Mr No

Knights of Valor 2022 rumored theme

Hello friends, I have decided to post this rumour, which comes from my friend, a manager from which I learned that Indiana Jones is indeed coming back this year with 6 sets and I discussed with him about this theme for a week and he finally gave me the ok to post it. According to him, there is a new action castle theme coming in August but it is minidoll based! The theme name is Knights of Valor and he gave me set names too. 

Lego Knights of Valor

41221 Dwarf's lodge $25
41222 Kayla's tournament $35
41223 Aida's treasure tower $50
41224 Trolls attack $40
41225 Dragon of Mortimer $60
41226 Castle of Valor $80

51872653237_958b86e26f_n.jpg

The sets will feature minidoll knights. As always, take it with a grain of salt but he was right about the Indiana Jones line, so I trust him.

Edited by Darkdragon
This is FAKE and FALSE

It's about time we got another minidoll action theme after Elves and DC Superhero Girls were discontinued. The prices and the fact there are 2 female names in the set titles does sound like a minidoll theme. It'll be cool to see what minifig compatible hairpieces we get on the minidolls.

I'm excited to see what we get that I can repurpose for my Nexo Knights.

I hope it's an in house theme rather than based on the Knights of Valor movie.

https://www.backtothemovies.com/justin-and-the-knights-of-valor-out-now-on-vod/

Interesting. “Knights of Valor” doesn’t really sound like a minidoll theme, but if the set numbers are correct, these would come before the DC Superhero Girls sets, so it would make sense. I’m not into castle nor minidolls (although the builds in Friends and Elves are quite good), so I’ll probably skip these unless they have some good parts like Elves did, but good for those who’ve been wanting another Castle/fantasy and/or dolls action theme. 

Need to see the sets for these, but if they're even half as good as Elves then I'm on board. Friends is a really underrated theme and it probably means decent interior space. 

As I said in the history forum, the new theme has:

-new armor and helmet pieces

-it is part of Lego's initiative to have both girls and boys play with minidolls, so I expect the boxes to not be marketed towards girls with pink or purple but both boys and girls, more neutral

I think it has potential! :sweet: 

Also, expect more male minidolls in this theme. 

10 hours ago, Killian said:

It's about time we got another minidoll action theme after Elves and DC Superhero Girls were discontinued. The prices and the fact there are 2 female names in the set titles does sound like a minidoll theme. It'll be cool to see what minifig compatible hairpieces we get on the minidolls.

I'm excited to see what we get that I can repurpose for my Nexo Knights.

I hope it's an in house theme rather than based on the Knights of Valor movie.

https://www.backtothemovies.com/justin-and-the-knights-of-valor-out-now-on-vod/

It's an in house theme, that movie is called Justin and the Knights of Valour, not Valor. 

Edited by Mr No

I'll believe it when I see it. However Elves was the best minidoll thing ever, and one of the best themes of the last 10 years. So I'll take it.
If it does come true the bitch in me will get power from the hatred this will cause in the AFOL community.

And what is your friend a manager of? My dad was a manager of an ice cream place and a friend was a manager of Coke but that doesn't mean I trust their LEGO rumours. :pir_tong2:

11 minutes ago, Maple said:

I'll believe it when I see it. However Elves was the best minidoll thing ever, and one of the best themes of the last 10 years. So I'll take it.
If it does come true the bitch in me will get power from the hatred this will cause in the AFOL community.

And what is your friend a manager of? My dad was a manager of an ice cream place and a friend was a manager of Coke but that doesn't mean I trust their LEGO rumours. :pir_tong2:

At a lego store. 

Minidolls... mehh.

I prefer Figures that can properly sit down, but oh well. If the sets themselves are good, I might pick up some of them and trash the figures.^^

Ooooh. This sounds interesting. Always some lovely accessories in minidoll themes too. 

I will be keeping an eye out.

8 hours ago, neithan said:

Minidolls... mehh.

I prefer Figures that can properly sit down, but oh well. If the sets themselves are good, I might pick up some of them and trash the figures.^^

They can sit down.

My probably with the minidoll design has always been the hands, you can't rotate them to hold things well.

They can sit, but shake it just a little and they fall down. :wink:

That and your point with the hands is a No-Go for me, in my opinion Minidolls are an utter failure compared to minifigs. But that`s just for me, as I stated earlier: if the sets are good, I might grab some.

On 2/5/2022 at 6:22 AM, Mr No said:

Hello friends, I have decided to post this rumour, which comes from my friend, a manager from which I learned that Indiana Jones is indeed coming back this year with 6 sets and I discussed with him about this theme for a week and he finally gave me the ok to post it. According to him, there is a new action castle theme coming in August but it is minidoll based! The theme name is Knights of Valor and he gave me set names too. 

