Sign in to follow this  
TalonCard

Redbeard Biography

I'm not a long time member of this forum and in this short amount of time I have seen some extraordinary MOCs and ideas, but this, this is by far the best thing so far that caught my eye. Fantastic work! :pir-thumb:

16 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Oooooooooo! Who did the voicework?

That's the very talented chap Davisonspeaking from Fiverr doing a dramatic reading of the text from the Ships and the Sea program in the intro. The rest is me doing my best, lol. :pir-grin:

11 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

I'm not a long time member of this forum and in this short amount of time I have seen some extraordinary MOCs and ideas, but this, this is by far the best thing so far that caught my eye. Fantastic work! :pir-thumb:

Thank you so much! I'm excited to be able to share it. :pir-huzzah2:

4 hours ago, TalonCard said:

The rest is me doing my best, lol. :pir-grin:

You've done a superb job! :pir-thumb:

You're a genius how you've managed to weave all the various official media and pirate releases into a single, cohesive continuity.  Even 4+ Pirates - IMPRESSIVE!

image.png

This truly is a fantastic thing @TalonCard! How you've managed to weave a semi-coherent story out of all of the incoherent data is a thing of art. As I commented elsewhere, it was both fun and informative! I certainly learned a few new things. And discovered a few other sources I need to seek out (for example the 4 Juniors mini-comics, I didn't even know those existed). I'm going to have to re-watch it a few times to catch the other things I surely missed on the first round.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the following episodes.

Thank you! I almost forgot, I was going to post the mini comic scans after the episode went up. (I was pleasantly surprised to find I already owned both of them; I thought I just had Kragg's!)

Captain Redbeard

Captain Kragg

Bricklink calls them comics, which is a bit of a stretch since it's just two panoramic scenes per booklet. But I do love all the background action and the character designs. The 4+ stuff grows on me the more I look at it.

17 hours ago, TalonCard said:

Thank you! I almost forgot, I was going to post the mini comic scans after the episode went up. (I was pleasantly surprised to find I already owned both of them; I thought I just had Kragg's!)

Captain Redbeard

Captain Kragg

Bricklink calls them comics, which is a bit of a stretch since it's just two panoramic scenes per booklet. But I do love all the background action and the character designs. The 4+ stuff grows on me the more I look at it.

Thanks a bunch for those @TalonCard! I was looking at the images Bricklink had for them and did notice that it looked like they were just scenes, but I agree, they are a lot of fun!

Great idea and work!!! I really appreciated how you used so many sources about the world of lego pirates. This shows that you have been a huge fan of the pirate theme for a long time:pir-huzzah2:

41 minutes ago, TalonCard said:

Episode II is now online! Redbeard becomes more notorious and influential than ever before, but family strife may prove his undoing... :pir-huzzah2:

As with the first video, this was exceptionally well produced with such a wonderful story woven together! Bravo @TalonCard!

16 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

This is awesome!!! :pir-love:

Could we somehow turn this series into a blog post?

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Could we somehow turn this series into a blog post?

Where there's a will, there's a way.

I will play around with ideas and see what happens :pir-huzzah2:

4 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Where there's a will, there's a way.

So you've got the will? :pir-classic:

Episode III is now live! Redbeard begins his return to notoriety in the Tropical Sea. We've finally reached the time period with the most full-length stories, and thanks to the fantastic Golden Medallion restoration and the legendary audio drama translations here on the forum, there was a lot of great material to work with.

13 hours ago, TalonCard said:

Episode III is now live! Redbeard begins his return to notoriety in the Tropical Sea. We've finally reached the time period with the most full-length stories, and thanks to the fantastic Golden Medallion restoration and the legendary audio drama translations here on the forum, there was a lot of great material to work with.

Super excited to watch this @TalonCard! Queueing it for my watchlist after work now!

On 12/5/2022 at 1:27 PM, TalonCard said:

Episode III is now live! Redbeard begins his return to notoriety in the Tropical Sea. 

Out of curiosity...  how many episodes are you intending to make?

I had a chance to watch the video yesterday after work @TalonCard and it was most excellent, as to be expected! You're right that there is a lot of data to use for this period.

I absolutely need to watch it again and soak in some of the cool info a bit better.

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Out of curiosity...  how many episodes are you intending to make?

I believe in the videos he says that it'll be an eight part series.

Thank you so much for watching! I've been enjoying your Instagram stuff as well, BTW. :pir-grin:

Eight parts is correct. I arrived at that decision by using the incredibly scientific process of realizing that would make each episode "pieces of eight". :wink:

Edited by TalonCard

3 hours ago, TalonCard said:

I've been enjoying your Instagram stuff as well, BTW. :pir-grin:

Thanks mate!! :pir-huzzah1: