StarBricks

SB00601 AR-PROJECT (MOC AT-RT 501 version UCS)

Strength and balance
AR-Project SB00601
UCS scale MOC of the AT-RT (All Terrain Reconnaissance) first appeared in Star Wars episode III Revenge of the Sith.
Here proposed in the livery of the 501.
The design and construction was a challenge to the laws of physics and a "balance exercise".
Composed of 4395 bricks + 1 minifig it is in perfect scale with the TR-Project.

Edited by StarBricks

Holy crap, looks awesome!

edit- Mirko, I think you mean AT-RT not -ST in third sentence.

Edited by KevinMD

Very nicely done, as always, really like the clone trooper, your very good at building brick-built figures.

That's quite incredible - this must be the biggest LEGO AT-RT out there, right?

I love that the scale matches the TR project as well, any chance of a side-by-side picture?

Happy birthday, Mirko! All the best. Hope You never get tired of designing new mocs!

Do you make a break?? "Coming soon" date is  feb 2024 :pir-cry_sad:

Cheers

Stefan

Edited by treffer21

Happy Birthday Mirko!

i have been looking forward to what is next. I don’t know how you find the time but I am glad you always do. Great work

This is ridiculously monumental!

I'm always a sucker for a brick built helmet and your shaping is on point.

The engineering in this is beautifully elegant, well done!

15 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Holy crap, looks awesome!

edit- Mirko, I think you mean AT-RT not -ST in third sentence.

Hi Kevin, yes you are right! Working at night is not good! :-)

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Incredible, I can't believe that thing actually stands, that's amazing! 

He stands upright, in perfect balance. I have been testing the construction for 6 months and it has not dropped 1mm ..

9 hours ago, treffer21 said:

Happy birthday, Mirko! All the best. Hope You never get tired of designing new mocs!

Do you make a break?? "Coming soon" date is  feb 2024 :pir-cry_sad:

Cheers

Stefan

Thanks for the greetings. I have no intention of taking breaks but I always have very little time to devote to this passion of mine and the commitments with my family and my work in the office in the last two years have increased.

Thank you all for your good wishes and compliments. It was a demanding MOC but I am very satisfied with the final result. As usual, I favored design and proportions but I devoted a lot of time to the study of solidity and balance

13 hours ago, StarBricks said:

He stands upright, in perfect balance. I have been testing the construction for 6 months and it has not dropped 1mm ..

Amazing. Really, to make something that's structurally dubious in "real" life out of materials assumably much weaker than the in-universe vehicle, and yet have it be so stable...Go build some bridges, man! :laugh:

And Happy Birthday, of course!

Edited by Mandalorianknight

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Amazing. Really, to make something that's structurally dubious in "real" life out of materials assumably much weaker than the in-universe vehicle, and yet have it be so stable...Go build some bridges, man! :laugh:

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

hahaha! In fact, in my work I deal with anti-seismic structures for residential buildings. Perhaps that is why I dedicate a lot of time to studying the statics of my MOCs.

I'm working on the instructions right now. I don't have a certain date yet but they will surely come out before the TR-Project instructions. I believe in the first months of 2023

15 hours ago, StarBricks said:

I'm working on the instructions right now. I don't have a certain date yet but they will surely come out before the TR-Project instructions. I believe in the first months of 2023

Good to hear Mirko. Thanks for the update.

Hi Hackenbacker, the AR-Project instructions are ready. I just have to do the final checks and correct the texts. They should be available by the end of the year.

3 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Hi Hackenbacker, the AR-Project instructions are ready. I just have to do the final checks and correct the texts. They should be available by the end of the year.

Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know.