thenightman89

[MOC] Modular "Back to the Future" Clock Tower

"GREAT SCOTT!" A double-corner style modular of the famous Clock Tower / Court House from "Back to the Future!"

51863626648_503f1eabd4_b.jpg

What a joy and challenge it was to design this MOC! Not only was it a challenge to match the look of the building (classical architecture is particularly sensitive to proportions) but also make sure it fit within the confines of the Modular Building style.

To limit the piece count (and because the inside of the building was never meaningfully shown on-screen), the interior of this MOC is bare-bones but functional (see more pics on Rebrickable).  This leaves you with plenty of fun and opportunity to design your own look. 

Anyone interested can find the instructions here and on Rebrickable.com!

51862586107_4db70460c7_b.jpg

51864202905_73c3a5eb08_b.jpg

This is obviously a popular choice of MOC. I built one last year, but never got around to taking pictures of it. It's funny how different builds can be based on the individual even though the subject matter didn't change.

With all of that said, your MOC looks great. The colors work really well together. I went all dark orange, but the mixture of medium nougat and dark orange always look nice together. The texture on the columns work really well.

Well done. The colors work well in capturing this iconic building in brick. I like your solution for the Ionic columns.

Of course, I couldn't stop at just building the Clock Tower - I have now gone ahead and designed the park that appears in front of the Clock Tower in 1955! 

Surely I'll eventually try to do the 2015 versions of the Clock Tower and its park...but in the meantime, let me know what you think of the 1955 versions!

52068870590_74e0da096a_c.jpg

52068390011_605b1c0488_c.jpg

On 2/7/2022 at 3:42 PM, Kalahari134 said:

"Save the clocktower!"

Anyone else watched the musical?

Ironically in real life it's burned down at least twice. Wildfires.

I think this MOC is amazing. There have been very very very very very many of them but I really like this one.