Zilmrud

The journey of Parzival - The Goat-Farmer (Chapter II, part III)

The journey of Parzival
Chapter II, part III 
The Goat-farmer

Previous Chapter -  Chapter II, Part II - The Dream

51815117480_55b55990fa_c.jpghapter 

They walked on north in the desert to get to the Akbri River. The walked away from  trails and such so they could keep hidden. Crow had noticed spies on the trails in the area. Some of them with the "eye of maruu" sign. So they had to lay low and avoid people.

51814398686_04e7f9e351.jpg

Z walked closer to Pointy to have a talk.

50989786528_20cea48d25_s.jpg -" I'm glad we all made it out from that alive" Z said

50989786558_f00d6b0f1b_s.jpg -" Me too! Was it all luck? Because it felt like all of us had some kind of combat training or such. It feels so strange with this fuzzy feeling in my head. It's like the head is full of cotton. I can sometimes get pictures in my head that are reminiscent of memory pictures. But they are so fragmentary that it's hard to tell if it's fantasy or not.

50989786528_20cea48d25_s.jpg -" I really know the feeling. But the strange thing was that I had a fairly convincing dream right before the attack. It was like a memory from my youth. I was hunting with some others, and they called me lord. And just as I was going to shoot my bow there was a bright and colourful bird right in front of me. It warned me about the attack. And when I woke up Crow was talking to me. So strange.`` 

50989786558_f00d6b0f1b_s.jpg "- So was Crow interrupting the dream?"

50989786528_20cea48d25_s.jpg "- Well… it kind of felt like that" Z said as he shrugged. The surroundings were a lush forest, and it felt like home. Maybe Tabib was right. My home is to the north in Avalonia. It feels right somehow. 

50989786558_f00d6b0f1b_s.jpg "- When you say it like that, I feel the same. This warm and bare landscape does not feel like home at all. I feel kind of naked under the sun. A forest with big trees feels more at home.

50893699158_9ba2ef0c1f_c.jpg (A MOC done by Andreas Lenander (Adde51) with my figs)

A bit from the main road was a small white house with green domes on top. A few goats were grazing around the house of the meager vegetation.

50990598072_f439e34eaa_s.jpg -" We should stop here and ask for directions." Hooves said.

50989786558_f00d6b0f1b_s.jpg -" That's a great idea. But everyone must be alert as we do not know if the residents of the house are friendly." Pointy said.

Hammer walked to the house and knocked at the wall beside the entrance. A man with black clothes and a brusque appearance came out of the house with a pitchfork in his hands. He seemed ready for anything.

51896166482_ba02574d1a_s.jpg -" What do you want?" He asked.

50989786528_20cea48d25_s.jpg -" I'm sorry if we disturb you in the middle of the day when the sun is at its highest. We want nothing more than a little advice on which path to take. We are on our way to the Akbri river. But we do not know the best path there." Z said as gently as he could

51896166482_ba02574d1a_s.jpg -" I'm sorry about my rough approach. But there have been so many strange people and creatures around lately. You don't know what you'll find at your door. I'll help you with some advice. But I'm sorry that I can't help with water or supply. It is the dry season so I barely have enough for myself and my goats. 
Akbri river is quite close actually. Only a half day's walk to the north. There is a small village by the river there. If you keep walking you'll be there before dark. They have water there.

50989786528_20cea48d25_s.jpg -" We are really thankful for your help. We don't have anything to give you for your help.

51896166482_ba02574d1a_s.jpg -" It's alright. But be sure to get there before the sun goes down. There are many bands of thieves and evil forces that thrive in the dark around here. Take care!" The man said and walked into his house again. 

50989786528_20cea48d25_s.jpg -" Thanks for the help." Z said.

The crew started to walk to the north, eager to get to the river before dark.

Spoiler

The house MOC (Stealing the Map) is a build done by Andreas Lenander aka Adde51. He used my figs to take a new photo awhile ago as a part of this story =)

Edited by Zilmrud

Great sequel story! :pir-huzzah2: Everything is told in an interesting, exciting way and with great photos. I enjoyed reading the whole story from the beginning and am looking forward to a sequel. I like the diorama in the desert and the one of the house.

That cracked desert floor on top has me super impressed--very cool how you sank the dark tan lower than the rest of it!  That really turns what might otherwise be a pretty ordinary bit landscape and makes it look epic.

The stone ground design looks really cool! But are the bricks fixed someow or will they just fall out if you flip it around? 

On 2/23/2022 at 1:54 PM, NOD said:

Great sequel story! :pir-huzzah2: Everything is told in an interesting, exciting way and with great photos. I enjoyed reading the whole story from the beginning and am looking forward to a sequel. I like the diorama in the desert and the one of the house.

Thanks alot! I hope I can keep it interesting. I'm really glad that you took the time to read it all! :laugh::thumbup:I think I'm about 1/10 of the story so far. I have many ideas for builds :grin:

45 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

That cracked desert floor on top has me super impressed--very cool how you sank the dark tan lower than the rest of it!  That really turns what might otherwise be a pretty ordinary bit landscape and makes it look epic.

Thanks. It was really hard to keep calm when I built the ground. I hade wedge plates on the high parts. In the border between Tan and dark tan the pieces wanted to pop up. I'm glad you liked it

19 hours ago, Zilmrud said:

It was really hard to keep calm when I built the ground.

:laugh:  I know the feeling!

I really like those windows. I have two of those printed pieces too, but the addition of slopes underneath adds a little extra. I guess this is feedback for Andreas! 😁

Edited by Eyrezer

On 3/16/2022 at 10:55 PM, LordDan said:

The cracked desert floor looks great!

11 hours ago, Eyrezer said:

I really like those windows. I have two of those printer pieces too, but the addition of slopes underneath adds a little extra. I guess this is feedback for Andreas! 😁

Yes. It's @adde51 's build. Really nice part.

You have an amazing story. I read it from chapter one to here in one go. Exciting and enjoyable to read.
And along the way you deliver amazing MOCs. I am inspired to create my own sigfig and start a build journey after reading your posts.

7 hours ago, MrLind said:

You have an amazing story. I read it from chapter one to here in one go. Exciting and enjoyable to read.
And along the way you deliver amazing MOCs. I am inspired to create my own sigfig and start a build journey after reading your posts.

Thanks man! I'm glad you liked it! It is a long story to tell with new MOCs. And I'm not even 10% in yet. But you have to have some patients to follow the story. It will take a few years to complete :grin:

Start to build! Historica is a great place to get inspiration for new builds.