eb_img15.png

Hello friends,

I'm happy to share my neweset creation and first alternate model in 2022.

This Chevrolet Corvette C2 Sting Ray Coupe is an alternate build from the official set 42127 Batman Batmobile. With 1227 parts, this model uses more than 90% of the parts from the Batmobile. No other parts or spare parts are required to build this Corvette alternate model. If you own the set 42127, you can completely build this model without any restriction.

Visit rebrickable for more content and building instructions.

a.gif

Features & Functions

• 1:11 scale
  • HoG steering
  • V8 piston engine
  • very detailed interior
  • openable doors on both sides
  • realistic openable hood to reveal engine
  • pop-up headlights controlled by lever
  • automatic lighting of engine through openable hood
  • lighting in the back to simulate brake light/underground light

Impressions

anim.gif

img8.png

img3.png

img5.png

img4.png

img6.png

img12.png

img2.png

img1.png

n_img0.jpg

Headlights & Lighting

The iconic pop-up headlights are replicated in this model and controlled by a lever inside the armature, which is easily accessible by fingers through the windshield and doors.

n_img1.jpg

By opening the hood, a light is triggered automatically at the highest point to lit up the engine.

n_img2.jpg

The light in the rear can be activated with a lever beside the HoG steering to simulate brake light or underground light.

n_img3.jpg

n_img4.jpg

Interesting to know

The Corvette C2 as the second generation was manufactured from 1962 to 1967. With this model realeased in 2022, you can celebrate the end of production 55 years ago. Only in 1963, the Corvette Coupe was manufactured with splitted rear window and nowadays this Corvette C2 Sting Ray "Split-Window" is very rare and popular. The name Sting Ray is common for the second generation, where the name Stingray was used since the successor Corvette C3.

Instructions

The premium PDF instructions of this Corvette Sting Ray comes with 237 pages of high quality images and building steps for a satisfying building experience. Following are some example pages of the instructions:

i_63_1x.png

i_161_1x.png

i_175_1x.png

i_208_1x.png

Follow this link to get instructions.

The real car manufactured in 1963

real1.jpg

real2.jpg

real3.jpg

Have fun with this replica of Corvette C2 Sting Ray alternate build.

Great build, I always admire how good models people are able to prepare with limitation to parts only included in set.

Looks great! Good job with this alternate model. I also imagine it will look even better with the front wheel size on the rear axle.

2 hours ago, keymaker said:

I always admire how good models people are able to prepare with limitation to parts only included in set.

I recently did a few alternate models and I have to say, with the limited number of parts and limited variety of parts for an alternate build it's sometimes even easier to build a complete model than with the loads of parts available else. It's definitely easier to decide for one solution with a limited choice of parts.

56 minutes ago, johnnym said:

I recently did a few alternate models and I have to say, with the limited number of parts and limited variety of parts for an alternate build it's sometimes even easier to build a complete model than with the loads of parts available else. It's definitely easier to decide for one solution with a limited choice of parts.

"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations." (Orson Welles) :sweet:

Fell in love with the build. One question though: how am I supposed to use the Top Steering when that black beam is positioned right on top of it? Is it kind of modular like that black beam can be taken apart when steering...

2 hours ago, dabo said:

Very nice much better than the original 42127. 

I second that. It seems that @Timorzelorzworz made unattractive Corvette great as Lego version. Perhaps it was smarter that Lego made this stingray as 42093 model ...

1 hour ago, thekoRngear said:

Fell in love with the build. One question though: how am I supposed to use the Top Steering when that black beam is positioned right on top of it? Is it kind of modular like that black beam can be taken apart when steering...

I think your fingers can just go around the beam! Nice alternative build, much butter than the original as others have said.

Very nice! It's a bit unfortunate that the tires have to be different sizes, but it works quite well overall!