evancelt

[MOC] About Face!

"About Face!"

A study on coattails.

Stickers, UV printing, and cloth provide different effects.

coattails-front.jpg

coattails-side.jpg

coattails-back.jpg

Interesting study. I like the guy with glasses and the back printing along with the one with the ponytail and the cloth tailcoat. Those two seem the best to me. Not a fan of the printing on the legs of the guy in the middle, and I'm not sure about the extra long stick on the fourth guy. The first seems rather bland on the back side.

1 hour ago, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting study. I like the guy with glasses and the back printing along with the one with the ponytail and the cloth tailcoat. Those two seem the best to me. Not a fan of the printing on the legs of the guy in the middle, and I'm not sure about the extra long stick on the fourth guy. The first seems rather bland on the back side.

I agree that second from left (sticker on back of classic torso) and far right (cloth coattails) are best in my opinion too! I think any of my big army posts would feature that second from the left variation, and smaller builds might feature the version with cloth coattails (I only have 6 of the cloth pieces!)

That's a nice and interesting comparison. I like the third and fourth from the left best. I like it when the uniform jacket is also visible on the legs. This makes it more realistic. I like them both from the front as well. The uniforms are more elaborate and detailed.

22 hours ago, evancelt said:

Stickers, UV printing

So what's sticker and what's UV printed here?

18 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

So what's sticker and what's UV printed here?

The stickers are on the back of 2nd from left and back/front of 4th from left.

UV printed is the middle one (KTownBricks)

On 3/4/2022 at 3:47 PM, evancelt said:

and far right (cloth coattails) are best

That would be my choice also, looks great, but then again, they all look great.

1st, classic Redcoat, OK in my book

2nd, (stickered), OKish although I detest stickers (I much prefer the similar back and front printed "new (2009's) Redcoat" which is conspiciously missing at the photoshooting btw :pir_tong2:)

3rd and 4th, (UV printed), too printed/overprinted for my taste (almost like knock-off minifigs) plus they usually charge a ton of money for them.

5th, cloth on classic Redcoat, is great but too time consuming to make in bulk (although I cannot be objective as I have a special love with anything cloth/leather/fur-like upon minifigs - I have already made these and these cloth pieces for my dear friend @Mpyromaxos)

Off topic but I really, really like the 3rd party muskets as well! :pir-grin: 

Edited by blackdeathgr

8 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

1st, classic Redcoat, OK in my book

2nd, (stickered), OKish although I detest stickers (I mych prefer the similar back and front printed "new (2009's) Redcoat")

3rd and 4th, (UV printed), too printed/overprinted for my taste.

5th, cloth on classic Redcoat, is great but too time consuming (although I cannot be objective as I have a special love with anything cloth/leather/fur-like upon minifigs - I have already made these and these cloth pieces for my dear friend @Mpyromaxos)

Off topic but I really really like the muskets as well! :pir-grin: 

Thanks! #4 is actually stickered as well! (only #3 is UV printed)

#2 is my go-to configuration at the moment for any sizable army, but I may move to #5. BrickGuild Toys ( @quiriacus ) made the cloth coattail piece.

The muskets are from BrickArms. I like them a lot too!

Also, great cloth pieces in those MOCs! Nice work

On 3/6/2022 at 8:28 AM, evancelt said:

The stickers are on the back of 2nd from left and back/front of 4th from left.

UV printed is the middle one (KTownBricks)

It's all so seamless! :pir-oh3:

Hi All,

I need say all look “fabulous” but the front of 3rd and 4th are the best. Love the “gold ring” on the “sleeve” of the 4th one. 
Can I have personal question please @evancelt

Where and how I can get them myself ? 🙈

Like the muskets as well ( interest in them too )

Thanks for any info :)  

5 hours ago, ElScoorpio said:

Hi All,

I need say all look “fabulous” but the front of 3rd and 4th are the best. Love the “gold ring” on the “sleeve” of the 4th one. 
Can I have personal question please @evancelt

Where and how I can get them myself ? 🙈

Like the muskets as well ( interest in them too )

Thanks for any info :)  

Hi @ElScoorpio -

#3 is UV-printed from KTown Bricks and #4 is stickers from Saber Scorpion.

Not sure the KTownBrick ones are still for sale, but I have two I'd sell if you are interested. Also have some of the #4's I'd sell (6? 4 in blue accents and 2 in yellow/gold accents). Send me a PM if interested.

The muskets are 'Brickarms Reloaded Flintlock Muskets'.

Also, in this other thread I used official TLG arms to achieve some arm cuffs / rings:

14 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Hi @ElScoorpio -

#3 is UV-printed from KTown Bricks and #4 is stickers from Saber Scorpion.

Not sure the KTownBrick ones are still for sale, but I have two I'd sell if you are interested. Also have some of the #4's I'd sell (6? 4 in blue accents and 2 in yellow/gold accents). Send me a PM if interested.

The muskets are 'Brickarms Reloaded Flintlock Muskets'.

Also, in this other thread I used official TLG arms to achieve some arm cuffs / rings:

Hello, I will be interest to “buy them” , will be happy to send you PM but for some “no know issue” I can’t send any PM.

Can you please try PM me and maybe I will be able to answer you back.

Thanks anyway