Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[OL - FB] Friendly Fire in Neustadt

In Neustadt, a disembarking unit of the Block Watch makes the mistake of running headfirst into a patrol of Légionnaires Etrangeres, comprised entirely of highlander rebels. If there's one thing a man in tartan hates more than anything, it's another man in tartan who was on the wrong side of history. 

Friendly fire in El Oleonda

The local Jaegers are helpless to break up the scuffle, and even a well-intentioned piper from the Crahash Na Triuri is unable to help the warring musicians see sense. 

Just a freebuild for the fun of it. Unlicensed, so free to whoever is running that settlement. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

Love the shape of this! Awesome composition and great expressions on their faces

The whole build looks great. I like the architectural style of the building with the different arches and angles. The people's uniforms and clothes are also very nice.

1 hour ago, Spud The Viking said:

a Scotsman's worst enemy is another Scotsman

I figure it's a lot like those Thanksgiving dinners with close relatives who have very different political opinions. 

Hilarious story but historically accurate, as they were Scottish volunteers serving under the crown of France in 18th century. Nice facade.

Everything about this is great. It's brimming with life! Like I said on Flickr: you nailed all of the different expressions and postures. Even without the story, the build perfectly conveys what is going on.

@LM71Blackbird Thanks!

@Khorne it's really frustrating actually. I spent ages on my Legacy build, and it didn't really pick up traction. I threw this one together in a few hours, got just the right light to shoot it, and it has been doing really well!

On 3/1/2022 at 10:14 AM, Ross Fisher said:

@Khorne it's really frustrating actually. I spent ages on my Legacy build, and it didn't really pick up traction. I threw this one together in a few hours, got just the right light to shoot it, and it has been doing really well!

I liked the Legacy build as well. There's plenty of interesting build techniques and a smooth general style there. I think this build connects easier with an audience? It's very easy to understand what is going on, because of the "simplicity" of the scene and like I said: the excellent choice of expressions and poses. There's something "human" about it. The other one is mythical and because of the usage of white figures, you're limited in terms of expressions (which is also a nice creative challenge on the other hand). That's what I think makes it harder for the other to gain traction, at first glance. You need to read the story to fully understand what is going on. Which tends to put some people off, I guess.

Anyway, just throwing in my 2 cents. Like I said: I like both builds in their own way and I'm definitely am curious to see your continuation of the Legacy saga :thumbup:.

:pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub: That posing is epic, especially the guy holding his musket from the barrel, upside down! :pir-laugh: :pir-laugh: 

Oh, great roof too!

Edited by blackdeathgr

11 hours ago, evancelt said:

The weiner dog doesn't know what's happening!

I know! Daschunds are designed for hunting badgers, not breaking up riots!

Thanks for the frontpage. Much appreciated!

6 hours ago, ignacio2723 said:

From what figs are the green tartan legs tho?

The Batman CMF set. Tartan Batman has great legs. 

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

The Batman CMF set. Tartan Batman has great legs. 

Yeah those are great legs! I used those for the recent Altonia build, both stock and partially stripped.

11 hours ago, evancelt said:

partially stripped

Not sure I can forgive that. I agree that they work really well,but stripping that tartan off? That's a sin. 

8 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Would you be a dear and show us how you made that roof?

It's just tiles lightly pressed into the plate beneath. Nothing fancy. But it is a little flimsy. You can just brush it and half the tiles will fall off. Some of these weren't even connected for the shot. Just lying on top.