MajklSpajkl

[MOC] "Arrrrr!!! The rum is gone!!!"

800x800.jpg

The worst penalty of them all, stranded on a small lonely little island with only one bottle of rum...

A small 10x10 vignette for our lug's CMF-vignette contest.

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me...

Best regards,

Miha

A lovely build indeed! It is compact, yet has so much detail, I am especially fascinated by those 1x2 tiles angled on the side. Good job! :pir-thumb:

That looks funny! I like the little island with the palm tree. I like how everything is built.

This is a nifty little MOC - here have a tankard of rum :pir-huzzah2:

10 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

The worst penalty of them all, stranded on a small lonely little island with only one bottle of rum... 

He can use that bottle to send a rescue message... but does he have anything to write with? :pir-grin:

Great little build, I too very much like what you did with tile-corners. :pir-thumb:

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

He can use that bottle to send a rescue message... but does he have anything to write with? :pir-grin:

And when the psychodramas and the traumas of hangover passed, the doomed mariner observed his white feathered companion who circled the island and sang loudly, proudly and rather unpleasantly even for the sober ear.

Sometime later the cruel creature finally had enough and decided to land and rest on the palm tree. Mariner moved slowly. Without looking he grabbed the bottle, never leaving his one good eye from the great maestro. He took aim. One shot is all he’s got. One shot is all he needs. Seagull never knew what hit him.

He plucked one feather from his wing and in his own blood wrote a distress message on the backside of the map. He took aim once more and the bottle flew. The strong ocean current will now do the rest.

Aye, the rum is gone, but the lunch is about to be served. Poor unlucky seagull.

2 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

And when the psychodramas and the traumas of hangover passed, the doomed mariner observed his white feathered companion who circled the island and sang loudly, proudly and rather unpleasantly even for the sober ear.

Sometime later the cruel creature finally had enough and decided to land and rest on the palm tree. Mariner moved slowly. Without looking he grabbed the bottle, never leaving his one good eye from the great maestro. He took aim. One shot is all he’s got. One shot is all he needs. Seagull never knew what hit him.

He plucked one feather from his wing and in his own blood wrote a distress message on the backside of the map. He took aim once more and the bottle flew. The strong ocean current will now do the rest.

Aye, the rum is gone, but the lunch is about to be served. Poor unlucky seagull.

Wow, this is a fantastic story, very entertaining indeed :pir-grin:. And you are a mastermind in logical thinking - I wouldn't have thought of that solution, never... You guys actually gave more substance to this little build, for what I am very grateful.

Thank you also to all for nice words and praise. I am glad you like it.

But please, do forgive me for a little dirty trick :blush: - the corner tiles are unfortunately not attached at all. I wish I was such a master, to actually achieve firm contact, but the fact is, that they only hang on the open corner of the bottom plate and fit quite nicely in the gap between snotted ones. They sit fine, but when moving the vignette, they usually have to be put back in place.

Best regards!

3 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Great little build, I too very much like what you did with tile-corners. :pir-thumb:

Haha 👍🏻👍🏻 True Story !!!! 😄😄😄😆

10 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Well, you've definitely solved the the issue of writing materials.

7 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Thank you also to all for nice words and praise. I am glad you like it.

I think this creation is worth posting on the Frontpage of Eurobricks! :pir-thumb:

14 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

You guys actually gave more substance to this little build, for what I am very grateful.

Master artists do the painting and then wisely leave audience and the critics to debate what was he trying to say in the picture. :pir-grin:

Compact, yet full of detail. I love the sides of the base. Great technique. Having the old palm tree pieces is fitting as well. Congrats on being frontpaged.

10 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Wow, thank you for the honor! Cheers!!! :pir-huzzah2:

Well, we hope it encourages you to share more great vignettes with us! :pir-grin:

14 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Well, we hope it encourages you to share more great vignettes with us! :pir-grin:

Heheh, who knows, maybe I will...although  I am mostly a Technic builder. But it is a very nice venture to try the "normal" bricks from time to time.

22 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

I am mostly a Technic builder.

C'mon, how many time have you been featured on front-page via LEGO Technic section? Your future is here, after all most of these beautiful ships need excessively complicated rudder mechanism to steer or to raise anchor :pir-grin: 

9 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

C'mon, how many time have you been featured on front-page via LEGO Technic section? Your future is here, after all most of these beautiful ships need excessively complicated rudder mechanism to steer or to raise anchor :pir-grin: 

Well, there's been a few before... :blush: I guess we'll have to se(a)e where the treacherous currents will take my little boat :pir-blush:

11 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

I guess we'll have to se(a)e where the treacherous currents will take my little boat :pir-blush:

Marooned Marin is right! But the LEGO Pirate Forums also extends to Facebook, Instagram, Flickr and website thanks to the Classic Pirates Social Network.