Lego Knights of Valor

41221 Dwarf's lodge $25
41222 Kayla's tournament $35
41223 Aida's treasure tower $50
41224 Trolls attack $40
41225 Dragon of Mortimer $60
41226 Castle of Valor $80

The sets will feature minidoll knights. As always, take it with a grain of salt but he was right about the Indiana Jones line, so I trust him.

Obviously, I am taking this with a considerable amount of 
126xd795ib501.gif

That said, I am intrigued and cautiously optimistic; if the builds are good, and the new accessories/headgear/etc are compatible with Minifigs, this has the potential to be an excellent theme. 

6 hours ago, neithan said:

They can sit, but shake it just a little and they fall down. :wink:

That and your point with the hands is a No-Go for me, in my opinion Minidolls are an utter failure compared to minifigs. But that`s just for me, as I stated earlier: if the sets are good, I might grab some.

To be fair, I can sit down, but will also fall down if someone shakes me.

This could be really good. I think Friends sets are often up there with some of the best. They are interesting to put together, look good, and have great detail. Plus, my daughter loves the play value they bring too (as well as building). The Creator 3in1 castle was good, but really lacked on the inside. Hopefully this will address that, although the price points mean they will all be smaller than 31120, which is a bit of shame, but maybe leaves the door open for a halo set in the theme later.

Knights of Valor, huh? That sounds interesing.

But minidoll theme? Well, it’s kinda disappointment for me. I was just hoping for a minifigure castle/fantasy theme.

But since minidoll and minifigure share the same System, I will gladly grab accessories!

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

I will make sure no one shake you off!

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Hahhaha:)

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

But since minidoll and minifigure share the same System, I will gladly grab accessories!

Sorry, but that is not entirely true. Hats, Headgear (like helmets), bodygear (like armors) are completely different between minifigs and minidolls and not interchangeble. Tools (like knifes, spoons, etc) are interchangeble however minidolls ones are usually bigger (as proportionally minidolls are bigger than minifigs).

1 hour ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Sorry, but that is not entirely true. Hats, Headgear (like helmets), bodygear (like armors) are completely different between minifigs and minidolls and not interchangeble. Tools (like knifes, spoons, etc) are interchangeble however minidolls ones are usually bigger (as proportionally minidolls are bigger than minifigs).

Umm? What?
Hats and headgear fit minifigures and minidolls the same. I use the hair off Friends minidolls all the time. 

Only think that doesn't work is body pieces because the neck piece is different.

Edited by Maple

I am very skeptical about the whole "LEGO wants both boys and girls to play with mini dolls" idea. For the record, we only got that announcement like a few months ago, and it seems to me like they just kind of rushed out in order to get a new theme with that idea. 

And will the theme feature bright "girlish" colors, or will it be like a normal theme, but with mini dolls? 

I have never been particularly a minidoll "hater" myself but this rumor strikes me like a weird experiment that has the potential to fail miserably. The prices for those sets also look unusually high for an original theme, which also could be a big turn away point for many people. 

But hey, don't judge a book by its cover I guess. If this rumor is true, than I'll wait until we get actual pictures to pass my final judgement. 

Edited by Lego David

Sounds like part of Lego's new push to remove gender and sexuality bias from their sets means this will be a minidoll theme that will hopefully appeal to boys as well as girls. Presumably Aida and Kayla are female, but there's bound to be some male knights too.

Since the Friends line just got a gay male couple raising a daughter together and characters in wheelchairs, and a blind character, I expect to see diversity in this new theme.

I wonder if Mortimer will be the bad guy? Like an update to Lego Castle's Mallock the Malign who featured in the Lego Adventures of Clutch Powers movie? I can imagine them going with alliteration with Mortimer the Malign or Mortimer the Magician maybe?

My big hope is that we'll finally get Unicorns! Since Lego Friends/Elves horses have the hole in their forehead where flowers, ribbons and hats plug in, it would be so easy for Lego to release a new horn piece that would turn any minidoll horse into a unicorn. Knights need their steeds right?

14 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

I was talking about swords and shields. 

What is this rumor???

*oh2*

It sounds a lot like Fantasy Era

I wonder if the animals or creatures like the trolls will be Friends/Elves-styled. 

If they want to target this to boys/girls they would have to take a less "cute" with animals and such, right?

Honestly this is just kind of irritating.

Imo TLG took a big misstep when creating minidolls. They really just should've made the Friends sets with regular minifigures, and not split the figure system in two by traditional gender roles or whatever. I'm certain it would've been just as succesful.

Now they're creating another theme that generally has the potential of genderless appeal, but yet again they're splitting it off from the majority of playsets. LEGOs success was based on sticking to one system.

And, I mean, we all know minifigures are just superior in every single way (except for maybe height, but as a tall guy let me tell you; it's overrated).

Edited by Alegrispa