Sign in to follow this  
hikouki

How to transport/ ship minifigs.

I'll be moving back to my home in a couple months, and I have several very precious minifigs - Star Wars, LOTR, etc.

I have my display cases back home, but I'm wondering what is the best way to transport my minifigs? I probably won't ship or mail them out due to them being too precious. I plan on taking them with me on the 2000 mile drive across the country.

Does anyone have any idea for a MOC to hold the minifigs inside boxes for example? Any other ideas for keeping them "safe" while inside my car for the several days long trip?

Thanks!

If they're going to be in the car with you, I wouldn't think you'd need anything too elaborate to transport them.  I would recommend putting them in individual small zipped baggies and throwing them in a box with as much bubble wrap/packing material as you feel necessary.  Again, since you're driving them yourself I wouldn't imagine you'd need that much, just enough to prevent them moving around too much.  Then just make sure the box doesn't get crushed by anything heavy in the rest of your luggage. 

As far as an MOC, I'm not really sure what you'd be looking for; any MOC as I'm imagining it would be more dangerous since any minifigures could easily fall off whatever they were standing on during transport and get jostled around amongst the other parts of the MOC, potentially incurring damage.  Better to package them individually in those baggies, as they wouldn't be moving around much or rubbing against other pieces which might damage them.

When I order or ship minifigures through Bricklink, myself and other sellers typically always send them in those zipped bags, usually in a bubble wrap padded envelope.  I wouldn't think anything more than that would be necessary to protect your collection.