Justin2224

What 08 sets will you buy? Or not buy? Why so?

Since the release dates of the new Star Wars Clone Wars sets are getting closer, I thought it would be good to get a thread started on who's gonna buy what.

I will probably by the RGS, AT-TE, TX-130s, HSD, and the V-19

I want to buy every set of this year because I want to own every star wars set (a hard task :tongue: ) but I didn

Edited by Bonaparte

My goal is to buy anything that looks good. I haven't seen any of the clone wars stuff yet, so I don't really have an attachment with it. Although I also have that with some of the EpIII things as I've only seen it once...

I'll probably buy the entire CW line. The Death Star, I'll wait for it to go on clearance and (providing I have enough money) then buy it. It's not a major priority for me.

I'll try to get a RGS and an AT-TE along with a HSD and the republic tank :thumbup: Maybe multiples of the latter two if my money makes it :sceptic:

Also, I will get a DS for sure, it's just a too awesome set to let pass. Will have to see if I wait for some discount or get it right away. Tho 400€ is really very much money to me as a becoming student...

Benny

My major don'ts are the droid gunship(no minifigs :thumbdown: ) and the Twighlight, its an ugly flying bow. if I do it'll be for the minifigs(Anakin, Ashoka, rotta, and R2-D2, you can nver have enough R2s)

My major don'ts are the droid gunship(no minifigs :thumbdown: ) and the Twighlight, its an ugly flying bow. if I do it'll be for the minifigs(Anakin, Ashoka, rotta, and R2-D2, you can nver have enough R2s)

Same reasons why I won't buy these two sets. I'm not going to buy the Twilight for the figs because they'll come with the AT-TE too, and I already have 4 R2-D2s :hmpf: ^^

I'm gettin the RGS cause I didnt get one when the first one came out (in my ole'dark ages) and its freakin amazing.

and the AT-TE for the same reasons

also the V-19 since my fleet of clones is short hand

the MagnaGuard fighter... I might not get it now or evr just cause its kinda wierd but maybe for christmas :cry_happy:

Twilight no its probably expensive and I don't like it.... but if it was like the Rouge Shadow than maybe...

the HSD I'm tempted to buy 3 but 2 was be enough

DGS I'll get maybe one....or two

TX 130s....COOL, the one i'm tempted to get 4 of!!

DS is a little too expensive... 400 USD is alot.... alot

I will not buy the death star this year (except if my mother wins to lottery) because I could not buy the coming AWESOME clone wars sets.

I will take the republic gunship and the AT-TE, I want them since the 2002 editions. I had not enough money to buy them.

The TX130-S tank is also on my wishlist because this is a expanded universe vehicle and because it will allow me to get more clones.

I will MAYBE buy the droid gunship, it will depend on the price. It could give a major punch to my CIS air force that actually count just one vulture droid (compared to my republic v-wing, 2 jedi starfighters, arc-170, future republic gunship...).

And finally I will get the homing spider droid. It will fit good with my hailfire droid set, and it includes one of the new clone troopers and one special trooper! (fox) Plus it's a limited edition.

The Spider droid!!!!!! :thumbup: *wub* it!!!!! and the red Fox that comes with it!!!! :thumbup:

I ment droid!

Edited by hollisbrick

The AT-TE, Republic Fighter Tank, Homing Spider Droid and the Droid Gunship to make one big battle scene. This gives me:

CLONES

-AT-TE

-Republic Fighter Tank

-2 clone troopers

-tank pilot clone

-Anakin Skywalker

-Ashoka

-Commander Rex

-Commander Fox

DROIDS

-Droid Gunship

-Homing Spider Droid

-STAP

-2 Battle Droids

-1 Super Battle Droid

-1 Commander

I love the EU addition (the fighter tank) seeing as I'll be getting the red PSP and eventually Renegade Squadron on Friday for my gr. 8 grad. This'll give me a great force with 4 leaders, 3 troops and two vehicles to occupy. The perfect defense force, with a very versatile opposition with one leader. Just as droids to chop up, of course.

alright...

Republic Gunship:

A definate yes for me. The main big set of the year for me. It is required, IMO for a good LEGO Star Wars collection; it played a very important role in Attack of the Clones and will in the upcoming Clon Wars movies and TV series. The design isnt all that great to begin with, not being sleek or fast, but it does have lots of power in terms of battles, and its a troop carrier after all. to make it even more interesting are the figs. Only one normal clone, a dissapointment to all, but still better than nothing, and hopefully TLG will make a CW battle pack in the near future. Next is Commander Cody. The new armour, guns, and colored suit make for a great fig in itself, not to mention the important role he plays in the movies and show. Last but not least are the Jedi. Two of them in this set, one being Obi-Wan Kenobi. Many will dislike the cartoon face, but the hair, lightsaber, and torso make it worthwhile. And last but not least, the main reason oll be geting this set, is Plo Koon. Ive been waiting for alien Jedi a long time, and now theyve made him, Kit Fisto, and Ashoka. Lovely head mold, as well as the torso. He will look very good is my display next to the other jedi.

Now, to the design of the set. Like i said, not sleek or fast, but nessecary. Flick-fire missles may take away from the overall likeness of the model, but kids will enjoy shooting their parents with it :tongue:. Plus, It comes with bubble turrets (or maybe not), a bacta tank, and a speed chair. Overall, a must have for any SW fan.

AT-TE:

Also a very desireble set. Basically, a shiny, six-legged walker and of the same kin of the well known AT-AT, AT-AP, AT-RT, and the like. big turret on the top. Also a [almost] must have. The figs: First is a regular phase 1 trooper, and only one. Again. Next is Rex, the Commander of this set. Again, new armor, guns, and blue color. Next is the Jedi. Two again. Anakin, for those who didnt want the Starfighter, (like me) and is a very good fig, despite its cartoon face. It has very nice hair that ive seen in many customs already, and many more to come, i expect, including some by me. The torso is nice, same with the saber. And last, but this time, least is the Rotta mini-minifig. Just a green turd.

Overall, nice set to have if youre a clone fan. Even if youre not, a good parts pack.

...hope you liked my mini-reviews for now, ill do some more later tonight, and the rest tomorrow, Im getting impatient, gotta see the other EB forums! :laugh:

I tend to only collect episode 4-6 sets so it was going to be a cheap year for me, I just bought a few stormie and rebel battle packs, but that death star looks beautiful, although if it's $600 Australian I won't be able to justify spending that. So it might be a cheap but disappointing year for SW lego for me. To the person that said that they would wait for the Death Star to go on clearance, I admire your optimism in thinking that will ever happen!

I think that the since the price is so flippin outrageous, they will go on sale for at least 100 dollars(USD) less :sadnew:

as promised, heres a few more:

V-19 Torrent:

A good looking set, although a bit too expensive. The wings make it look huge, but its actually not that big. The wing opening feature is very wonderful, and seems to work well. The overall design is sleek and swooshable (i hope its not fragile). Not a lot to say about the figs, just a yellow pilot with red republic markings on the helmet. And even though its not supposed to have a fin on the hemet, im not complaining, becuase its not a big deal. In the end, me getting this set truely depends on if i have enough money at the end of the year. Its not too interesting, especially with Agents, Castle, and Indiana Jones sets to compete with, but still a nice set to have, especially if you're a Clone Wars fan.

Magna Gaurd Fighter:

The design all together seems very sleek and swooshable. The missles im not sure about, i would have to see it in person. A little overproced, in my opinion, for a small ship. But the thing that makes this set a real "ugly" one is the figs. If only TLG had made them like ones in the LSW video games. But of course, they went the wrong way and made a head, hood and cape <insert that tiresome argument> piece attached to a droid body. Not to mention that the head itself looks horrible alone. These figs look a lot like they could be Megablox, or even PlayMobile. What were they thinking? Ill leave it at that.

TX-130S Republic Fighter Tank:

A nice little set, especially if its not too expensive. Though a little stubby, this set could have potential with some modding. Same with the non-spinning turret. The cockpit looks very accurate, however, if a little big compared to the front. The figs are apparently two regular Phase 1 clones. Nothing ecxitng, but a nice way to get more Phase 1 clones. Im hoping the current pics are preliminary, so a commander and/or Jedi can make it in this set (Ki-Adi Mundi and Commander Bacara, anyone?). So far, its the only set with clones from the CW theme that doesnt have a commander. Another must-have for me.

Homing Spider Droid:

An ecxellent set, to say the least. Even though the use of Technic pieces bother me a lot, its still a good idea for stabillity in the legs of the Spider. It will look especially good next to all of the other CIS vehicles released so far (MTT, AAT, STAP, Droid transports [MTT and battlepack versions], Hailfire tank, and Dwarf Spider droid). The figs are also very nice. A Super Battle Droid, a Battle Droid, a commander droid, Commander Fox, and a Clone Trooper are all great army builders. I especially like Commander Fox, the third (and hopefully not the final) commander of the CW sets. This guy has really cool new armor, blasters, and red markings on the suit. The last must buy for me of the new CW sets.

...The last three of the CW sets (DGS and Twighlight) and ANakins Jedi Starfighter will be done tomorrow, as well as the other, non-CW sets.

Edited by JimButcher

What will I buy?

That's simple: "all of it" :thumbup:

The new wave rocks and as a "true believer" I have to get them all - that and I collect Star Wars lego.

The only question is, do I have enough money to buy duplicates?

