Sign in to follow this  
Alex Ilea

[MOC] BMW M8 Competition (new photos)

Hello everyone!

I am really excited to present you my new MOC, a replica of the BMW M8 Competition in 1:10 scale (just about). I was always a fan of this car since for me this is one of the best looking and performing BMWs ever.

800x600.JPG

I have to credit @Jeroen Ottens for the brilliant use of the hero factory claw element used for the grille, which I saw in his BMW, element: 92220.t1.png

The model has the typical supercar features:

-double wishbone suspension all around

-working fake engine (v8 in this case)

-working steering wheel
-opening of the doors, hood and trunk

800x600.JPG

Eagle eyes have all ready spotted the Hofmeister-Knick :wink:

I always wanted to make a black body car and this was the best opportunity as the car looks great in real life in this color. Color swap should be possible with ease in red and white all though it may need extra small modifications

800x600.JPG

I feel the headlights and the tail lights were the biggest challenge for me when designing this car, as they are so specific in the look the provide.

The model is remote controlled but it the motors are not part of the chassis so the car be built without them. There are 2 L motors for driving, 1 servo for steering, 1 buwizz and 3 pairs of LEDs to get that bright night vision (you can se the lights on at night in the vid).

Also the interior is really important part of any car. Here I tried to replicate it in the best way I could at this scale from the seats, to the air vents, to the M buttons on the steering wheel.

800x450.JPG

800x450.JPG

There is no rear bench as all of the electronics are located in that area.

For a lot more photos you can visit this link:  https://bricksafe.com/pages/ILEAALEX/bmw-m8-competition

Here is the video on youtube: 

Also there is the building instruction available on rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-103353/Alex Ilea/bmw-m8-competition/#details

Thank you for watching!

Edited by IA creations

I love this BMW too. Great job on your interpretaton and especially the AWD performance :thumbup:!

7 hours ago, suffocation said:

Wow! :pir-love:  The details are so spot-on that I almost took the first pic for a die-cast.

Glad you like it!

6 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

I love this BMW too. Great job on your interpretaton and especially the AWD performance :thumbup:!

Thank you Bruno 🙏!

5 hours ago, Tidl said:

Very beautiful moc. Well done!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, LvdH said:

Awesome moc. Those lights are fantastic.

Thank you! They took quite some time to design and to get right.

4 hours ago, astyanax said:

+100 points for being able to lift it by the roof :pir-grin:

I try to make it a staple in my MOCs, they are toys after all :wink:

As I have said on the Lego Technic FB group this looks very very close to the real one. I love how the white panel is used inside the door frame.

800x450.jpg

You did an amazing job. Keep up the good work 👍

Edited by thekoRngear

Well done! It looks really great, nice job with panelling and also good us eof the wheel covers. Does it have a gearbox?

The lights and grille are very well made, and the car looks good overall. Well done!

Ps: I had to laugh because I got a BMW ad right under this post :laugh_hard:

12 hours ago, FriedlS said:

Absolutely fantastic work! 👍😊

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Well done! It looks really great, nice job with panelling and also good us eof the wheel covers. Does it have a gearbox?

Thanks Jerry! No, it’s just direct drive, I wanted an RC car with this build, my next car will have some insane gearbox action :sweet:

9 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

The lights and grille are very well made, and the car looks good overall. Well done!

Ps: I had to laugh because I got a BMW ad right under this post :laugh_hard:

Those ellements give any car it’s personality, I am really glad you like them!

7 hours ago, Milan said:

Frontpaged.

What an honour :blush: Thank you!

19 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Great job getting those curves so perfect. Congratulations on the front page. 

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

Looks so real, even added the disfunctional turn signals!

Thank you! I think you mean the M buttons on the steering wheel. It would have been cool to have turn lights.

6 hours ago, IA creations said:

Thank you! I think you mean the M buttons on the steering wheel. It would have been cool to have turn lights.

I mean that the orange turn signals are not working when you made turns. Just like most of the real models, they don't work when going left or right.

Very nice MOC! This is the best-looking BMW I've ever seen - and it's RC. Excellent demonstration that 1:8 scale is not required to have great features.

10 hours ago, lmdesigner42 said:

Very nice MOC! This is the best-looking BMW I've ever seen - and it's RC. Excellent demonstration that 1:8 scale is not required to have great features.

I’m glad you like it! I really like 1:10 scale, but 1:8 is also really fun. I’m building a 1:8 right now, and it presents some nice challenges.

9 hours ago, Celeri said:

Excellent design and impressive performance: bravo!

9 hours ago, Actionfigure said:

Wow, so cool! It looks great and I love the funktions!

Thank you!