Sign in to follow this  
Jeff of Clubs

[OL- FotL-Cat.1a] Perise Mercenary Troupe

A new arrival in the New Haven Sea, the 'Orphan Lords' are a highly professional mercenary troupe whose origins antedate the Lotii domination of their homeland of Peri by some two hundred years. They are the scions of the indigenous army of landed nobility who once ruled Peri. Today that legacy translates into a highly disciplined 'esprit de corps' with a fearsome record for bloody-minded charges and tenacious defense.

Perise Mercenary Company

(Above: Flower of the Lotus Cat1a entry)

Although few Madrician accounts exist of these career-soldiers, their current use of modern flinklock smoothbore muskets and close-order drill indicate a recent and effective Madrician-style military reform. As a professional mercenary company, keeping up with the latests innovations can be as important as the actual fight and the Orphans clearly haven't been idle. 

They have been observed to fight as Madrician line-infantry and light infantry. In uniform and out. In raids, boarding actions and pitched battles all around their homeland and other Lotii possessions. Potential recuits must have battlefield experience and the capacity to purchase and maintain their own weapon and tunic, outside these loose stipulations, troops are encouraged to equip and dress themselves comfortably. With them is a weapon common throughout Lotii holdings, a cetbang.

Perise Breach-loading Cetbang on Tripod

Usually employed on fortess walls or mounted to the hulls of ships, these 'light' breach-loading swivel guns render tremendous, rapid-firing, anti-personnel capabilities upon its wielders. Shot or shrapnel is pre-loaded into what is essentially a series of iron mugs and sealed with wax. The Orphan Lords have been operating these vigorously for such a length of time, that it is not uncommon to see a battery of maneuverable, man packed cetbangs integrated at the battalion level. 

They do not seem to speak the Lotii tongue naturally and an attache from one of the Lotus Banner Armies (center) assists with translation and keeps a close eye on the officers. In addition, the Lotus and Peri seem to have a mutual hostility that far outstrips a simple battlefield rivalry.

Thanks for reading! Was a bit longer than I intended. Been camping on these for a while. Stoked to finally barf 'em up! Seriously though, check out breachloading swivel-guns if you haven't. Blew my mind at just how old and ubiquitous they were. Some were even more gun than any swivel could handle.:pir-oh:

I used tack putty to keep some of them upright without a base.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

Nice troops. I really like the swivel gun! nice use of the harpoons as feet. :thumbup:

Great selection of Mercenary Troupe and interesting story. I really like the swivel gun. :pir-huzzah2:

That swivel gun is a lot of fun :pir-grin: Nice job

Also good job on the photos and posing, though those two guys on the left in the top photo look like they are running at breakneck speed. I like the light torsos you chose

14 hours ago, merc said:

Nice troops. I really like the swivel gun! nice use of the harpoons as feet. :thumbup:

Thanks! The idea for harpoon feet came from reading the instructions for a SW set I didn't have.

12 hours ago, NOD said:

Great selection of Mercenary Troupe and interesting story. I really like the swivel gun. :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks! I'm worried it's a bit long for this topic. I was trying for hours to make a convincing double barreled one like I found online.

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

That swivel gun is a lot of fun :pir-grin: Nice job

Also good job on the photos and posing, though those two guys on the left in the top photo look like they are running at breakneck speed. I like the light torsos you chose

Thank you. I hope so. They're meant to be charging. :pir_laugh2: I am hoping to find more uses for those torsos. They could work well for a lot of things.

What a great entry! Cool posing and design on the figures and interesting addition of the cetbang. It looks great! I don't think if seen one built in Lego before.

8 hours ago, Khorne said:

What a great entry! Cool posing and design on the figures and interesting addition of the cetbang. It looks great! I don't think if seen one built in Lego before.

Thank you! I'm glad you dig it! Thanks for the help with the lore too. 

On 2/22/2022 at 11:57 AM, Brickwolf said:

great figbarf!

Thank ye! 

@blackdeathgr, thank you! Tried to convey some serious fieldcraft by way of shuffling their equipment a bit.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs