evancelt

[MOC] Mini Redcoats

Just recently I was contemplating something like this, using that same piece for tricorn hats! I hadn't come up with a suitable torso part, but these certainly work. The legs look a little short, but otherwise it's pretty cool. And that horse is nice. Will you be using these in a micro build?

8 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This will really conserve space when building armies!

Haha agreed. Funnily enough the limiting factor on me making a ton of these was I only have a few 1x1 round yellow plates (used as lemons in a MOC last year).

1 hour ago, Captain Dee said:

Just recently I was contemplating something like this, using that same piece for tricorn hats! I hadn't come up with a suitable torso part, but these certainly work. The legs look a little short, but otherwise it's pretty cool. And that horse is nice. Will you be using these in a micro build?

Yes, would love to see what you come up with! Not planning to use these in a micro build just now, but maybe in the future!

I was also toying with the idea of using black headlight bricks as shakos

4070.t1.png

Black antenna base as a kind of bicorne

4592.t1.png

And the plate with vertical tooth as a kind of redcoat coat

15070.t1.png

Edited by evancelt

11 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Funnily enough the limiting factor on me making a ton of these was I only have a few 1x1 round yellow plates (used as lemons in a MOC last year).

When life gives you lemons... build an army!

@evancelt The headlight brick would be rather large for a shako at this scale. How would the antenna base look atop a 1x1 round black plate for a shako? As for heads, you could use tan instead of yellow for a flesh look, if you have them.

Just playing around with adding a background to the cutout MOC after reading Brick Nerd's new post on the subject! Looks like JJ Abrams took the photo!

jacobites.jpg

On 2/19/2022 at 7:35 AM, evancelt said:

Just playing around with adding a background to the cutout MOC after reading Brick Nerd's new post on the subject! Looks like JJ Abrams took the photo!

Now put them in a Caribbean setting pursing pirates! :pir-grin:

On 2/18/2022 at 9:35 PM, evancelt said:

jacobites.jpg

'kay, now you need to make some Highlanders as well. Just to fit in with the picture. :bonaparte:

Just epic!!! You did it again! Now I must search out to theoretically calculate how many of those soldiers I can build with my brick collection! :pir-laugh:

Napoleonic armies of micro<X<medi scale at their finest!

Edited by blackdeathgr