Rove the surface of Mars in the luxurious Mono Jet 2.0! This new and improved version of the Mono Jet that was used during the Lego Space Federation's first manned mission to Mars is over twice as big as the original and ten times more powerful! Get yours at your local rover dealership today!

This is my contribution to this year's Febrovery and a remake of the vintage Life on Mars set. It was the only LoM set I ever got, but I liked it so much that I got two of it.

51912992879_7fd69f795e_z.jpg

On the back I added a ladder for the driver to enter/exit the vehicle. Also, note that I even used the updated version of the control panel tile.

51912992839_979b610d69_z.jpg

The engine's turbine can spin and the radar dish can be aimed up.

51912770823_1ee1e5b62e_z.jpg

The wheel's diameter was increased from 5 studs to 10 and that of the engine from 3 to 6 while keeping the same overall look.

51912770853_a988dab962_z.jpg

The whole vehicle is balanced and can be rolled around just like the original.

51911709852_307d8eb84e_z.jpg

The driver's side is now a lot more spacious and has more details such as a windscreen, a spotlight, and extra controls.

51912992824_3d3f07e547_z.jpg

I expanded on the original greebles with small parts and stickers.

51913292320_e7be83d4c0_z.jpg

Thanks for reading. :alien: Did you have this set? What do you think of this remake?

Dude, this is awesome! You took an old space vehicle that was kinda, well, forgettable IMO, and made it amazing!

This is the kinda Space set I wish Lego would make.

Great work redesigning the old set. You can see the resemblance as it scales up. Balancing it must have been interesting.

Thanks everyone!

On 3/2/2022 at 6:00 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Great work redesigning the old set. You can see the resemblance as it scales up. Balancing it must have been interesting.

Yes, that was the biggest challenge in designing this. To be honest, it's still a bit heavier on the engine side, perhaps because I scaled up the driver side only by about 50% rather than 100%, but it still stands fine.