Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[SR - FB] Galleon Cartagena

blogged.png

CAR 18 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51867848794_923b9b6c7b_b.jpg

A magnificent galleon sails into the Bahía de la Cascada on Charlatan Bay. The following happening 3 months ago.

Early in the morning, as the sun rose, a merchant caravel flying the Mardierians flag sailed towards the galleon Cartagena. Fernando was boatswain on the caravel, "Ahoy" he called. "We have bananas on board that are already ripe and must be eaten. Our crew is too small to eat all the bananas. If you want you can have them for free. If not, we have to throw them into the sea before they get rotten." Capitano Don Raphael de Velázquez of the Galleon Cartagena was pleased to hear that. He thought he could keep his crew and soldiers in a good mood with delicious bananas.

51867533571_66abfa9417_b.jpgCAR 16 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The captain of the caravel asked Don Raphael de Velázquez to pick up the bananas with the rowing boat. So that the distance is not too great, the caravel sails alongside on the starboard side up to 30 meters. After the rowing boat was lowered into the water, the men rowed toward the ship. Aboard the caravel were many sailors carrying bananas from the hold onto the deck. The whole crew and soldiers of the galleon watched with joy as the first boat rowed back with the fruit.

51867533511_2792d154ca_b.jpgCAR 17 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Suddenly there was a loud shout and the caravel's gunports were opened. On the ship's deck, the swivel gun was swung in the direction of the galleon. "Fire", a hail of buckshot was fired from the swivel guns onto the galleon's decks. Panic spread across the deck. People took cover or jumped overboard. Again a call goes out: "Fire" on the caravel's quarterdeck commanded the notorious pirate Captain Kane, a cunning scoundrel who has cojones. The heavy guns fire towards the gunports of the galleon.

51868185270_386e83b305_b.jpgCAR 20 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The sails are set and the caravel sails from the windward side to the galleon. On the ship deck, many pirates got ready to board. As the caravel sailed within range, a large number of bottle grenades were thrown onto the galleon's deck. The bottles were filled with gunpowder and nails. The first grappling hooks flew and some pirates jumped onto the galleon, shouting loudly. The soldiers and sailors were taken by surprise, it was only a short fight. Capitano Don Raphael de Velázquez surrendered to the pirates. Some sailors from the galleon joined the pirates. The rest of the crew was abandoned on an island. The bananas were allowed to keep them.

51868185340_f6a8c2f3af_b.jpgCAR 19 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Captain Kane set course for Tortuga with his two ships. A large shipyard was recently built there. He wanted to repair the severely damaged galleon. The crew was looking forward to the shore leave.

Brethren of the Brick Seas: Class 8

The widest point on the main deck is 24 studs included railing.

The widest point on the cannon deck is 28 studs included hull (without outside hull tile).

The deck is from the aft to the forward railing is 91 studs included railing, at the feet of figurehead is 112 studs.

The waterline is 94 studs.

Total length is 132 studs.

51867532066_d53ec12f6b_b.jpgCAR 15 by Philippe, auf Flickr

In the meantime, I have rebuilt my first galleon. The ship is similar but not the same. There are some improvements.

51866566197_2d511d931e_b.jpgCAR 07 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The angle of the ship's bow is now more oblique. I don't know yet if I really like it. A ship's bow is the hardest part of building for me. There are always gaps or it looks like Tetris.

51866566267_ddd0c9daec_b.jpgCAR 08 by Philippe, auf Flickr

On my first galleon you had to climb the poop deck and forecastle. Now there are stairs everywhere. For that I have 2 guns less.

51866566322_3f684e30c4_b.jpgCAR 09 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The poop deck is a little higher. I have to build a wider ship so I can make it even higher.

51867612203_2ce365978d_b.jpgCAR 10 by Philippe, auf Flickr I changed the front cannons on the main deck.

I changed the Quarter Gallery.

51867612263_a9da02d570_b.jpgCAR 11 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The anchor device is deeper.

51867612338_dd15f67d10_b.jpgCAR 12 by Philippe, auf Flickr

By changing the color, the differences in height of the ship railing are less visible.

51867612418_7e3c2e8b24_b.jpgCAR 13 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51868184995_b1edebec1a_b.jpgCAR 14 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51866565487_8c4da82046_b.jpgCAR 01 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51867611238_511fb2a633_b.jpgCAR 02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51867531611_61e4ff0cfb_b.jpgCAR 03 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51867531751_1d48074f89_b.jpgCAR 04 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51867847189_34503942a0_b.jpgCAR 06 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51868183960_2118a71856_b.jpgCAR 05 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Very impressed by the smooth hull shape of this ship.  She looks lovely from all angles!

