NoOneOfImportance

Ongoing Transformers Rumors and Discussion

We have a possible first look at a toy for Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts: Optimus Prime, spoiler tagged for space. I say possible as this design is different to the on-set vehicle we have seen. In general this design seems fairly easy for Lego to convert into a transforming set, the legs would simply need to rotate back 90° while the arms would rotate backwards 90° also. The head simply flipping backwards or forwards into the body to be hidden. The more simplistic a transformation, the more detail they would be able to add to the set without issue.

Spoiler

Rise-Of-The-Beast-Optimus-Prime-Optimus-

Rise-Of-The-Beast-Optimus-Prime-Optimus-

On 2/15/2022 at 7:21 PM, Lady Bone Demon said:

they do like one a year is my guess if this isnt just a one-off.

The most likely option would be Optimus would be followed by Bumblebee, these are the two most popular characters. If these two are insanely popular then they would probably do another car/truck based transformer. I could see perhaps a typical black/red Optimus Prime exclusive also, as that tends to be a running theme with Optimus Prime figures.

On 2/15/2022 at 7:21 PM, Lady Bone Demon said:

I just dont really know how this partnership works at all, logistically in either company's favor. 

like according to the tfw2005 forums, and ill just copy and paste the quote from apollux here, the transformers team has done research into this specific thing before:

maybe it's because it'll be an adult 18+ set thats way out of a average kid's price range maybe it's fine in this particular instance? im really curious on the technical aspects of this deal.

With a $169.99 price tag and an advisory 18+ on the box coupled with Lego generally being considered more fragile and less used to 'rough play' chances are that kids would go for a cheaper Optimus Prime that would be available for around $30-50 instead. This set is clearly intended for older fans. Hasbro is in general trying a rebrand/reboot of its Transformers saga, more in-line with 'Bumblebee' but at the same time playing on nostalgia and a desire to move away from Decepticons as the primary antagonists.

As far as I can tell it'd function in the company's favor by the following:

• Main toyline, intended for rough play from kids, generally simplistic detailing
  • Studio Series line, which is more accurate and generally focused towards collectors or those who want movie-accuracy or more detailed figures. They can still be transformed and handle some rough play.
  • Lego sets, which would be for iconic characters and primarily a display piece, sure you can transform and pose it, but the nature of Lego generally would convince you to handle with care otherwise it'll fall apart.
On 3/11/2022 at 3:45 PM, HatBricks said:

Promobricks posted an update to their story saying the release will be June, which seems to originate from the same image as the preliminary package.

I think June makes sense, but I am curious how this will do when released against '76215 Hulkbuster MKII' which is likely due for a release in June/July.

while we wait for the Lego set, I show you the first and complete part of my 100% Lego Soundwave (except the Decepticon Logo)

Edited by Blackfalcon81

31 minutes ago, Blackfalcon81 said:

while we wait for the Lego set, I show you the first and complete part of my 100% Lego Soundwave (except the Decepticon Logo)

Wow that's so cool! He looks spectacular!

The Rise Of The Beasts Optimus design has been revealed, if the version is based on RotB then the following is what we could expect to see replicated as a Lego set.

Spoiler

img_20220412_083636-jpg.29462105

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

So still no news regarding Optimus? Even after all the new set reveals?

It's been delayed to June (not sure exactly when), so I assume we'll probably get something halfway through May or later.

Last Wednesday, someone messaged me on Instagram regarding the Optimus Prime set. He says he's seen what it looks like and that we will get photos of the product on May 11th. Oh, and he also mentioned that Optimus's blue body parts will be Dark Blue, akin to the original G1 toy.

Edited by MatthewRC
Removing user’s name at his behest.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:26 PM, MatthewRC said:

Last Wednesday, someone messaged me on Instagram regarding the Optimus Prime set. He says he's seen what it looks like and that we will get photos of the product on May 11th. Oh, and he also mentioned that Optimus's blue body parts will be Dark Blue, akin to the original G1 toy.

QgNbX98sANIvSmWW-zPrRmR8_UpqXDk4WJqnSK9A

Did he gave any detailed description or his opinion of how the set looks like?

