Justin2224

What 08 sets will you buy? Or not buy? Why so?

I'm basically gonna buy anything with clones in it.

It's a shame they've only made a maximum of two clones this year I was hoping for more Oh well.

I'm still deciding between the RGS and AT-TE as I want to know how many clones they can hold can someone please post pics of the interiors of both.

The Homing Spider Droid is probably at the top of my list because if it's limited edition I don't know if it'll be around for long.

Can someone list which sets are exclusive and which are limited edition. This will help the order I buy them in.

So basically I'll just buy as many clone sets as I can.

I'm not really an OT fan so The Death Star I'm not fussed about. It looks great but the price puts me off it.

Twilight looks like a recreation of a B-wing and the figs will be in the AT-TE which i prefer to the Twilight.

Does anyone else agree with me?

Edited by AoNZ

the Droid gunship and HSD are toys r us exclusives and limited editions, theye'll be out around the time of the RGS, AT-TE, V-19, and twighlight. i totally agree with you on the twighlight, boxy b-wing with AT-TE minifigs

Will definitely buy:

Homing Spider Droid: It's not an amazing set, but it's a neat little $20 package that I can't resist. Plus, I need something for the Republic to fight!

Droid Gunship: WHO CARES IF THERE ARE NO MINIFIGS. FOR THE HUNDRETH TIME THAT'S THE MOST IRRELEVANT PART THE SET. (Sorry about that, but this is a pet peeve of mine.) The construction is great, the design is awesome, and the pieces are handy- if it's under $40 I've gotta get my paws on that thing. It's well worth it and minifigs be damned!

Republic Fighter Tank: Despite the stupid name I can't deny that this thing is a beast. It looks great- sturdy and awesome detail. It may be a little on the stubby side, but keep in mind that the design was stubby to begin with and that the page is distorted. If it's not too expensive (nothing over $50) I'll definitely get it.

Might buy:

AT-TE: Looks good, and it's obviously lightyears beyond the first one. I got it- it was squat, immobile, and cartoony. This one is such a big improvement I'm sorely tempted, but the price tag is keeping me wary.

Republic Gun Ship: This set is obviously a shining star of the Clone Wars series. I had the old version of this set as well, and the improvements are just jaw-dropping for me- LEGO really thought this one through. Great detail given that it's not UCS. But again, $120 may be a little steep for me.

Torrent: Like the look and the landing mechanic, but somehow it's not piling up to $50 for me. The lack of airtight cockpits annoys me. I'm not ruling it out yet, but it takes priority below everything else I've lsited.

Will not buy:

The Twilight: I don't think it's as bad as every says, but it looks expensive, and I've got better things to buy.

Death Star: OMG. WHY DOES EVERYBODY WANT TO SPEND $400 FOR A MINIFIG COLLECTION. This set is absolutely NOTHING special. Minifigs aren't important, it's the actual SET that's the meat of the experience... and this one is lacking. I'd prefer the other UCS Death Star to this disgustingly overrated set.

Magna Gaurd Fighter: Not a bad set, just not worth $50 with so many other great sets on my list. Might get it later on if nothing appeals to me in January 09, and it goes on sale.

My minifig pet peeve has shown itself a little in this post. Sorry if it offended anyone.

All of them!!

I have every set from 99 till now and will keep buying them all till the license ends or I run out of room!!

Jamie

All of them ....I have every SW set so far but my days of buying multiples are over...so running out of room very fast, It doesn't help with the great sets coming from city and castle as well.

I will probably get the tx 130s and homing spider droid because they are two cool looking vehicles and they come with phase one clones. I may get the droid gunship as well, but....with no minifigs I probably won't. The death star is WAY out of my price range so I wont be getting that. :hmpf_bad:

Most likely the AT-TE and RGS from the first wave. The V19 maybe, depending on price. HSD and Fighter Tank are definite wants. Twilight looks like crap, and the MagnaGuard fighter looks weird. The DGS I want, but it's at the bottom of the list. I'll have to get the DS next year, but at £200 it looks more reasonable. :thumbup:

TK

Okay, this will be the longest post on this site, ever.^^

7667 is a good army builder (I LOVE STORMIES SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneone) but it contains pieces that I hate too much (this wheels on the back or the cockpit window). I bought it 12 times and one for a sale.^^

7668 is also a good army builder and contains a nice vehicle. This tank should be in Star Wars videogames. I like it very much. I bought it 5 times for parts, one tank and the rebel figures.

