I just wanted to create something, which has never been done in Technic.

51871980661_9d0693ce92_b.jpg

Features

• All the brushes are spinning
  • Brushes are operated by either the PF motor or the rear wheels. There is a gearbox inside, and the trans green lever on the side selects the driving method, or turns off the brushes
  • Side brushes can be turned out, and locked by a two state spring system
  • Front brush can be tilted, also can be removed
  • Rear differential and 2 cylinders engine
  • HoG steering
  • Tilting driver's cab
  • Opening doors, auto closing by rubber bands

The blue brushes has a pin hole, and a rubber string was pulled through them together with an axle, that's provide the friction to spin.

See more high res images on my Flickr page.

51872298409_09848c5969_c.jpg

51872298394_80cc4cab4c_c.jpg

51871016542_29bbea7841_c.jpg

51872626930_10f0e1c5dc_c.jpg

Edited by kodlovag

That's such a cool idea and a nice looking implementation. Functions sound good too, would really like to see a video of it in action.

Looks really cool! Please make a vid showing the spinning brushes in action and show the insides too! 

One thing I find funny is the V8 badge in the front while there is only a V2 inside :grin:

Great job! I love that that the brush on the front can be easily removed. I also like how you change it from Manual to PF and back.

This is wonderful!  You should enter it into the “festival of mundanity” contest at thelegocarblog.com if you haven’t already - this is a great reproduction of an everyday but mechanically interesting vehicle that doesn’t often (ever?) get modeled in Technic.

Really good sweeper. I appreaciate all the detailing, even water blast (or something).

On 2/9/2022 at 7:43 PM, gyenesvi said:

That's such a cool idea and a nice looking implementation. Functions sound good too, would really like to see a video of it in action.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:00 PM, Gray Gear said:

Looks really cool! Please make a vid showing the spinning brushes in action and show the insides too! 

One thing I find funny is the V8 badge in the front while there is only a V2 inside :grin:

22 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

Thanks for sharing, cool! Another vote for a video of this marvellous creation.

9 hours ago, Jundis said:

Packed to the max, great idea and execution!

Video wanted! :D

Thank you for all the comments

Well, I have to say I really hate making videos. I don't have the right tools, nor the video editing skills. Up to now I made few videos only, each for TC competitions, because it was compulsory. But I consider making one.

Until that happens, here is this extra image about the internals.

51874018173_dff3e9a70e_b.jpg

20 hours ago, Hrafn said:

This is wonderful!  You should enter it into the “festival of mundanity” contest at thelegocarblog.com if you haven’t already - this is a great reproduction of an everyday but mechanically interesting vehicle that doesn’t often (ever?) get modeled in Technic.

I already heard about this competition, it is a good idea to submit the sweeper. I have to check the rules again.

Excellent MOC, especially at this scale! Looks great and you packed in lots of functionality. I'd love to see a video of it in action.

This is a very nice sweeper.  Very tidy and compact, although I am guessing that it does not have a tipping bin.  Nice use of panels. Well done

It's really nice. Especially the back looks so sophisticated, like there was a working compartment.

I'm loving your compact, function packet MOC. And thanks for the rendering of the interior.

If only TLG made more of this and less inaccurate, licensed display vehicles.