Ayrlego

Flower of the Lotus - Mini Challenge - RESULTS POSTED

The Lotus empire still lurks in the east as a sleeping giant. Although the Carnite-Lotii war saw them battered and pushed back  and for a moment entirely on the defensive, little is known of their overall position and strength in the New Haven Sea. 

In recent months, the Lotus banners have started to reappear, rumours of a new Lotii commander have emerged together with reports of vast new Lotii and allied Monomonto land forces massing on Eastern El Oleonda. 

Now, it appears Carnite forces are under siege in their settlement of Seawatch, while Oleon and Corrington marshal forces for a combined land campaign on El Oleonda. But what... and who will they face???

Aim: To highlight the NPC factions of the Lotus Empire and Monomonto Shogunate

Category One - Fig Barf!

Task A: Show an example of Lotii soldiers and equipment. Your entry must:

1. Consist of a minimum of four and maximum of eight figures.
  2. Your figures must be purist. eg. Constructed using official Lego torsos, legs, heads and headgear/hair (or digital renders of parts and colours available in real life).
  3. Third party weapons are permissible. All other parts must be official Lego parts.
  4. Your figures must be presented on a plain background with no base.
  5. OPTIONAL: Although your figures can not be presented on a base, you may choose to place a stand alone tree/vegetation or other feature in the background. Focus should remain on the figures, your background feature should compliment your entry but not dominate it. Examples: 1 2 3
  6. A link to your entry topic should be posted in this thread.

image.png.177071f10bcc6a6358aa6fc078c130cb.png

Example of Lotii Troops by @Khorne

Task B: Show an example of Monomonto soldiers and equipment. Your entry must:

1. Consist of a minimum of three and maximum of eight figures.
  2. Your figures must be purist. eg. Constructed using official Lego torsos, legs, heads and headgear/hair (or digital renders of parts and colours available in real life).
  3. Third party weapons are permissible. All other parts must be official Lego parts.
  4. Your figures must be presented on a plain background with no base.
  5. OPTIONAL: Although your figures can not be presented on a base, you may choose to place a stand alone tree/vegetation or other feature in the background. Focus should remain on the figures, your background feature should compliment your entry but not dominate it. Examples: 1 2 3
  6. A link to your entry topic should be posted in this thread.

49400845633_8b3e4d4f98_w.jpg

Example of Monomonto Troops by @Ayrlego

Category Two - War Junk!

Task: Build a Lotii (or Monomonto) naval vessel in service of the Lotii in the New Haven Sea. Your entry must:

1. By licensable under the EGS rules for ships, but not be licensed to any player (intention is to license them to the Lotii for use as MOC'd vessels - Thus available for capture by players). No class limit for this category.
  2. Be distinctively Lotii (or Monomonto) in character. (Please no 'captured' Madrician (European style) vessels). 
  3. A link to your entry topic should be posted in this thread.

Due Dates

Category One: 28 March 22

Category Two: 25 April 22

Rewards:

Category One: Know thy enemy: The faction with the highest average combined score across both sub-categories will receive one extra experience point to be applied to a single selected commander when fighting against the Lotii or their allies on El Oleonda. 

Category Two: The top three scoring entries in this category will be rewarded with a license for an un-MOC'ed ship equal in class to the ship they built for the Lotii. This un-MOC'd ship may be used for the tMRCA but can not be sister-shipped if lost.

Index of Entries:

Corrington:

Cat 1a

Viceroy's Horse Archers and Personal Guard @evancelt

Ikko-Brikki martial artists @Brickwolf

Red Fire Banner Army @Ayrlego

Various Lotii Units @Spud The Viking

Heavy troops of the Lotus @Bregir

Cat 1b

Clan Tori samurai @Brickwolf

Monomonto Samurai and Ashigaru @Ayrlego

Spectres and Soldiers @Spud The Viking

A new foe arrives @Bregir

Eslandola:

Cat 1a

The Happy Bunch @Captain Braunsfeld

Keyto Blue Dragon Banner @Maxim I

Cat 1b

Long Tall Sully and his Experienced Arkebusiers @Captain Braunsfeld

Oleon:

Cat 1a

Perise Mercenary Troupe @Jeff of Clubs

Outlaw Gangs @Ross Fisher

The Blue Banner answers the call @Khorne

Lotii units @Bodi

Yellow Banner Troops @merc

The sons of the East @Keymonus

Terrible As An Army With Banners @The Sarge

Cat 1b

Monomonto Warrior Monks @merc

Monomontachi go to war @Khorne

The way of the sword @Keymonus

Cat 2

Lotus warship @Bodi

Sea Rats:

Cat 1a

Earth Banner Detachment @Professor Thaum

It's great to have another challenge, though for someone who hasn't followed closely the latest development of this game, I wonder if there's a link to the background story of Lotii incursion? Their motivation is quite fuzzy to me. Or is this mean that players are allowed to certain liberty in the narratives, to depict this conflict from different perspectives?

