Sign in to follow this  
Jefry Been

[IDEAS], [MOC] Steam Locomotive Collecrible

Hello again, passengers! )

Today let me introduce you my NEW collectible Steam Locomotive JB-35.

JB-35 is a custom name (J.B. is my initials and 35 is my age) but in fact locomotive is based on real soviet mainline passenger steam locomotive IS 20-08 (2-8-4). Construction years 1932—1942. At the time of its creation, it was the most powerful passenger steam locomotive in Europe (3200 h.p.) and in the history of the Soviet steam locomotive industry. The winner of the Grand Prix at the World Exhibition in Paris (1937). A feature of the locomotive was a large unification in many details with the FD freight locomotive. 

The model is presented exclusively as an exhibition piece, but after a certain upgrade and the addition of a tender, it can be motorized.

To support as IDEAS project and to see more photos you can see here:

My New Ideas project "Steam Locomotive Collectible"

The real loco:

photo_7_1452367056

Really nice! I supported it even though we know it is difficult to see it become a real set after 10k, the more great trains reach 10k the stronger the signal to LEGO that trains are a cash cow.

Gorgeous locomotive. You've managed to retain a lot of detail given the size of the boiler. Great work and supported.

Members of the train tech forum should bombard iDEAS with train projects this year!!!

:grin:

@Jefry Been My only criticism is that the boiler seems a bit oversized compared to the wheels…? Still looks great though!

On 2/7/2022 at 12:43 PM, JopieK said:

Really nice! I supported it even though we know it is difficult to see it become a real set after 10k, the more great trains reach 10k the stronger the signal to LEGO that trains are a cash cow.

Thanks! Here you are 1000% right! I don't have much hope either, but one day they will release a train through the idea platform. It will be my project or someone else's - it doesn't matter!

23 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Gorgeous locomotive. You've managed to retain a lot of detail given the size of the boiler. Great work and supported.

Thanks a lot! Yes, the boiler here, ideally, is needed with a diameter of 5 or made in slopes, as almost all steam locomotives are made starting from the Emerald Night. But I wanted to maintain a perfectly round shape like the original. Scale in Lego is almost impossible to hit in all respects.

21 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

Members of the train tech forum should bombard iDEAS with train projects this year!!!

:grin:

@Jefry Been My only criticism is that the boiler seems a bit oversized compared to the wheels…? Still looks great though!

1) Yes, just lets do it! I started this mainstream with train projects.... who is next? 

2) Agree, need bigger wheels for this model like those large from BigBenBricks

@M_slug357Thanks for your comment)