NoOneOfImportance

Ongoing Transformers Rumors and Discussion

So apparently, per promobricks, we will be seeing a Transformers Optimus Prime set coming in May. 

Per the rumors, it will have jet pack, UCS-style plaque, and weapon, and it will be able to be transformed without disassembling. 

It’s rumored to be $169.99, at 1508 pieces. 

If this is already being discussed in another thread, I apologize, and mods feel free to merge/delete as needed. I hadn’t seen any other threads talking about it at this point. 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance
Changed title of thread

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

... what?! They're working together with Hasbro? I think Hell just froze over

Definitely a surprise, yeah. I’m not a huge transformers fan, but I’m excited to see LEGO try to pull off well what plenty of MOCs have done with the transforming feature. 

All these (fake) leaks are giving me trust issues....

I'll believe it until I see it

Edited by Robert8

14 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

All these (fake) leaks are giving me trust issues....

I'll believe it until I see it

This one is promobricks at least, so it’s definitely reputable. It’s certainly a surprising license though.

Assuming this is real, I think it will either be very amazing or a total flop.
But considering the high price, I think this could actually be a very good set :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

50 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

This one is promobricks at least, so it’s definitely reputable. It’s certainly a surprising license though.

Or perhaps a hacked account? Or another test?

Certainly surprising. Interesting if true, but as with others I'll believe it when I see it.

This is some sort of fever dream, I never thought TFs would be licensed to Lego.

There could be an assumption it's the G1 design to get a wider fan & casual audience, but considering it's in May and with the fact that we might be seeing merch for the Rise of the Beasts movie show up soon (the delay to 2023 was so abrupt Hasbro couldn't stop the retailers from halting sales until next year), I'm inclined to believe we'll be seeing his movie design, especially since it's basically the G1 one but with movie detailing.

This sounds kind of like fake leak fodder. Not sure who really benefits from this partnership and also the transformation detail sounds really suspect. Ill eat my words if I'm wrong but fake leaks are a dime a dozen these days.

That took me by surprise even more than Horizon Zero Dawn set news, and that was my biggest previous LEGO-related surprise.

I never thought we would see something like this. Can't wait to see it, not sure if I'll buy it with all the sets coming out in May and April.

And bruh, people, the news is reliable. It's from Promobricks, literally the most reliable LEGO news source. Y'all talk about trust issues because you trust any random leaker who shows up with some fake info.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That took me by surprise even more than Horizon Zero Dawn set news, and that was my biggest previous LEGO-related surprise.

I never thought we would see something like this. Can't wait to see it, not sure if I'll buy it with all the sets coming out in May and April.

And bruh, people, the news is reliable. It's from Promobricks, literally the most reliable LEGO news source. Y'all talk about trust issues because you trust any random leaker who shows up with some fake info.

This, exactly this. It's not like Mr.No or fulcrum gave us this news. We trust promobricks literally every other time they give us info, why is now so different? This Optimus Prime set is gonna be insane 

Just now, Lady Bone Demon said:

I don't think it's wrong to be a little skeptical at this point, like what do I have to lose lol

you must not be aware of promobricks reputation 

6 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

This, exactly this. It's not like Mr.No or fulcrum gave us this news. We trust promobricks literally every other time they give us info, why is now so different? This Optimus Prime set is gonna be insane 

Imo there are four tiers of leakers:

Tier 4 - Out-of-nowhere Leakers (like Mr No, or other random people who suddenly pop up with info)

Tier 3 - Instagram Leakers (like Fulcrum, people who mostly keep to #Legolas and sometimes post exclusive info, which is sometimes true and sometimes not)

Tier 2 - Established Leakers (like Falcon Fan or Guyon, ones with a reputation of a truly reliable leaker)

Tier 1 - Actual Websites (like Promobricks or Stonewars, websites which have never been wrong about anything, having us accurate information, descriptions and other news)

People have trust issues because they see a random tier 4 leaker with an exviting new leak, and they treat their info like it's from a tier 1 leaker.

And, paradoxically, they stop trusting tier 1 leakers after that, which is most illogical. 

6 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

you must not be aware of promobricks reputation 

again what do i have to lose if im just a tad skeptical of hasbro and lego partnering for a lego optimus prime? like the collab is unprecedented at this moment in time. 

im aware the rumor is out there, but its not like lego does surprise drops of big products like leaks like this would really be useful to know for future spending. and either way im aware of the rumor... i dont know! lol its not like one person is going to undermine promobricks' reputation if theyre just skeptical in a forum online.  

Saw this on Instagram and can not describe how excite I am. I hope Prime looks as good as Voltron. For me if it’s a G1 model that will be even better.

3 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Saw this on Instagram and can not describe how excite I am. I hope Prime looks as good as Voltron. For me if it’s a G1 model that will be even better.

apparently it may be a soft tie in to Rise of the Beasts, products are coming out in April for that movie despite it having a 2023 release. Hasbro couldn't delay merch

9 minutes ago, Lady Bone Demon said:

again what do i have to lose if im just a tad skeptical of hasbro and lego partnering for a lego optimus prime? like the collab is unprecedented at this moment in time. 

im aware the rumor is out there, but its not like lego does surprise drops of big products like leaks like this would really be useful to know for future spending. and either way im aware of the rumor... i dont know! lol its not like one person is going to undermine promobricks' reputation if theyre just skeptical in a forum online.  

you misunderstand, Promobricks isn't some click bait website. They have gotten basically everything right in the past, this will be no different 

For me it doesnt make sense, truck will be probably too big to be used in city settings and too small to be used with Creator expert cars.

Functionality and details will be compromised for sake of transform function.

I will stick to classic Transformers toys...

Anybody thinks, that transformers will be better as technic set?

Edited by Ondra

10 minutes ago, Ondra said:

For me it doesnt make sense, truck will be probably too big to be used in city settings and too small to be used with Creator expert cars.

Functionality and details will be compromised for sake of transform function.

I will stick to classic Transformers toys...

Anybody thinks, that transformers will be better as technic set?

no one is saying that, it is just an exciting collaboration between the 2 companies 

Whoa, what?! Optimus Prime? THAT leader of Cyberton?!

Man, I didn’t see that coming up…. Lego is competely unpredictable. 

I had Optimus Primus from MegaBlocks and I hated it. Competely “meh”. 

18 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Whoa, what?! Optimus Prime? THAT leader of Cyberton?!

Man, I didn’t see that coming up…. Lego is competely unpredictable. 

I had Optimus Primus from MegaBlocks and I hated it. Competely “meh”. 

I kinda liked the Kre-O line, but Lego will always be a top tier building block brand 

15 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I kinda liked the Kre-O line, but Lego will always be a top tier building block brand 

My biggest problem with Kreo was that you had to take apart one mode to make the other, which kind of breaks the fun of quickly changing from robot to [insert other mode] 

I'm aware Promobricks is a trusted leakers, but considering TLG's recent stunt regarding leaks... 

But anyway, this will be interesting to see for sure