2 hours ago, Bodi said:

It's great to have another challenge, though for someone who hasn't followed closely the latest development of this game, I wonder if there's a link to the background story of Lotii incursion? Their motivation is quite fuzzy to me. Or is this mean that players are allowed to certain liberty in the narratives, to depict this conflict from different perspectives?

I'm stoked for it too! Background for the Lotus empire and Carno can be found in the link at the very top (Farstrider's Guide), additionally the current KPA has the situation on El Oleonda and this topic from a previous challenge deals with the events leading up to this war, in fact, weren't you in that one? :pir-grin:

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

2 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

in fact, weren't you in that one?

The thing is almost everyone had his own version of story, but I guess it's not a big deal, unless we have to comply with of the story of the challenge winner?

6 hours ago, Bodi said:

I wonder if there's a link to the background story of Lotii incursion? Their motivation is quite fuzzy to me. Or is this mean that players are allowed to certain liberty in the narratives, to depict this conflict from different perspectives?

Officially, the Lotii have a fairly established presence on El Oleonda. They view Madrician colonists such as Carno, Oleon and Corrington as invaders and have vowed to drive them of the island so that they have sole possession. 

Probably not much of a story required for this challenge - the idea was to get some builds from a different perspective/flavour. Something nice and easy that most can participate in (the fig-barf) and build some oriental style ships for the more nautically minded.

Neat challenge! Some minor questions:

• Most likely I can't re-enter the example soldiers? :grin:
  • I was planning on making a scouting MOC akin to what Evancelt made recently and was going to feature some soldiers there. Can the figbarf entries also be a part of another MOC or should they be unique for this challenge?

3 hours ago, Bodi said:

The thing is almost everyone had his own version of story, but I guess it's not a big deal, unless we have to comply with of the story of the challenge winner?

I thought the general story was like Ayrlego described above and how it is written in the link Jeff of Clubs posted? The Lotii had some colonies on El Oleonda, then the Carnites came and both got into conflict over whom got to claim the whole island. Or did I miss something?

9 hours ago, Bodi said:

They aren't contradictory stories. Just do your thing in the meantime and short of instigating a full scale battle, you'll probably be fine. I believe the results of that challenge have already been thoroughly kneaded into the lore. The few details between there and here are, alliance between Corries and Oleon. And Corries land in ft Arltrees to do recon. So you're just in time! If it's a dramatic motivation you're after, consider Oleon has maybe 80 men on the whole island of EO and not a one in NO. Gotta hold out until the combined fleet arrives?

Funny little challenge. I got my lotii firecrackers for the first part of the challenge done. If some can help me how to propper name the prefixes in front of the MOC name, i"ll make them a propper introduction thread tommorow.

51891798454_7a27e9acd8_o.png

33 minutes ago, omnihash_cz said:

If some can help me how to propper name the prefixes in front of the MOC name, i"ll make them a propper introduction thread tommorow.

Looking good!

Do you mean the name of the the topic you post your entry in? If so then the usual convention is: [SR - Flower of the Lotus Cat1A] Lotii Rocket Troops  (or whatever you want to call your topic!)

@Ayrlego @Khorne @Jeff of Clubs Thanks for the replies, appreciated.

16 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Probably not much of a story required for this challenge - the idea was to get some builds from a different perspective/flavour. Something nice and easy that most can participate in (the fig-barf) and build some oriental style ships for the more nautically minded.

That's the key.:pir-thumb:

One nitpick about the text at the top of this thread: aren't the Asian inspired nations in BOBS supposed to come from the far WEST of the continent?

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

One nitpick about the text at the top of this thread: aren't the Asian inspired nations in BOBS supposed to come from the far WEST of the continent?

Actually, I think it is more from the far south of the continent, but it is the eastern coast, and we are encountering them as we sail east.

Then again, I always seem to get my east and west mixed up in BoBS. :pir_wacko:

6 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:
7 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Actually, I think it is more from the far south of the continent, but it is the eastern coast, and we are encountering them as we sail east.

Then again, I always seem to get my east and west mixed up in BoBS. :pir_wacko:

FWIW, our Golden Horde equivalents are in the Far West. 

On 2/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, Khorne said:

Most likely I can't re-enter the example soldiers? :grin:

No, unfortunately not! Although if you retook the photo with some additions/slight modifications (no huge changes required) then that would be ok!

On 2/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, Khorne said:

Can the figbarf entries also be a part of another MOC or should they be unique for this challenge?

Yes, they can definitely be part of another MOC.

On 2/21/2022 at 9:52 PM, gedren_y said:

One nitpick about the text at the top of this thread

As Capt Wolf stated, they are the southernmost nations on Halos. Not sure I can find a reference to the East in the OP? They occupy the eastern half of El Oleonda, but originate from Southern Halos.

On 2/17/2022 at 6:31 PM, Ayrlego said:

Consist of a minimum of three and maximum of six figures

My apologies all, I just noticed a mistake in the text. The above for Cat 1B should read maximum of eight figures the same as Cat 1A.

I have edited the OP

My entry for Cat 1 B: