Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR FB] Campaign Planning, Port Woodhouse

After recuperating from a illness contracted while negotiating with Oleon at the Pine Island talks, Colonel Allcock has returned to Port Woodhouse on his way east for the upcoming campaign against the Lotii. Experience has now convinced him of how important light infantry are in the non-Madrician campaigns in the new world. The upcoming fight would not be fought in grand battle lines, but in thick jungle and dense woodland. As such, Allcock donned the unpopular dark green uniform of the 60th Regiment of Foot. Critics back in the motherland called it 'Too Greenback' but in the harsh campaigns against the natives on Gunpowder Isle it had proved very effective in combat.

While Allcock was drilling with the 60th, Brigadier Howe arrived in Port Woodhouse, back from a long absence in Belson. He and Allcock discuss Corlander strategy and appointments for the Oleonda Campaign. In the absence of higher guidence, Colonel Allcock had been prepared to take command of the campaign, but Howe informs him that the Crown has a different task for him. Allcock briefed Howe on the current situation.

Allcock: "Captain Brickleton @evancelt and Major Wolf @Brickwolf have been dispatched to Oleonda for recon missions and I am preparing to join them. Major Brickford @LM71Blackbird has been dispatched to Neustadt to make contact with Carnite authorities while Lord Spud @Spud The Viking is back in Spudkirk marshalling the growing Corlander forces. Spudkirk has been the destination for our troop conveys and we now have a considerable force there waiting for orders."

Howe: "Excellent! First things, Captain Brickleton is now Major Brickleton - I have conformation of his commission from the Palace. Lord Spud also has received a formal commission as a Major as well. Major Wolf will be given brevet rank of Colonel and will be the ranking officer on Oleonda. Once the reconnaissance is complete we will decide our next course of action. I will travel to Spudkirk, then potentially on to Fort Arltrees to liaise with the Bluecoats. You, Sir Dirk, will use your considerable experience in establishing new settlements to lead an expedition to Arlintina and establish our presence there. It has been our goal for sometime to claim the island and the damn New Haven sea is becoming far too crowded these days to put it off any longer. Choose a site, establish the basics, send for colonists and defend against anyone foolish enough to contest Her Majesties wishes."

51874762004_845ecc847c_c.jpg

A reworking of my South Western Frontier MOC into a BoBS setting. I completely redid the base (although the frame and shape stayed the same) and the landscape also was changed out. Some minor tweaks to the building and the addition of a roof. The greenjackets (95th Rifles) are from KTownBricks.

Thanks for the promotion!

Awesome job converting the building into a Port Woodhouse setting - the architecture and vegetation meld really well and create a cohesive scene. The SNOT green on the front of the base does a good job meshing with the vegetation. The mix of green and bright green adds some good depth. Is that a 3-leaf plant sprue vining its way up the pergola?

Those green riflemen are pretty cool!

Edited by evancelt

I like both buildings. In this version it has additional plants and palm trees which makes the diorama more beautiful and friendly.

It would be more interesting if @Mesabi was also at Campaign. His stories are creative and funny.

Oh my. What a lusty structure! I love this style of this building. BoBs needs more of em. Excellent repurposing of another moc. I am smitten by those trees and the pan-tile roof! The hedge in the for is an excellent touch.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

10 hours ago, NOD said:

It would be more interesting if @Mesabi was also at Campaign.

I believe the WTC have moved troops to the area; however, at this stage the Crown have not received word from the trade company on how they plan to employ them. 

Beautiful build and interesting story. Scenes like this work so well because you can capture the essence and some good details in a single photo. My only complaint is that the left side of the upper structure disappears into the background -- perhaps placing a tree there would help keep it visible.

I love these changes, the other build was great with the unique theme and all, but it's hard to beat these vibrant greens and the Spanish tile roof.  Perfect curve on the three leaf vegetation there in front too.  How did you attach the angled ones?

25 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

How did you attach the angled ones?

Thanks Kai, the three leaf pieces are attached to a chain of dark brown 4x3 leaf pieces (with some mechanical arm pieces for variation). Then the one end of the chain is attached to the SNOT side base and the other to the normal base plate with the natural flex of the leaf pieces creating the curve. Technique adapted from here.

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Thanks Kai, the three leaf pieces are attached to a chain of dark brown 4x3 leaf pieces (with some mechanical arm pieces for variation). Then the one end of the chain is attached to the SNOT side base and the other to the normal base plate with the natural flex of the leaf pieces creating the curve. Technique adapted from here.

Aha!  I was looking for leaf pieces, but in green, so I didn't see them. :pir-laugh:

Interesting turnaround of an existing MOC to a new context. Surprising to see what a change of surroundings can do to a building. The Mexican vibe the original had, is now almost completely gone.