hour ago, NOD said:

Great story and tavern! :pir-love:

I ask for a friend. :innocent2: Does the likeable and pretty Lucy have a boyfriend?

I like the decor and people in the tavern.

At the poker table, I recognize a nobleman from Olean who has "without cheating" won a pot. I like the face of the loser and the onlookers.

The music group is great! The singer is funny. Does he really sing that well, or did a guest "by mistake" kick him in the balls?

I like the guest who wants to pay with a Gwuinee.

There is even a sympathetic, honorable and handsome gentleman in the tavern. It's Captain Cookie, a simple and humble seaman who often finds doubloons and items.

Yes, a free hook! (I hate sponsor and advertising! That's why I subscribe under a different name. Advertising goes to @Ayrlego .) I'll come and pick up the ship personally.

Let's try to answer this one by one:

Thanks! :pir-sweet:

Don't know. She is becoming quite popular, it seems. 

Well, the Marquis certainly would not cheat by having an ace up his sleeve :pir-laugh: But maybe having four hands is helpful. 

I suppose the singer is able to sing well without external support.

:pir_laugh2:

I like that phrase and I am probably going to keep it. "a simple and humble seaman".

A hook is a ship?  I meant the thing you find when you google "pirate hook" :pir-laugh:

20 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

A hook is a ship?  I meant the thing you find when you google "pirate hook" :pir-laugh:

I searched "hook's ship" on google. :pir-grin:

Edited by NOD

Just by looking all that assortment of different figs/tavern patrons in the build, makes my day!

Love it! :pir-grin:  The busyness and activity in the cantina is great, and of course the Marquis would take home all the winnings.  The guy trying to pay with his Gwuinee is hilarious as well! :roflmao:

As for the story, can't wait to see what happens next!!!  It sounds exciting (anything with Captain Cookie in it always is, :grin: :excited:)

On 3/5/2022 at 11:40 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fake news! :laugh:

:iamded_lol: :roflmao:

On 3/7/2022 at 5:56 PM, Garmadon said:

Love it! :pir-grin:  The busyness and activity in the cantina is great, and of course the Marquis would take home all the winnings.  The guy trying to pay with his Gwuinee is hilarious as well! :roflmao:

As for the story, can't wait to see what happens next!!!  It sounds exciting (anything with Captain Cookie in it always is, :grin: :excited:)

:iamded_lol: :roflmao:

Thanks - just wait for the next part!

8 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

I have a bad feeling about this.

You got it! :pir_laugh2:

I wonder why there were no other Star Wars comments...

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

You got it! :pir_laugh2:

:pir-laugh:

I waited for time to read this a second time before I commented on it--you're doing a fantastic job with this story and I'm starting to get excited for my part! :pir-grin:  The cantina build has so much bustle going on and it's cool to see so much from previous stories popping up... even Gwuinees. :pir_tong2:

On 3/5/2022 at 5:43 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

CC: I have outrun coast guard ships.

:pir_laugh2:  I love this dry humor!! :pir-grin:

On 3/9/2022 at 4:59 PM, Kai NRG said:

I waited for time to read this a second time before I commented on it--you're doing a fantastic job with this story and I'm starting to get excited for my part! :pir-grin:  The cantina build has so much bustle going on and it's cool to see so much from previous stories popping up... even Gwuinees. :pir_tong2:

Thanks, I don't mind if you read the story several times. Did you discover all the Queen-references? :pir-grin:

On 3/9/2022 at 4:59 PM, Kai NRG said:

:pir_laugh2:  I love this dry humor!! :pir-grin:

Captain Braunsfeld (is unimpressed)

:pir-laugh: :pir_laugh2: :pir-huzzah2:

On 3/6/2022 at 9:17 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Just by looking all that assortment of different figs/tavern patrons in the build, makes my day!

Thanks. These cantinas seem to attract a strange crowd... 

23 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Thanks, I don't mind if you read the story several times. Did you discover all the Queen-references? :pir-grin:

On 3/9/2022 at 12:59 PM, Kai NRG said:

Queen??  Oh, was that what The King's Wife referred to... :pir-laugh:  No, I didn't get them... I still don't, I assume it's some band or music group but I've never heard of them. :pir-look: :pir_tong2:

On 3/8/2022 at 8:36 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Maybe because it's too obvious? :pir-tongue:

Great build and funny story!

8 hours ago, Darnok said:

Maybe because it's too obvious? :pir-tongue:

Great build and funny story!

Well, the possibility of successfully finding all the references in my posts is approximately 3,720 to 1. :pir-grin:

9 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Queen??  Oh, was that what The King's Wife referred to... :pir-laugh:  No, I didn't get them... I still don't, I assume it's some band or music group but I've never heard of them. :pir-look: :pir_tong2:

I have the slight suspicion that the musical references I am using are too old! Queen was a huge British rock band of the 1970s and 1980s.