Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[GoC] Marshalling in Spudkirk

Spudkirk has been bustling with Corrington's soldiers. The docks, winding streets, and plateau at the top of the town are buzzing with redcoats, the soldiers eagerly awaiting orders.

Meanwhile, the now Major, Lord Spud has been given command to Marshal the troops, which he has taken most seriously. Spudkirk knows first hand what the Lotii are capable of, and so the soldiers have been put through all manner of drills and exercises. Lord Spud speaks to two of the Third Regiment of Foot Guards, accompanied by a soldier of the 42nd Foot, the "Block Watch".

51891306945_a68b3eb54f_z.jpg

Without figs:

51891305465_b3e4683cd1_c.jpg

I am killing two birds with the one build, submitting this to GoC, hopefully this is okay?

Edited by Spud The Viking

A wonderful build, I really like the structure of the house with the ingot bricks and the stuccoed roofline. Nice cobblestones and climbing plant!

Nice angling on the wharf - I'm trying to work out if it is just the pier that is on an angle, or if the actual shoreline is not straight. Either way it gives a nice flow to the scene. The structure is excellent for such a small façade with the yellow adding a nice splash of colour. Nice to see a new regiment of Foot Guards - those custom torsos look great! :thumbup: for GoC.

An impressive little scene! The angling of the dock is a nice touch to break up the squareness. The touch of yellow and the red flowers keeps Spudkirk in the right color palate as well. And the custom torso's are awesome. A :thumbup: from me for the GoC! 

This little vig has everything a build needs... the angled dock, the yellow wall, the vines--and a few rifle toting minifigures.  Great stuff!

On 2/19/2022 at 2:10 PM, Brickwolf said:

A wonderful build, I really like the structure of the house with the ingot bricks and the stuccoed roofline. Nice cobblestones and climbing plant!

On 2/19/2022 at 2:59 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Nice ingot work. And that viney plant thing is awesome!

On 2/19/2022 at 11:39 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

An impressive little scene! The angling of the dock is a nice touch to break up the squareness. The touch of yellow and the red flowers keeps Spudkirk in the right color palate as well. And the custom torso's are awesome. A :thumbup: from me for the GoC! 

On 2/19/2022 at 11:58 PM, Kai NRG said:

This little vig has everything a build needs... the angled dock, the yellow wall, the vines--and a few rifle toting minifigures.  Great stuff!

Thank you all - very kind feedback! 

On 2/19/2022 at 7:41 PM, Ayrlego said:

Nice angling on the wharf - I'm trying to work out if it is just the pier that is on an angle, or if the actual shoreline is not straight. Either way it gives a nice flow to the scene. The structure is excellent for such a small façade with the yellow adding a nice splash of colour. Nice to see a new regiment of Foot Guards - those custom torsos look great! :thumbup: for GoC.

Thanks, the pier and wharf are both at a slight angle.

Nice job @Spud The Viking! I really like the stately facade on the build and those troops are pretty cool! The water effect on the right with the clear plates is spot on.

:thumbup: for GoC from me!