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Very impressed by the smooth hull shape of this ship.  She looks lovely from all angles!

Thank you for the compliments. The smooth hull shape was the most important thing for me when building. A ship made of Lego bricks in the shape of a real ship. Your Shinmizu Village was my inspiration for this diorama.

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

Massive ship Nod! Incredible galleon

Thank you for the compliments. The mistakes in building a ship are becoming less and less. I learn with every ship I build. I like the Ships class on Brethren of the Brick Seas. These allow me to build a galleon without having any disadvantages. Only ships of the line and frigates would be boring.

1 hour ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Woo hoo! Another gorgeous ship from you! I love staring at the brick-built beauties you turn out.

Thank you for the compliments. Building is fun, writing a story is more difficult for me. Jameis Farstrider's Guide to Halos was released at the right time. As a pirate, I can't build my own galleon and pay for it. That's why I'm boarding a Mardierian ship.

Amazing! The ship by itself is already breathtaking and filled with plenty of details, deserving of a topic on its own, but the fact that you combined it with almost equally impressing terrain makes it mindblowing. So much to look at!

She is bulky and delicate at the same time! Really fitting for a ship with a size like that! Ofc the background helps too! :pir-love:

I really like the little outdoor porch/deck area on the stern. Fun to think about little minifigs hanging out back there :pir-grin:

Impressive galleon! Definitely an improvement over your last iteration! 

Still hoping that one day you'll build one of your ships with real bricks though! :P

A great ship for sure.  The water though in the first few pics - that was dazzling.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:14 PM, Khorne said:

Amazing! The ship by itself is already breathtaking and filled with plenty of details, deserving of a topic on its own, but the fact that you combined it with almost equally impressing terrain makes it mindblowing. So much to look at! 

Thank you for the compliments. When I finished building the Bahía de la Cascada I thought it would look even better with a ship.

On 2/7/2022 at 8:39 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Some beautiful lines on this ship, and so smoothly put together. I'm very impressed. 

Thank you for the compliments. Building a custom hull is fun and looks good.

20 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

She is bulky and delicate at the same time! Really fitting for a ship with a size like that! Ofc the background helps too! :pir-love:

Thank you for the compliments. That's true, with the background the ship looks even more interesting.

10 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I continue to be in awe of your galleons! :pir-love:

Thank you for the compliments. I like galleons because it's harder to build than a frigate.

10 hours ago, evancelt said:

I really like the little outdoor porch/deck area on the stern. Fun to think about little minifigs hanging out back there :pir-grin:

Thank you for the compliments. It's definitely fun to stay there.

7 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Impressive galleon! Definitely an improvement over your last iteration! 

Still hoping that one day you'll build one of your ships with real bricks though! :P

Thank you for the compliments. It would be really nice to build the ship with real bricks.

7 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

A great ship for sure.  The water though in the first few pics - that was dazzling.

Thank you for the compliments. I am very happy that you like the diorama.

14 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Beautiful galleon. It's a fantastic addition to the rest of the scene, which was a very nice build by itself. 

Thank you for the compliments. You're right. Against the beautiful coastal scenery, the galleon looks even more interesting.

17 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Beautiful ship @NOD! It looks great from every angle and the brick built sails + rigging is awesome. :thumbup:

Thank you for the compliments. I'm so glad you like the sails too. I tried something new while building.

On 7/27/2022 at 12:53 PM, Marooned Marin said:

blogged.png check it out :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you, it's a great honor! :pir-love:

On 7/27/2022 at 12:48 PM, Marooned Marin said:

@NOD somewhere, in one of your posts, you made a wish:

As it happens, writers are in the business of wish fulfilment, so we (Classic-Pirates team) decided to use this MOC and give special coverage to Brethren of the Brick Seas inside the Cartagena post.

I hope this will attract new members to the Sea Rats faction :pir-triumph:

Also, you have been frontpaged pir-eurobricks.png   and blogged.png

I especially like the note on Brethren of the Brick Seas. The game is fun and new players are welcome in all factions. :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by NOD

I didn’t comment before, but it was a pity! The whole scene is impressive, your ship is very realistic in spite of the brick-built sails, you even managed to add strings and crew in LDD! The amount of details (both in the ship and in the coastline scene) is stunning, and the round tower is very original in design!

Keep it up!

On 8/1/2022 at 7:58 AM, Keymonus said:

I didn’t comment before, but it was a pity! The whole scene is impressive, your ship is very realistic in spite of the brick-built sails, you even managed to add strings and crew in LDD! The amount of details (both in the ship and in the coastline scene) is stunning, and the round tower is very original in design!

Keep it up!

Many thanks for the compliments. I am very happy that you like the diorama.