Sign in to follow this  
merc

[OL- FotL-Cat.1b] Monomonto Warrior Monks

51891263876_5fca65458e_w.jpg

These monks are followers of the philosopher Nirvan Emmet. 

Real world inspiration from the Japanese Sohei monks. Since the challenge came out, these guys were floating in my head for a while.

Edited by merc

Good selection of warriors. It was also interesting to read about the Japanese Sohei monks on Wikipedia. In the process, I learned something new.

Fantastic! Good spread of pieces to give the figs individual styles. I usually prefer that to fully uniformed troops. Sohei are a good call! I was musing on that but don't have those parts. Nice work! 

Excellent addition to the Shogunate's array of troops! They certainly look like the part. Like I said on Flickr, I wish I had a white cape (or a white ninja head wrap for that matter).

Nice ones! I am always a huge fan of any minifig wearing those (middle-)eastern hoods as they give a sort of medieval middle-eastern vibe in my book (Go Kaliphlin, go!)

Edited by blackdeathgr

On 2/20/2022 at 10:33 PM, NOD said:

Good selection of warriors. It was also interesting to read about the Japanese Sohei monks on Wikipedia. In the process, I learned something new.

Thank you! Glad to know I inspired you to learn something new! :pir_laugh2:

On 2/20/2022 at 11:07 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Fantastic! Good spread of pieces to give the figs individual styles. I usually prefer that to fully uniformed troops. Sohei are a good call! I was musing on that but don't have those parts. Nice work! 

Thank you! I was looking at some of my pieces and thought of the warrior monk from the total war series which is how I came up with the idea.

On 2/21/2022 at 9:22 AM, evancelt said:

Great idea and selection of parts (especially the heads!) for the figs

Thank you! I tried to not make them all uniform.

On 2/21/2022 at 11:50 AM, Khorne said:

Excellent addition to the Shogunate's array of troops! They certainly look like the part. Like I said on Flickr, I wish I had a white cape (or a white ninja head wrap for that matter).

Thank you! Yea I was smart (or young and ignorant) and bought 5 of the prince of Persia sets so I ented up with 5 white capes. :pir-grin:

On 2/22/2022 at 3:01 PM, Brickwolf said:

Good Monomoto figs!

Thank you! 

On 2/23/2022 at 2:03 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice ones! I am always a huge fan of any minifig wearing those (middle-)eastern hoods as they give a sort of medieval middle-eastern vibe in my book (Go Kaliphlin, go!)

Thank you! Yea I have been of fan of the lego keffiyeh (the hoods) for a different type of look. :pir_laugh2: