Sign in to follow this  
Jeff of Clubs

[OL - FB] A Mostly Warm Reception

"Jan 15th, 622AE;

Our arrival at the bluecoat hub of Fort Arltrees recieved a warmer reception than any of our men dared hope for. During the journey, rumors abounded as to the loyalties of our hithertofore enemies within the enlisted ranks. Fears of marching out to do battle with the Lotii, only to find our traditional enemies in our rear, were serious concerns right up until the day we landed.

As our battalion moved through the city to our bivouacs, we encounted one of the largest markets I have ever seen and a crowd of smiling locals filled the streets to greet us. Some even trying to foist bottles of wine and loaves of fresh bread upon us as we marched. The lieutenant politely declined these advances and became cross with a couple men who had accepted a kask of rum from a local suttler."

20220217_092810_compress_compress

"With only a few exceptions, our welcome to Fort Arltrees was a warm affair."

20220217_094213_compress_compress

"I must make a note to visit that market while we are still here. I have no doubt there could be something perfect for everyone in the family. Even grandpa!"

-Excerpt from the journal of Willian 'Bill' Morley, Private, Corrington's 26th Regiment of Foot

Thanks! As always, C and C welcome and if there is a lore issue, I'll edit accordingly.

20220217_095631_compress_compress

To be licensed as a small residence in Fort Arltrees.

20220218_082440_compress_compress

This is an attempt to duplicate some of the building styles I've seen in the lovely MOCs you all have posted lately. A special thanks to Ayrlego and Evancelt for their excellent tutorials on base building.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs
Better photo

I like the building and the photo story. "Grandpa" is Marshal Dequesne (I recognize it in the picture?). The soldiers weren't kind to "Grandpa"! Could it be that the Corrington lieutenant despised the friendly resident?

5 hours ago, NOD said:

I like the building and the photo story. "Grandpa" is Marshal Dequesne (I recognize it in the picture?). The soldiers weren't kind to "Grandpa"! Could it be that the Corrington lieutenant despised the friendly resident?

Thanks! Undoubtedly, the corries started it. No, the whole thing was meant from a corry perspective via a diary. So some nameless grandpa over the hills and far away. Perhaps the lieutenant wanted the rum! :pir-upset:

Nice job on the base! I like the various bley slopes. Do you have a picture of the whole build?

Good to see the 26th Foot on the move!

Very nice work - exactly the types of scenes I'd hoped for when we agreed to cooperate on Oleonda! I especially like the way you have done the angles with the roof to make it work with the curved wall - thats very neat work. Great build!

12 hours ago, evancelt said:

Nice job on the base! I like the various bley slopes. Do you have a picture of the whole build?

Thank you! I'll post a better cropped one in an edit. I should move on to photoshop but I don't do tech very well, I've found it to be very counterintuitive. I only just started flickr and am still trying to figure out albums. One at a time I suppose.

7 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Great little chapter added to the story!

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Very nice work - exactly the types of scenes I'd hoped for when we agreed to cooperate on Oleonda! I especially like the way you have done the angles with the roof to make it work with the curved wall - thats very neat work. Great build!

Thanks! I'm glad it hit the mark, so to speak.

4 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

A very nice build, I love the slices of buildings. Overall, a super build and storytelling!

Thank you! Wanted to step into a more sane narrative for a MOC.

3 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Great build. I really like the buildings and the story. Kudos for including Corrington´s 26th Regiment!

Thank you! 

Nice little scene and story. I like the ramshackle look of the buidlings. It fits with Fort Arltrees' mostly rough looks.

13 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice photo shooting and nice depiction of part of a hamlet.

Thank ye!

5 hours ago, Khorne said:

Nice little scene and story. I like the ramshackle look of the buidlings. It fits with Fort Arltrees' mostly rough looks.

Wanted that rough hewn look. Thank you! Just trying to tether orther's stories together unobtrusively.