7669 sucks ****. But I don´t mean regular ****, I mean ******* **** **************** ************ ** ******. Jedi Starfighters are good and nice, but why does it have to be 25 buck expensive and does just contains 150 pieces? Just for the Anakin figure? For that I am getting the AT-TE. It isn´t a "Must-Have" set but it has a good playability for the children.

7670 is a BIG FAT MISTAKE! It doesn´t looks like a Halfire Droid, it´s just remembering me at it. The nose/head thing is the weirdest of all creations that I´ve seen from a LEGO designer. The Spider Droid is way too big. But I like the use of the chains. They will be very usefull for other MOCs. Once bought.

7671 is another mistake. It could have contained BARC and/or Swamp Troopers, but what did we get? Shockies. And they aren´t regular Shockies! They got completly white trousers. WHY THE HECK DO THEY HAVE WHITE TROUSERS??? Is it a production mistake? Oh no, they are also on the box... Haven´t you seen the movie? I didn´t saw a scene with complete white trousers Shockies. And the Battlepack had the right version! How can that be possible??? The vehicle is also a big mess. The legs aren´t formable and the cockpit has for the batzillionst time another weird colour than the rest of the thing. It is tan. WHY THE HECK IS IT TAN??? No ones bought, will be never bought.

7672 is a nice enter in the expanded universe for the kids but it is way too overpriced. For my luck, the ship just costs 50€ when I ordered it at Amazon.de and now it already has a price of 42€. Thanks Amazon! Once bought.

7673 is a bit curious. Why is this a P-38 ship from the Utapauns? The Utapauns aren´t invaded in the Phase 1 Clone Wars era, it was way behind it, at the end of Phase 2! And ahy are Magna Guards flying this ship? Why doesn´t Grievous got them at his own ship/shuttle? Except for the canon-mistakes the ship looks nice and has a few great parts. That they are including two Magna Guards is nice, too but they could have been in the Grievous Starfighter, earlier. I will buy one.

7674 is a good-looking vehicle but it isn´t necessary for me. I am collecting everything from Star Wars that isn´t just for space. Spaceships are very hard to display and besides from that, the Torrent is 20€ over the average. No ones.

7675 is one of the best sets ever! It´s a Walker, it´s grey, it is a little bit wine-red but it´s very sadistic, that the Walker has 8 places in the middle, one cockpit and one artillery and is including just 2 troopers (where one of them is a commander!!!) and two Jedis. I will buy one. Maybe a second when next year doesn´t have so much good stuff.

7676 is a Laaty. IT JUST CAN BE GOOD! You know? IT´S A **** LAATY!!!!!!!!! But it sucks that here are also 2 cockpits and one Speederbike to fill. Or does one of the Jedis ride the bike? We will find it out in the movie... One is on the list and maybe a second when next year wont have many good things.

7677 is... Isn´t it a TIE Defender? Oh god, TIEs sucks eyeballs. Next please!

7678 is nice but I´ve got a HMP MOC and it´s all I need.

7679 is a IFT-X. It´s a bit too big but when next year wont be so expensive, I will get another one. So, one or two 7679s for me.

7680 is Twilight. Go away! I don´t like you and you don´t like me, so stay away from me!

7681 is a good example for a simple made set but it took whole 6 years to make it. Why so long? It would be the best seperatist vehicle from AOTC but no, you must have made the stupid Technic-Halfire Droid. Stupid Halfire-Droid... And why is this thing here also called Spider Droid? The little thing in the Halfire Droid is also a Spider Droid and that is one, too? They doesn´t look similar, except for the four legs. A better name would be Spider Walker. One will be bought.

10186 is a stupid statue, so go away to Twilight!

10188 is so good!!! I must have three, no six, nonono: ONE HOUNDREAD of that!!! Okay, I will buy just one. But it is good enough to buy one houndread. What is houndread for a number, anyway?

So, that are my opinions and my buying lists. Have a nice day!

Wow, I must be one of the few here who doesn't memorize set numbers, because I had no idea what you're talking about half the time...

