Robert8

LEGO Spice Girls Tribute (40548)

This would appear to be another Matthew Ashton special, although I imagine this will do better than his last flop.

But I do question whether this would sell better as individual sets, as people may bulk at the price of all five together. People may be more inclined to buy one a month for instance.

4 hours ago, TheMainBricker said:

This would appear to be another Matthew Ashton special, although I imagine this will do better than his last flop.

What’s your point, caller?

I wonder if this is the start of a pop culture icon Brickheadz subtheme :classic: There’s plenty of artists and bands they could do here, almost too many *huh*

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wonder if this is the start of a pop culture icon Brickheadz subtheme :classic: There’s plenty of artists and bands they could do here, almost too many *huh*

Eh, I will wait for Steve Irwin and Jane Goodall, rather than artists and bands!

6 hours ago, TheMainBricker said:

Did we get sales numbers for the Queer Eye apartment or is that just speculation?

Never was a Spice Girls person but the concept of branching out with Brickheadz intrigues me. I would definitely be interested with more options like Prince or Elton John who are dynamic enough to make compelling builds.

57 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Except the set was designed by Daniel Squirrell: https://brickset.com/article/70726/spice-girls-brickheadz-officially-revealed!

Do you have some personal issues or what?

Designed by, but the idea is not his, he was told to do the set.

My personal issues are, that there is one man at the Lego group who is basically running it as his own personal MOC brand, with random ideas that don't necessarily translate to being great Lego ideas. I would highly doubt that these sets would see the light of day if another Lego employee suggested them. I know Lego can't please everyone, but there seems to be a growing issue that some ideas and themes never see the light of day (even with large fanbases behind them), but if he likes it (no matter how niche) there's a good chance it will be made into Lego.

It's like a football team that makes questionable decisions, you can trace it back to the management, and a change of management can cause a major turnaround.

Spice Girls is much more Lego friendly than a reality TV show (as the demographics for reality TV don't correlate with merchandise purchasers), but Lego Spice Girls is about 25 years too late (as all of the branded merchandise, like dolls etc came out in the 90s).

People are questioning who is coming up with these random (and typically poorly received) sets, and there is a clear answer. But people seem to get offended.

Lego Spice Girls, good idea, but 25 years too late.

Since you seem to have exclusive access to the inner workings of TLG nobody else seems to have, can you actually give us some useful information? There are still quite a few set lists missing :tongue:

And yes, Ashton‘s personally responsible for Classic Space and Castle never returning. He laughs himself silly every day while petting a white cat on his lap :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, TheMainBricker said:

Lego Spice Girls is about 25 years too late (as all of the branded merchandise, like dolls etc came out in the 90s).

Guess what, those girls in the 90s, they have their own cash now, ready to spend on some nostalgia! 

1 hour ago, TheMainBricker said:

I know Lego can't please everyone

It does not look like that! 

My only problem with these is LEGO can't keep up with demand of all the sets they make. I'd argue they make too many sets. Because of this the quality of bricks is now dino poopoo. So now they are making even more random weird sets and I'm afraid LEGO is spreading themselves too thin. 

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

What's everyone's favorite song from them? Mine is Wannabe.

I'll have you know that I'm a whiskey sippin manly man, no sissy girly nonsense for me, I want the sound of heavy electric guitars and V8 engines and violent movies with hot smokin chicks and Clint Eastwood!

*Whispers* but 2 become 1 is my favourite of theirs!

17 minutes ago, allanp said:

I'll have you know that I'm a whiskey sippin manly man, no sissy girly nonsense for me, I want the sound of heavy electric guitars and V8 engines and violent movies with hot smokin chicks and Clint Eastwood!

*Whispers* but 2 become 1 is my favourite of theirs!

‘Stop’ or ‘never give up on the good times’

Brickheadz ain’t my thing … but these are totally adorable. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

‘Stop’ or ‘never give up on the good times’

Brickheadz ain’t my thing … but these are totally adorable. 

Brickheads isn't my thing either. I'm a town builder, so most of the sets I really pay attention to are ones centered around buildings or vehicles. 

5 hours ago, TheMainBricker said:

What he wants, he gets. There seems to be a lot of undue influence from him.

Hmmm.....<wonders how to get Matthew Ashton to become a hardcore DC Superheroes fan>

I would prefer them to be in a minidoll format instead of Brickheadz.  Is there a Spice Girls reunion?  :pir-classic:

4 hours ago, TheMainBricker said:

I know Lego can't please everyone

2 hours ago, jpx said:

It does not look like that

16 minutes ago, The Brick Rat said:

Hmmm.....<wonders how to get Matthew Ashton to become a hardcore DC Superheroes fan>

Next!

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I dont get what Matthew Asthon has to do with this set?

Vast conspiracies to destroy Castle and Space or something :tongue: Can I join in? 

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Vast conspiracies to destroy Castle and Space or something :tongue: Can I join in? 

Are you kidding? 

I mean are there actual theories about him having a secret agenda to destroy the castle line or whatever?

If true, this must be one of the most outlandish things I've ever read here on EB in almost a decade