Hod Carrier

OcTRAINber Judging

It’s been three months since the OcTRAINber 2021 contest closed. Has anyone heard anything about the judging? I know that the judging generally takes a while, but this year it’s starting to get a bit crazy. 

22 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Still better than the IDEAS timeline for releases.

Even better, unlike IDEAS we know that there is a chance that a train will be selected in this competition. (grin)

Sorry about the delay on this, it was definitely quite a wait.

That said, I do have good news - Cale, Matt, and I have finished judging all the entries tonight and we should have the results posted very soon. There were a lot of very impressive entries!

Thanks a lot for your patience. We've talked about a couple things to try to hopefully get it wrapped up quicker next year.

6 hours ago, Daedalus304 said:

Sorry about the delay on this, it was definitely quite a wait.

That said, I do have good news - Cale, Matt, and I have finished judging all the entries tonight and we should have the results posted very soon. There were a lot of very impressive entries!

Thanks a lot for your patience. We've talked about a couple things to try to hopefully get it wrapped up quicker next year.

perfect! thanks for making a statement

Hey everyone, the OcTRAINber 2021 Results have been posted. Many thanks to everyone to participated, I always love seeing the entries.

We understand that it was very, very late this year. We had issues with timing (and other factors) that set us back a bit. That said, we've got plans and ideas for the 2022 challenge and we should be able to get things running smooth again next time.

thanks for posting the results! eventhough i didnt win it was quite a fun journey. will be participating next time.

Thank you very much @Daedalus304 for all the careful, educated, and wise decisions you and the entire team behind this (!) evaluation.

Congratulations to the winners, and runner ups - and most importantly to all participants! It was so nice to see all the entries.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Great work. The entries are all wonderful and fit with the theme of small "critters". As noted, @zephyr1934's Katy bobber caboose was a great model and well deserved of the praise. @Ts__'s Köf II is another great one. And the stinkiest, lowliest PoS out there of them all, @Hod Carrier's Port-O-Castle creation got a well deserved honorable mention, no matter how crappy it is. :laugh:

@Daedalus304 Is there a way for us to order OcTRAINber bricks? I wouldn't mind adding one to my collection.

What a great surprise that the little KöF won in its category.

For me it was a great competition. Yes, the time limit was sporty, but it was also a good incentive. And also that you should show something during the construction, I think, this is good. That made the competition very lively. And when you see what was created by the participants in the short time: cool.

The waiting time after the competition was unfortunately a bit long, but with the leaving of Glenn Holland in October 2021, the BMR probably had to deal with internal issues for the time being. But honestly: better this way than no competition at all. People from all over the world come together and exchange ideas. The world often lacks that...

Therefore my thanks to the BrickModelRailroader for organizing this unique competition!

Thomas

Thank you BMR for hosting this inspirational contest that brought out so many amazing ideas. It definitely pushed me in my building techniques. I do not envy the judges, how could anyone pick a single "best" model in any of those categories. I am grateful that my build was selected among all of the great builds. Congratulations to all who entered!

Well done everyone. Congratulations to all the winners and to everyone else who entered. Thanks go to the chaps over at BMR for coming up with a really good theme which got us all excited and inspired. I'm looking forward to finding out what they come up with for next year.

Thanks to all for the nice contest and congratulations to winners!!! I think there were a lot of good entries and I personally enjoyed a lot this OcTrainber - looking forward the next one!!! :wub:

Ciao to all!

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk