Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted anything here. Had other priorities for a while, but eventually found time for the Lego hobby again.
It was about time to step out of my comfort zone a little more and build another ship than just steam tugs. I went looking and found an old coaster
from 1962 built for the shipping company Wagenborg in Delfzijl (Netherlands).

The Noordborg is the last existing coaster of its kind and is no longer in use today. The ship is 49 meters long and 8 meters wide, making it a mid-range coaster.
I have built the Noordborg in the scale 1:40 for me the most pleasant scale. I also love minifigs, so that's a good excuse and in this scale you can add a lot of  details.

The ship is 1.25 meters long and consists of more than 26000 parts. There are still a few stickers to be ordered for the finishing touch, but I already tried to shoot some pictures.
I will give a short impression of the model here.

Happy building.

_DSC0561 (2)_DSC0568_DSC0562_DSC0563_DSC0570_DSC0565_DSC0564_DSC0572_DSC0566_DSC0567 (2)

Impressive.

In first picture already may attention caught some part, just later realized, that it is just helmet. Interesting use.

Amazing! Thanks for sharing! These huge Lego ships are my favourite scale models. Always am amazed about the talent on Eurobricks …

That is one smooth hull Jebbo! But it's a crazy thing to build a Lego model that's 1.25 m long...

Totally cool! :pir-stareyes:

I love your crazy construction techniques: the propeller, the rails, the ropes and the shrouds!:wub_drool:
This construction took a lot of patience but the final result is excellent :pir-huzzah2:

The use of helmets is the icing on the cake! :thumbup:

Many thanks for all of the kind words. I'm really happy the Noordborg is so appreciated, it was a great project and I'm really happy it works out.

Up to a new model, but I still have to figure out what kind of ship it will be.

So impressive!

The level of detail here is godly. The pirate hooks for the rail connection made me smile :D

On 3/9/2022 at 5:14 PM, sandtrooper said:

The model is excellent! What type of thread do you use for the rigging? Thank you. 

Hi Sandtrooper,

Thanks for your kind words. I use some thread from the hobby shop where you can buy plastic kits and more. Its a little stretchy and the core is provided with nylon. I can make a picture tomorrow if you want? Unfortunately there is not much information on the packaging, I will take a look in the hobby shop to find out what kind of thread it is. For me it works fine because the stretch in the wire makes it easier to make the rigging. The original thread from Lego doesn't work so well, its to thin and not available in long lengths.

Wat een pracht schip , zou je de bouw beschrijving ( moc ) ook willen delen tegen een vergoeding ? Zou hem graag bouwen 

53 minutes ago, Loeks said:

Wat een pracht schip , zou je de bouw beschrijving ( moc ) ook willen delen tegen een vergoeding ? Zou hem graag bouwen 

Hi there. We speak English on this forum, just a heads-up.

23 hours ago, Loeks said:

Beautiful ship! Can you share the build instruction for a fee? I would love to build it too.

11 minutes ago, emielroumen said:

Beautiful ship! Can you share the build instruction for a fee? I would love to build it too.

I know. I ran it through a translator. :laugh:

@Loeks: it would probably be a better idea to send the builder a personal message rather than reviving a nearly two-year-old topic.

Personally I think that asking for instructions of a 26000 part model is kind of strange.

And does anyone realize how much time it would take to make them?

A day? A month? Or maybe a year?

Then how much would anyone pay for that?

Why do a lot people think there’s any kind on instructions of every model? This vessel is an one of a kind masterpiece. I’ve seen it last year at a small LEGO event. Really a great job! We have a couple of excellent ship builders in The Netherlands.