evancelt

[COR-FotL-Cat1A]] Viceroy's Horse Archers and Personal Guard

Zhu Shizhen, the new Lotii Viceroy for the island of Jīnzi (El Oleonda), brought seasoned horse archers with him when he traveled to the New Haven Sea.

The result of centuries old traditions in ranged cavalry, the archers are expert marksmen on horseback as well as swordsmen on the ground when the need arises. They decorate their large sable fur hats with golden flames to make their enemies think they have angered demons.

While the Viceroy's personal guard use modern flintlock firearms not unlike those of Madrician line infantry, the archers take pride in being able to loose twice as many arrows per minute as the fastest of musketmen can fire their weapon.

lotii-figs.jpg

-------------

OOC: My entry for the Flower of the Lotus - Category 1A challenge. @Ayrlego and I put together a series of little Lotii vignettes last fall using Korean minifigs - was fun to rethink the Lotii using "purist" parts.

You made soldiers with new and good ideas. :pir-huzzah2:I like that!

I'm asking for a friend, "Did the Lotii invent the wheel?" :pir_laugh2: 

7 hours ago, evancelt said:

the archers take pride in being able to loose twice as many arrows per minute as the fastest of musketmen.

At first I read this as "lose twice as man arrows" and thought it was hilarious. :pir-laugh:

Tire headgear works surprisingly well, and I love that use of Sensei Wu's torso on the staff!

Here are a bunch of Lotii soldiers well put together. I like their headgear, the wheels work quite well to be honest, they look like those fur hats wore by the nomad riders, the colonial hats have certain ressemblance to Ming helmets as well.

Interesting and clever parts usage throughout! The use of the big tires as fur hats is inventive and I like how you added the quiver to the side of the cavalryman, instead of on his back. Good stuff!

What are the torsos you've used for the riders? Something from Nexo Knights?

On 2/25/2022 at 11:33 PM, NOD said:

You made soldiers with new and good ideas. :pir-huzzah2:I like that!

I'm asking for a friend, "Did the Lotii invent the wheel?" :pir_laugh2: 

Could be! Corlander scholars have theories, but the truth is lost to the sands of time!

On 2/26/2022 at 12:23 AM, Ross Fisher said:

It's a great figbarf, but there's one small nitpick; you've got to fill in those horses' spines. They don't look right!

Haha in the empty saddles? :pir-grin:

On 2/26/2022 at 6:07 AM, Kai NRG said:

At first I read this as "lose twice as man arrows" and thought it was hilarious. :pir-laugh:

Tire headgear works surprisingly well, and I love that use of Sensei Wu's torso on the staff!

Haha yeah that's an awkward sentence. I'll update it in the OP

Wu's symbol is a lotus, right?! Seems fitting for the Lotii

On 2/26/2022 at 7:09 AM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Those hats are great! Very nice group of toughs!

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Great minifigs!

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Bodi said:

Here are a bunch of Lotii soldiers well put together. I like their headgear, the wheels work quite well to be honest, they look like those fur hats wore by the nomad riders, the colonial hats have certain ressemblance to Ming helmets as well.

Thanks! Yeah I got the idea for the wheels when I recently got an animal rescue ATV set for free... was trying to think how the wheels could fit into historical builds

7 hours ago, Khorne said:

Interesting and clever parts usage throughout! The use of the big tires as fur hats is inventive and I like how you added the quiver to the side of the cavalryman, instead of on his back. Good stuff!

What are the torsos you've used for the riders? Something from Nexo Knights?

Thanks @Khorne! The rider torsos are from the Vidiyo red dragon fig. I'm working on stripping their arms for use on redcoats (see here), but figured the torsos looked interesting too - mixed with some plain dark red arms from SW torsos

1 hour ago, evancelt said:
On 2/26/2022 at 7:23 AM, Ross Fisher said:

you've got to fill in those horses' spines. They don't look right!

Haha in the empty saddles? 

Yeah, it's a common error. 

1 minute ago, Ross Fisher said:

Yeah, it's a common error. 

Yes I suppose that should be reddish brown. Thanks! As is I'm not sure it looks especially "hollow" but it does look white, which would be weird for a brown saddle!