Feuer Zug

[GBW] G07 – PDSRE – Hardened Aircraft Shelter

The main airport outside the capital is eerily quiet. Since the government dissolved, few flights have been coming or going. As the PSDRE security team explores the site, they notice the abandoned military section. Four hardened aircraft shelters are sealed up.

51907990788_f3d5c2de9c_c.jpg

Private Litvin announces he found one with an unlocked rear door.

51906928112_c379e7bdf5_c.jpg

The team stacks up for entry.

51908218324_1c555ab9c8_c.jpg

The team found the main blast door controls and got them opened. Inside is a brand new West Steinovania attack aircraft. “Get the major,” Master Sergeant Miskin says.

51908522545_64fed801d9_c.jpg

Investigating the find, Major Brickinov is impressed. The WSAC Ag-24 is far more modern than the PSDRE aircraft he was used to flying. Flicking up the battery switch, he determines the Ag-24 is fully fueled and armed. While he checks out the aircraft, the security team broke into the other three HAS and found a prepped Ag-24 in each as well. “We need to ferry this home, so our analysts can learn everything about the modern technology in it. This is a glorious day!”

51908218454_b4b338f7f9_c.jpg

@TheBeeze Thanks. I use my Samsung A51 and a blank white poster piece from Hobby Lobby as the backdrop. I have good lighting in the garage with an LED shop light, so I do my pictures on the floor there. That's why you see concrete in places. I crop it in Windows Photo. Really high tech, I know, but I get them to come out well enough for my purposes.

nice moc m8 

the roadplates rock !!!

Might wanna make a flickr account cause the photos look poor :(

15 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

WOW what a bunker :thumbup: Very versatile those new roadplates, maybe I'll get some

Grazie. Building the bunker was interesting.

6 hours ago, SATSOK said:

nice moc m8 

the roadplates rock !!!

Might wanna make a flickr account cause the photos look poor :(

Thanks. The photos are uploaded to Flickr. If you're attacking my photo skills, you're not going to get an argument. I don't have real light box setup or any of that stuff. When able, I try to use natural light, but in winter, that's not always a good option, hence the garage setup. I am open to suggestions on how to improve.

6 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

So you CAN use these roadplates for just about everything :pir-thumb:

Thanks. Yes, the new roadplates are quite versatile. I see them as big 16x16 tiles with options. If you want to add scenery, pop in a few plates. For the price, they're hard to beat for modularity. Hmm, if they made roadplates in reddish-brown and it wasn't a modern theme, maybe the deck of a World War II flattop for my next build. Oooh, or a amphibious assault ship. Another place for the roadplates to shine.

17 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Thanks. The photos are uploaded to Flickr. If you're attacking my photo skills, you're not going to get an argument. I don't have real light box setup or any of that stuff. When able, I try to use natural light, but in winter, that's not always a good option, hence the garage setup. I am open to suggestions on how to improve.

I know how it is. From 2017 when I begun to participate in Great Brick War and for a couple of years, I had the same problem. After that, I builded my first "studio" ...

47472970561_a5ef963f5c_c.jpg

...after that I upgraded it with a large piece of black car interior fabric (it is a bit thick as it consists of a thin layer of foam) and recenlty I bought a large lightbox (about 2x2 ft) for the needs of store photoshooting. The next step is to combine both the fabric, the lights and the lightbox so to be easy to take pictures from a single minifigure to a large MOC

Edited by paintballman

Ok. Now I see what's required for getting better photos indoors. Lots of light and a good amount of space. The lights I can get. Space, that'll be the fun part.

You don't necessarily need anything crazy elaborate. Lighting does go a long way for sure. You may want to just do the editing on your phone (this is what I do) and go straight to flickr from there. I use a combination of apps depending on what I'm doing but Snapseed is definitely the most robust and it's free. You have some really great photo people here who can help you out between @paintballman and @SATSOK so be sure to take advantage of it. 

As an aside, I actually have something similar coming along right now with hangars/bunkers with road plates. You beat me to it haha. I got a whole box of them.