KimT

i'll be getting all the "real" movie stuff AKA anything from the first original 6 movies as i do every year...

these are all the 2008 sets i either have or want

7668 Rebel scout speeder (have)

7670 Hailfire droid and spider droid (have)

7671 AT-AP (have)

8028 Mini Tie fighter (want)

8029 Mini snowspeeder (want)

10186 General Grevious (want)

10188 Death star (want)

7678 Droid gunship (want)

7681 Homing spider droid (want)

btw, (want) means WILL get :tongue:

Legoman

Edited by legoman

Magna Gaurd Fighter:

The design all together seems very sleek and swooshable. The missles im not sure about, i would have to see it in person. A little overproced, in my opinion, for a small ship. But the thing that makes this set a real "ugly" one is the figs. If only TLG had made them like ones in the LSW video games. But of course, they went the wrong way and made a head, hood and cape <insert that tiresome argument> piece attached to a droid body. Not to mention that the head itself looks horrible alone. These figs look a lot like they could be Megablox, or even PlayMobile. What were they thinking? Ill leave it at that.

I agree I love the sets and I will probably get it along with the spider droid! And I would have rathered the droids of the game instead too :hmpf_bad: they are still alright though..

08 ON!

I will definetly buy the RGS and the AT-TE.

I've been wanting the RGS since I first saw it in stores... and I still can't remember why I didn't buy it then... although I might've been in my dark ages a little (considering space-shortage, and not having that much money...) :sceptic:

The AT-TE is very cool as well, sure I'll be getting a second Anakin, but I can use the torso and hair for a lot of other stuff so...

Perhaps I'll be buying the V-19Torrent as well, it's a cool vessel, and has a clone of course :sweet:

The rest I probably won't be buying because I won't have any money left, and/or it's just not as interesting....

I really really really want the Death Star as well, all those figs :wub:

But I don't have the money for it :cry_sad:

Very good topic :thumbup:

My initial idea was to buy the RGS. It looks like a very good set and is 1000 pieces!! :thumbup:

But now that the Death Star was announced, I won't buy the RGS, just to save some money for that monster! 3800 pieces and so many great minifigs!!!!! :thumbup::blush:

So, I will buy only the Death Star.

In order of preference, here's what I...

:laugh:Will buy:

7681 Separatist Spider Droid - Great set. I like assortment of droids the Separatist Forces have at their disposal and this one looks wicked! Excellent minifig selection too, I love the new phase 1 clones and clone commanders - Fox rules. Might very well be worth multiple purchases.

7675 AT-TE - Missed this first time around and it's a worthy successor. Great Clone Wars vehicle, good selection of minifigs. I prefer the minifig set that comes with the RGS but that's not a big issue.

V-19 Torrent - A big favourite of mine from the Clone Wars Animated series. The cockpit is a little small for my liking compared to the CWA series but that's a good point for customisation.

:classic:Maybe buy:

10188 Death Star - Fantastic playset, so many great features. Superb and varied amount of minifigs but very, very hefty price tag. Will see if I can get it cheaper... somehow.

7679 TX-130S Fighter Tank - Cool tank with a couple of clones but shelf space might make this a no-go!

7676 Republic Gunship - Great ship, one of the best selection of minifigs: Assaj Ventress, Commander Cody, Plo Koon; but I already own the old version.

:sceptic:Won't buy:

7680 The Twilight - I don't mind the chunky, asymmentrical design of this spaceship but there's more or less the same minifigs in the AT-TE set.

Magna Guard Fighter - Only the minifigs are interesting me here. Not that the design of the fighter is bad, there's just other, better sets to fill my already brimming shelf space with.

7678 Droid Gunship - Great design but no minifigs. Shame.

Any sets I don't buy which have decent minifigs I may try to buy from Bricklink, eBay, etc. if the price is right. I'm pretty sure they'll release a new range of battle packs to go with the new film though... fingers crossed!

I will buy the RGS & AT-TE as soon as I can get my fingers on them! :cry_happy: They are just awesome sets with awesome figs and two of the most essential vehicles of the Grand Army of the Republic! :thumbup: Then, I will try to save money for a little while. :hmpf_bad: After Life Day :tongue: , I should have enough again to by the HSD & Fighter Tank. At some point, I will definately get a General Grievous as well (because Double G rulez! :devil: )! I hope he will go on sale some day. :look: I also like the Torrent & Magna Fighter, but I'm kind of unwilling to pay so much money for them! :sceptic: I really want those Magna Guards to stand beside my Grievous fig :cry_sad: and it would be good if I had a clone pilot to fly my RGS! Plus: The wing-folding mechanism of the Torrent is sooo neat! :sad: Then again, I'm almost sure we will get a Phase 1 Clone BP some day, and perhaps there will be a pilot in there... idk. :sceptic: I also unsure about the Droid Gunship. I might get it if it's cheap (which it probably wont :hmpf_bad: ) and if I see a positive review about it. :sadnew:

I'm not gonna get the Twilight (for obvious reasons :wink: ) and not the Death Star. It's a wonderful set :wub: but I'm not a big OT fan and it's way out of my price range! :sceptic:

Of all things i will get:

RGS

AT-TE

TX-130 Fighter Tank

I don't want the set just the figs in the deathstar.

The ones i definetly wont buy would be the twighlight. Don't need the figs. I can get them in the At-te

And the magnaguard ship. It to me looks really stupid.

A maybe for me would be the droid gunship. It looks cool but has no figs.