Olivesaxer

[DIGITAL] HMS Northstar II

image.png

Hello,

This is my first posting within this forum.  You all are quite inspirational and are a fantastic resource.

Many of you may have seen my original MOC ship a few days ago on the facebook group.  I have since updated it (based around a bunch of really valid critiques).  Here is the North Star 2.

It is roughly 45 inches long and 40 inches tall.  There are 56 cannons.  All of the interiors are built out and can be separated like the modular buildings, including the 2-story cabin. 

Some things I am still working on - I have widened the bottom deck by 4 studs giving it a much more substantial base (20 studs).  The problem that this is creating is my mid deck bow (Just below the hydra) is a single piece today, so I will need to "brick-build" that bow section.  Any advice for a 20-stud-wide brick built bow would be amazing.  I am stuck.

Hope you like my boat!

-Patrick

51898813652_435f0f7aaf.jpgNorth Star by Patrick Steinkuhl

51900097459_996c972d21.jpgNorth Star_3 by Patrick Steinkuhl

51900097554_29d41c7aab.jpgNorth Star_2 by Patrick Steinkuhl

51899859438_07cfb3b1b7.jpgNorth Star_4 by Patrick Steinkuhl

17 hours ago, Olivesaxer said:

This is my first posting within this forum.  You all are quite inspirational and are a fantastic resource.

Welcome to the LEGO Pirates Forum!

I've added a larger image to your first post.

Quite the build. It's massive, yet still fully detailed. That bowsprit is vile. Not something I'd expect the blue coats to have.

1 hour ago, Feuer Zug said:

Quite the build. It's massive, yet still fully detailed. That bowsprit is vile. Not something I'd expect the blue coats to have.

Thanks - I love the bowsprit, but was on the fence about including it on this design.  In the end, decided to include it to strike fear in the hearts of those who engage in high seas piracy.

14 minutes ago, Olivesaxer said:

Thanks - I love the bowsprit, but was on the fence about including it on this design.  In the end, decided to include it to strike fear in the hearts of those who engage in high seas piracy. 

Are there any close-up renders so we can see the details more clearly?

8 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Are there any close-up renders so we can see the details more clearly?

I can get closeups of most of the stuff in this build just let me know what you want to see - but at this stage, probably should wait until after the ship-widening is complete.  Stay tuned for HMS North Star 3.  

Until then, here's the bowsprit:

51902850275_afa89b1727_c.jpg

5 hours ago, Olivesaxer said:

can get closeups of most of the stuff in this build just let me know what you want to see

Pretty much anywhere there is detail!

So stern, deck, sails, broadsides, gundecks, etc.