Ayrlego

Flower of the Lotus - Mini Challenge - RESULTS POSTED

On 5/10/2022 at 10:17 PM, Ayrlego said:

Please let me know any feedback you have for this mini-challenge (apart from we want the results quicker! that was totally my fault!) - do we want more fig-barfs? Any ideas for a new mini-challenge etc.

My feedback (better late than never :pir-grin:):

I enjoyed the challenge - once a year we can have a figbarf challenge, that is fine.  I did not participate in the second part because I had no inspiration. And maybe it was a bit too far from my "pirate-home-base".

Just to explain a bit on my participation in challenges in general: Once there is a new challenge coming out I check what it is about. And then I ask myself whether I have an idea what to build.

This is actually the tricky part for me as in 90% of the challenges I initially have no idea at all. Remember that fine challenge about "Tholeau's Secret"? Intriguing stuff, but I had no inspiration. :pir_wacko:

So, what do I want to say: don't judge from my participation whether a challenge is good or not :pir-laugh:

But I think there is a challenge coming up where I am on the organizing side of the game :pir-grin:

On 6/16/2022 at 9:29 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Tholeau's Secret"? Intriguing stuff, but I had no inspiration. :pir_wacko:

Oh, how on earth do you remember that challenge? :pir_laugh2: Happy times...! 

@Ayrlego figbarfing is always good and fairly easy to participate so the more the better, although the challenge stars are and always will be the "normal" ones (or the vignettes that are kind of both figbarf and small scale building).

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Oh, how on earth do you remember that challenge? :pir_laugh2: Happy times...! 

It was a challenge where I would have liked to participate. I thought it had a great topic.

Can't believe I missed commenting on this.

Please let me know any feedback you have for this mini-challenge (apart from we want the results quicker! that was totally my fault!) - do we want more fig-barfs? Any ideas for a new mini-challenge etc.

I loved this type of challenge, because I like to mix and build minifigures. I also don't have that much bricks to build big MOC's, so the larger challenges are often larger. However, I think a mixture of both type of categories would be better. Perhaps there could've been an extra "vignette" category as well, to stimulate the people who are more into MOC'ing than solely figures into participating as well?

That way, the challenge remains small-scale, lightweight and accessible to all, but it also opens up to "actual" builders.

Overall though, maybe the low rate of participation (esp. cat. 2) is due to the low activity in general?

Thanks! I personally preferred my Monomonto entry, I think. Even though the Blue Banner was more diverse in terms of designs and accessories.

I also really like @Jeff of Clubs's mercenaries. Loved that cetbang.

For me the mini challenge was great! In that period even building a vignette was too much for me, and posting figbarfs without aim or context wouldn’t have been the same! It would be nice including a similar category also in main challenges, almost always there is something original that could be depicted!