More pictures:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Instruction available on Rebrickable:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-102687/paave/i-beam-suspension-trophy-truck/

Edited by paave

Nice job! I love how you went for that very uncommon front suspension design, and I like your solution for the front steering! I put one of these suspensions in a 1:10 Ford F-350 MOC a few months ago, so I can appreciate how hard they can be to design.

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Nice job! I love how you went for that very uncommon front suspension design, and I like your solution for the front steering! I put one of these suspensions in a 1:10 Ford F-350 MOC a few months ago, so I can appreciate how hard they can be to design.

Thank you! Took me years to find out the robust solution for this kind of suspension + steering in this scale.

Awesome how you fitted this unconventional supension in it! Would love to see it motorized to see how the suspension behaves on a uneven surface! Do you think that would be possible?

10 minutes ago, brickhead_07 said:

Awesome how you fitted this unconventional supension in it! Would love to see it motorized to see how the suspension behaves on a uneven surface! Do you think that would be possible?

Thanks. The suspension is pretty hard and I don't think it would show the best performance. Making it softer with other shocks, either soft or medium, leads to a subsidence after pressing. Also, the steering system is too instable: the truck would hardly go straight.

1 minute ago, paave said:

Thanks. The suspension is pretty hard and I don't think it would show the best performance. Making it softer with other shocks, either soft or medium, leads to a subsidence after pressing. Also, the steering system is too instable: the truck would hardly go straight.

Ok, I understand. It is awesome without RC too!

That’s so cool! I quite like the body work. It looks super simple but somehow flows and suits the truck very well. I your signature style. The star of the show is the front suspension, of course. It’s ingenious, every single bit of it. 
P.S. The top mounting of the rear shocks seems quite weak. I would expect these tow ball axles to pop out from either the sockets or the shocks, no? I guess the video shows they are okay. I am not trying to nitpick, the MOC is fantastic.  I am just curious. 

13 minutes ago, proran said:

That’s so cool! I quite like the body work. It looks super simple but somehow flows and suits the truck very well. I your signature style. The star of the show is the front suspension, of course. It’s ingenious, every single bit of it. 
P.S. The top mounting of the rear shocks seems quite weak. I would expect these tow ball axles to pop out from either the sockets or the shocks, no? I guess the video shows they are okay. I am not trying to nitpick, the MOC is fantastic.  I am just curious. 

Thank you! The rear suspension is soft, it doesn't turn into any disconnections, it's checked. I used these connections because it's the most compact.

2 hours ago, paave said:

Thank you! The rear suspension is soft, it doesn't turn into any disconnections, it's checked. I used these connections because it's the most compact.

Understood, thanks!

Looking good! I like the minimalistic design. The front suspension is interesting and unususal, but the straight rear wheels and the positive cambered front wheels don't look great together imo.

Oberall a very nice MOC, well done!

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Looking good! I like the minimalistic design. The front suspension is interesting and unususal, but the straight rear wheels and the positive cambered front wheels don't look great together imo.

Oberall a very nice MOC, well done!

Thanks. When the truck is on the ground, the front wheels are straight too. These are render images.

Nice build.

Only problem I can see is that the steering pivot is to far from the center of the wheel, and not compensated by an KPI angle. This makes for a unstable model when turning as the wheels move a lot forward/backwards as they turn. Maybe a different hub for connecting the wheel could solve this by moving the pivot closer to the rim, and including a slight KPI and Caster angle. Maybe event flipping the wheel (gets about a stud closer) could reduce the problem. Apart from this the solution is brilliant! Good work!

_ED_

Edited by Nazgarot

10 hours ago, Nazgarot said:

Nice build.

Only problem I can see is that the steering pivot is to far from the center of the wheel, and not compensated by an KPI angle. This makes for a unstable model when turning as the wheels move a lot forward/backwards as they turn. Maybe a different hub for connecting the wheel could solve this by moving the pivot closer to the rim, and including a slight KPI and Caster angle. Maybe event flipping the wheel (gets about a stud closer) could reduce the problem. Apart from this the solution is brilliant! Good work!

_ED_

Thanks. I don't really see a problem here, it's quite a common thing in MOCs in this scale. I can't use another hub or even change anything else in this system, it's all connected. Flipping wheels is also impossible, because there are connectors on the way.