NoOneOfImportance

Ongoing Transformers Rumors and Discussion

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I'm aware Promobricks is a trusted leakers, but considering TLG's recent stunt regarding leaks... 

But anyway, this will be interesting to see for sure

Bruh, there was no recent stunt.

If this is all a ploy by TLG to destroy the reputation of EVERY SINGLE leaker out there, then chapeau, they've outdone themselves :laugh_hard: Marvelous work, if so

Awesome! I was initially hoping for Optimus Prime to be based on his G1 incarnation, whose classic appearance inspired the Autobot Leader’s incarnation from the Bumblebee solo movie from 2018.

I’m looking forward to this! Let’s hope they do Beast Wars characters if this product sells successfully!

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, there was no recent stunt.

Yes there was, sanctioned though not originated by LEGO. Jay's Bricks Blog approached LEGO about starting a fake Uncharted leak. Of course the most reputable leak sources didn't pick it up.

HOWEVER LEGO was hiring - I think last year? - for a position to help combat leaks, including putting fake information out there from what I understand. We could be seeing that. Maybe we are, maybe we're not.

I have a hard time believing that Hasbro would partner with LEGO, unless LEGO is simply too dominant in this space now to ignore. Hasbro did cancel their own LEGO clone after 2017, but I still have trouble accepting this from any source.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If this is all a ploy by TLG to destroy the reputation of EVERY SINGLE leaker out there, then chapeau, they've outdone themselves :laugh_hard: Marvelous work, if so

I wonder how far they are willing to go....

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

... what?! They're working together with Hasbro? I think Hell just froze over

My thoughts exactly. On my bike ride yesterday drivers took my side when someone almost hit me. It's the end times! 

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yes there was, sanctioned though not originated by LEGO. Jay's Bricks Blog approached LEGO about starting a fake Uncharted leak. Of course the most reputable leak sources didn't pick it up.

HOWEVER LEGO was hiring - I think last year? - for a position to help combat leaks, including putting fake information out there from what I understand. We could be seeing that. Maybe we are, maybe we're not.

I have a hard time believing that Hasbro would partner with LEGO, unless LEGO is simply too dominant in this space now to ignore. Hasbro did cancel their own LEGO clone after 2017, but I still have trouble accepting this from any source.

people thought simpsons getting sets based on them was farfetched due to the adult subject matter, same for stranger things. My point is just because something sounds farfetched doesn't automatically make it false.

I mean we've gotten a set based on the spice girls for Pete's sake lol, anything is possible (relatively speaking).

Plus it isn't just promobricks, it is falcon too and I trust his word 

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

Man, I hope this is true. Clearly the whole hasbro thing makes it far-fetched, but it would be such an amazing set. I don't follow transformers too closely, but I always loved Optimus Prime's design and character, and if they really pull it off, they've got a purchase from me.

Given that Hasbro seems to have long abandoned Kre-O (since 2017 or so I believe) its not impossible for them to have decided that they will partner with LEGO rather than bring back their own in-house bricks (which I am sure would be expensive to do)

7 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Awesome! I was initially hoping for Optimus Prime to be based on his G1 incarnation, whose classic appearance inspired the Autobot Leader’s incarnation from the Bumblebee solo movie from 2018.

I’m looking forward to this! Let’s hope they do Beast Wars characters if this product sells successfully!

Rise of the Beasts is supposedly a follow up to Bumblebee and not continuing the other transformers films.

so that’s why the Prime picture I posted looks a little like a G1 but with film additions

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

My point is, that wasn't LEGO's stunt. They simply answered a question if they are making an Uncharted set.

I'm almost as big a fan of Transformers as I am of LEGO so this is incredibly exciting to me. It will definitely be a must-have if it can pull off everything promobricks says it can. 

Edited by ToaDraco

If true this would be a proper blast of nostalgia for me, as I had the Powermaster toy as a kid and it was one of my favourites for ages. I take it that the basis will be the Freightliner COE.

4 hours ago, Seasider said:

Rise of the Beasts is supposedly a follow up to Bumblebee and not continuing the other transformers films.

so that’s why the Prime picture I posted looks a little like a G1 but with film additions

Technically, Bumblebee (and therefore Rise of The Beasts) being or not a part of the previous Michael Bay films is incredibly ambiguous; most fans (myself included) prefer to interpret it as a reboot both to distance from the previous films and all their problems and because the continuity between them is so irreconciliable it doesn't work as a prequel anymore; but it was produced and marketed as part of the original series, and it still is in some current tie-in media, and so far every statement refers to it as a "new storytelling universe" and "avoiding the timeline" of the Bay films, which could mean either a straight reboot or just avoiding the timeframe and themes of the previous films.

Anyway, if this is true, and that a HUGE "if", as a fan of both Transformers and LEGO, particularly LEGO constraction - and no I don't care if it's System, if it's an action figure made by LEGO it's constraction in my book - I'm really excited for this. We need more of this among entertainment and toy companies, more friendly cooperation instead of constantly trying to one-up each other. Stuff like the Marvel/DC yearly crossovers after the first one between Superman and Spider-Man, or the cartoon-fest that was Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and sets like these.

I really hope this does well. I can't imagine them ever doing a g1 Megatron but Soundwave, Bumblebee and Starscream would be possible. 

The idea isn’t far fetched to me. LEGO already licenses out the Transformers brand to other companies for things that they don’t produce in house. Threezero, Prime 1 Studio, etc. So it makes sense to me that they would consider licensing to LEGO since they’ve tried many previous attempts at buildable transformers (BTR, KreO, and ConstructBots) but none have stuck in the long run. 

plus as some people have mentioned elsewhere, LEGO already has a relationship developed with Hasbro, there is some sort of Peppa Pig stuff that’s sold at LEGO parks or something so it’s not the most unbelievable rumor IMO

3 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

I really hope this does well. I can't imagine them ever doing a g1 Megatron but Soundwave, Bumblebee and Starscream would be possible. 

Soundwave for sure! I would love it if they made Jazz, since LEGO already has the Porsche license. Jetfire would be a great way to get a Robotech/ Macross Veritech Fighter. Just the possibility of finally getting Transformers in LEGO is mind-blowing awesome. Any G1 versions would instantly separate me from my $$. Hope this rumor turns out to be true. 🤞🏻

Edited by BitByBrick

Considering that at least one of the Megatron toys from the old cartoon turns into a gun that was realistic enough that one collector here in Australia (featured on some TV show many years ago IIRC) had to get a special license from the authorities in order to own it (and follow special rules in storing it and etc) I can't see LEGO doing that particular version of Megatron.

if this tech is actually real and they figured it out, i think the monkie kid sets in 2023 are going to be lit and the ninjago imitator set in 2024 will probably be the only thing i buy from that wave ;)

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

Considering that at least one of the Megatron toys from the old cartoon turns into a gun that was realistic enough that one collector here in Australia (featured on some TV show many years ago IIRC) had to get a special license from the authorities in order to own it (and follow special rules in storing it and etc) I can't see LEGO doing that particular version of Megatron.

they'd most likely do his G2 green and purple tank form