I'll be buying every Star Wars set this year (except Anakins yellow fighter) - they are all so excellent

I will probably get a couple AT-TE's and maybe an extra gunship - I can then trade in my '02 AT-TE and RGS

so far the Rebel Scout Speeder, should buy one more though. Saw it for 8,40€ the other day. I am just an OT collector, so there will be the death star probably, but I will wait for a deal or the info on Tantive IV yes/no next year. We will see. It will be a poker game. Me against the death star. It is just a bigger football and made out of plastic. I will win. Considerably.

I felt in love a bit with the new RGS and the V-19 to be honest. But I think they don't fit in my collection. Perhaps not.

Oh and I need one of these Stormtrooper battlepacks. Will sell the black one and keep the whities. Who needs a black stormtrooper? Was it anywhere in the movies? Nope. It is "Expanded Universe", and that's a place MY minifigs never heard of anyway. He will not get along with them. If I like the whities I will buy another one of these.

That's for 2008 I guess.

The RGS and the AT-TE. I have to disagree with JimButcher on the RGS - poorly designed? It's a pretty practical set if you ask me, with great figs like Asajj, Cody, Koon and Kenobi. I love the speeder bike, very good idea. The AT-TE is awesome too but lacks any interesting features (but it's still a must buy!). There are no special things you can do with this set, only the armour plates opening and closing which aren't even supposed to happen of course. This kind of gets me mad, but it still looks great and comes with the other half of the CW movie figures I'll need, EG a battle droid, awesome BLUE STAP, and Rex. Otherwise it's the usual boring/annoying figs, like that crappy Rotta. I might get some of the 30$ ones too (fighter tank, droid gunship, homing spider droid) to have some droid resistance and more clones.

hmm. i ntend on the gunship because its kick *** and maybe the spider droidso the droids have a chance, or the MTT if its on sale, but most of my money is for bionicle and castle and 40k.

jifel

OK, I'll revise my list. I will buy a few of the Homing Spider Droids, at least 1 AT-TE and Republic Gunship, 2 Republic Fighter Tanks, a V-19, and that should do it. Odd enough, the fighter tank reminds me of the tie crawler, 2 minifigs and a price around $49.99 usd. Wierd.

I'm getting two Homing Spider Droids, an RGS, possibly a Fighter Tank and a V-19.

I'm going after basically the same as you except no V-19. I'm trying to get all the sets with clones in them basically.

I'm going after basically the same as you except no V-19. I'm trying to get all the sets with clones in them basically.

I want the V-19 for the dark red parts. :classic: I love the dark red! :wub:

Although, my V-19 will be heavily MODded when I scrounge up enough money to get it. :grin:

All i can say is that my local TRU is going to love me come the 26, i am going to go on a massive wallet purge :laugh: . im planning on getting multiples of everything, and even some older sets that i have been meaning to obtain a second copy of (MTT, ATAP). i'll take a picture of all that days purchase just to make you guys jelous :wink: .

Edit: buy the way whoever said that they should trade in there origional RGS, dont, it technicly isnt the same ship as the new one which is a LAAT/I, the origional was just an LAAT.

Edited by yorkiejim

I'll just buy the death star. Well - maybe two or three of them.

I need more bley parts and selling the minifigs might allow me to get the death star parts almost for free ...

Well, I'm gonna get the AT-TE on July 26th, that's for sure! But I also want to buy a second CW set on that day, but I can't quite decide which one. Either I spend all my money and get the RGS (which my parents wouldn't like :hmpf: ) and don't get any more lego for a while, or I get the HSD and wait until I have some more money again to get the RGS or until it goes on sale. I will probably go for the HSD, it's kind of a more clever strategy. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Well, I'm gonna get the AT-TE on July 26th, that's for sure! But I also want to buy a second CW set on that day, but I can't quite decide which one. Either I spend all my money and get the RGS (which my parents wouldn't like :hmpf: ) and don't get any more lego for a while, or I get the HSD and wait until I have some more money again to get the RGS or until it goes on sale. I will probably go for the HSD, it's kind of a more clever strategy. :wink:

I too, am gonna get the at-te on the twenty sixth but instead i think ill get the rgs. Ive been saving up for a while and now have plenty of money and now that this clone contest is going on I might be able to get an extra clone with that.