Sign in to follow this  
Captain Roger

[MOC] Miyamoto Musahi Duels

Hi:

I have recreated two Miyamoto Musashi duels with Lego. If you don't know, Miyamoto Musashi was a samurai who completely destroyed the Yoshioka school of martial arts by defeating the two masters, who were brothers, in unique duels. Later, he defeated Sasaki Kojiro, who was also a great samurai.

First Duel: Miyamoto Musashi Vs Yoshioka Seijuro

I was inspired (for the scenery and the representation of Seijuro) in one of the movies directed by Tomu Uchida, in which this duel appears. Seijuro's head does not have a suitable head accessory (cap, hair, etc) because the accessory that most convinced me (the bald guy with bandana) does not appear in Bricklink Studio (it seems that not all the pieces are there). If what I'm telling you sounds totally unknown to anyone, Miyamoto Musashi was a samurai who completely destroyed the Yoshioka school of martial arts by defeating in unique duels the two masters, who in turn were brothers.Well, here I show you my MOC, I hope you like it:

yoshiokaduel1.png

yoshiokaduel2.png

Second Duel: Miyamoto Musashi Vs Sasaki Kojiro

If any of you know this story, I think you will see that I have made an effort to characterize the two samurai very well, as they are believed to have been. You will also notice that I have made an effort at historical rigor (it was on an island, Musashi arrived because he was taken there in a boat, and fought with a wooden stick, while Kojiro, more orthodox, used a sword). I hope you like it. Here you have:

musashiduel.png

musashifront.png

kojirofront.png

Hope you like it!

Edited by Captain Roger
Removing spoilers

In another MOC I posted, I have been informed about this:

Rule #1 of postings MOCs is never hide the images in spoilers!

Yes, the topic loads faster but when people first open it, they don't seem any images and move on.

Besides, they then have to wait for the images to load after they manually reveal them, which doesn't speed anything up anyway.

Sorry, I didn't know. I feel embarrased. I used spoilers because pics are large and I don't know how to post it in a reduced way so I thought it would be better... but I was wrong. In any case, I hope you like my Samurai-related MOCs