Edited by Jaromir

3 hours ago, Jaromir said:

Did he gave any detailed description or his opinion of how the set looks like?

I don’t think so, but it’ll look very G1-ish from what he said.

Promobricks revealed new details of Optimus, also saying he should be revealed soon and mostly likely will be released June 1st.

They say he's G1 for sure, comes with Ion Blaser, Energon Axe, as well as the Allspark and a Red Jetpack on top of the previously mentioned UCS info style plate. He can be transformed without disassembling and apparently doesn't have movable knee joints.

It all sounds pretty cool to me, I personally wouldn't be shocked if first pictures leak within the next week or so.

Managed to get 21311 Voltron for a decent price a few weeks ago, and it's pretty impressive. Is it poor form to put Voltron and Optimus Prime together? Shame that they likely won't be the same size.

21 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

Promobricks revealed new details of Optimus, also saying he should be revealed soon and mostly likely will be released June 1st.

They say he's G1 for sure, comes with Ion Blaser, Energon Axe, as well as the Allspark and a Red Jetpack on top of the previously mentioned UCS info style plate. He can be transformed without disassembling and apparently doesn't have movable knee joints.

It all sounds pretty cool to me, I personally wouldn't be shocked if first pictures leak within the next week or so.

I also read the stories about it on Instagram, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just a LEGO recreation of the original G1 toy. I’m hoping he’ll have lots of detail.

I still can't believe this is happening! Absolute dream collaboration here. Hoping I'll be able to somehow scrape the money together to buy this when it eventually goes on sale!

1 hour ago, HatBricks said:

Boo on the lack of knees. But to be expected with large figures.

Also Allspark? Should it be the Matrix of Leadership?

6 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Boo on the lack of knees. But to be expected with large figures.

Also Allspark? Should it be the Matrix of Leadership?

I'll take a lack of knees any day, so long as the transformation is smooth and has no parts forming.

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

I'll take a lack of knees any day, so long as the transformation is smooth and has no parts forming.

True. But should be somewhat easy to mod in knees. Considering it's G1 Prime

The social media teasers from LEGO are now out.

Luckily I was able to watch the review before it was taken down, absolutely love it I'm so hyped for this set! Energon axe could have been done better and the lack of knees is unfortunate but overall it's very impressive and I'm so happy it can transform. 

Edited by ToaDraco

He looks SO GOOD. There's something kinda blocky and silly in how they made him look that I really like, he feels very wholesome. The accessories are also pretty funny, and the box art if great.

But I feel really bad for Brothers Brick, I'm sure it was an honest mistake posting it early, I hope lego is understanding of that.

37 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

He looks SO GOOD. There's something kinda blocky and silly in how they made him look that I really like, he feels very wholesome. The accessories are also pretty funny, and the box art if great.

But I feel really bad for Brothers Brick, I'm sure it was an honest mistake posting it early, I hope lego is understanding of that.

Yeah, I hope nothing bad comes of the leak, especially since it could reflect badly for such a young partnership between two traditionally combative companies... Ideally Hasbro will be understanding (it's not like they have the best track record preventing leaks themselves) and Lego won't feel under any pressure to penalize a fan media partner as historically reliable and high-quality as Brothers Brick.

The Optimus looks pretty neat. It looks like it uses several of the new joint pieces introduced this year—the shoulder/hip joint from Ninjago and Monkie Kid that adapts the AT-AT-style joints to the Knight's Kingdom-style joints for extra stability, the compact Knights Kingdom-style click hinge brick introduced in the Tallneck set (in red here, where the shoulders join to the torso), and a new joint I spotted in the upcoming Ninjago set Lloyd's Golden Ultra Dragon, to attach the aforementioned hip joints to the torso while keeping the waist narrow. As a big fan of mech/robot builds AND a former Hasbro intern, I'm really eager to pick this set up.

Looks like a set straight from 90ies. But not in a good way.

And 180 Euro for 1500 standard looking pieces without any minifigs or many special and big pieces is just laughable...

Edited by wollolo