Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

Is there information on when the Mercedes AMG Project One comes out?

And will there be a non RC version?

The box says set number C61503W. But thats already the V12 hypercar, so is the number a placeholder?

There are pictures on page 26 with the box showing that its RC.

But it would be great to get a non-RC version, like on the other car from Bruno, the Ferrari 488

The LaFerrari is non-motorized.

Edited by Polarlicht

On that same topic, it comes to mind that I want to buy the Italian Supercar but I’m really struggling to decide if I should get the static or motorized version.

I read somewhere that Bruno Jenson designed the car with the motor in mind, and the static version is a CaDa modification.

l'm pretty sure I won't be playing much with the car, and the battery will eventually die.

Do you think it is worth getting the motorized version?

2 hours ago, jmordoj said:

On that same topic, it comes to mind that I want to buy the Italian Supercar but I’m really struggling to decide if I should get the static or motorized version.

I read somewhere that Bruno Jenson designed the car with the motor in mind, and the static version is a CaDa modification.

l'm pretty sure I won't be playing much with the car, and the battery will eventually die.

Do you think it is worth getting the motorized version?

I got the yellow version, which is RC only, and i just left all RC stuff out of the build.

Only red one comes in 2 versions, RC or without RC

I replaced the motors inside with a couple of technic parts to support surrounding structures, and connected the paddle shifters with an axle to the gearbox (literally just an axle where the servo would have been), and thats it iirc.

I can recommend it!

I wanted the yellow version because i liked the color better, and also had in mind using the RC components for other builds.

But if you like red better, and don't need the RC stuff not even for other builds, then definitely get the static version!

Edited by Polarlicht

Does anyone know what happened to the Liebherr, I mean Goliath Dump Truck? Seems to have disappeared from CaDA's page completely. Maybe not so legal after all to release known vehicles without a license?

6 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Does anyone know what happened to the Liebherr, I mean Goliath Dump Truck? Seems to have disappeared from CaDA's page completely. Maybe not so legal after all to release known vehicles without a license?

Well, the CaDA Dump Truck should be as legal as Lego's 10258 Routemaster, I mean London Bus and Lego's 10290 Ford, I mean Pickup.

Some say the Mercedes might come out this may, some say 2024🤔

Anyway, if its RC, then i hope it comes with metal u-joints again

16 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Anyway, if its RC, then i hope it comes with metal u-joints again

Well, Bruno has even mentioned composite gears on the thread. So I think metal joints and maybe the odd carbon axle is safe to hope for.

1 hour ago, Polarlicht said:

One seller already listed it on their website for $200. May sounds more likely. Especially given that it seems pretty much ready for launch, based on the built model as well as box seen at Nuremberg.

Yeah i think so too. Why would they show it over a year before launch anyway...

I also hope for carbon axles. Really wanna try them out at some point. My yellow 488 pista should have gotten them in the box (???), but only had the metal joints. I bought it on Amazon and i think it came directly from china, with the original yellow box tho.

What are composit gears?

On 2/7/2023 at 10:47 PM, LvdH said:

One seller already listed it on their website for $200. May sounds more likely. Especially given that it seems pretty much ready for launch, based on the built model as well as box seen at Nuremberg.

I'm waiting for both AMG One and Laferrari but for the tactical sale force, why Cada need to push many highend cars at the same time. They can sale quater by quater to take your hard earned money.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:57 AM, R0Sch said:

Hi. The disappearance of the set from the store is not related to the lack of licenses or lego patents. CADA decided to end its production.

Hello? I wonder if it's possible to operate with two battery boxes and teo RC controllers the same time? Or each controller will operate all turned on batteryboxes in the radius? Is it possible to divide them?

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

Hello? I wonder if it's possible to operate with two battery boxes and teo RC controllers the same time? Or each controller will operate all turned on batteryboxes in the radius? Is it possible to divide them?

Each CaDA controller is paired with one receiver/battery box when you turn them on. Thus you cannot operate many receivers with one controller and cannot operate one receiver with many controllers. Naturally, you can operate as many pairs as you want simultaneously.

This seems too easy so I'll confuse it a bit:  I have some CaDA controllers that can be paired with different receivers (one at the time, of course) and some CaDA controllers that will work with only one particular receiver :D . Go figure.

Edited by dmaclego

6 hours ago, dmaclego said:

Each CaDA controller is paired with one receiver/battery box when you turn them on. Thus you cannot operate many receivers with one controller and cannot operate one receiver with many controllers. Naturally, you can operate as many pairs as you want simultaneously.

This seems too easy so I'll confuse it a bit:  I have some CaDA controllers that can be paired with different receivers (one at the time, of course) and some CaDA controllers that will work with only one particular receiver :D . Go figure.

I have to receivers 2,4GGz and two battery boxes, both are also 2.4 GGz. Could you please tell me in what order should I turn everything on?

2 hours ago, Aleh said:

I have to receivers 2,4GGz and two battery boxes, both are also 2.4 GGz. Could you please tell me in what order should I turn everything on?

Press the button on the battery box and it's going to blink red, waiting for connection. Then press the small orange button on the top of the controller. Connection should be established immediately: green light on the controller will blink once or twice and turn off. In the same time the red light on the battery box will stop blinking and will stay on. If you have motors or lights connected to the battery box, you may now control them with two levers on the top of the controller and four buttons on the front side. If you do not use them for some time (I'd say minutes, not seconds), the battery box will shut down to save energy and you will have to repeat the procedure. (Although sometimes, after a short time, it will be enough to press the button on the battery as it will remember to which controller it was paired before.)

If you try the above and green light on the controller keeps blinking endlessly, it means you don't have a connection. This may either mean that your battery box requires charging or that your devices cannot be paired. But if you bought them together (in a set or as spare parts from CaDA store), it should never happen. If it does, though, you should contact the seller.

Edit: Naturally, once you have the first pair of devices, you may connect more pairs the same way and use them all simultaneously. They will not interfere with one another.

Edited by dmaclego

12 hours ago, dmaclego said:

Edit: Naturally, once you have the first pair of devices, you may connect more pairs the same way and use them all simultaneously. They will not interfere with one another.

Needed only this information! Thank you very much dmaclego!

I just checked the CADA online store and noticed that they no longer offer a number of parts: 4L pins, carbon fiber axles, and a black variant 48989 / 65489. I wonder if there's a reason for this. I was loving those 4L pins! 

On 2/20/2023 at 1:03 AM, shroomzofdoom said:

I just checked the CADA online store and noticed that they no longer offer a number of parts: 4L pins, carbon fiber axles, and a black variant 48989 / 65489. I wonder if there's a reason for this. I was loving those 4L pins! 

That's a bummer, I wanted to order from those pins!

The spare parts section in the online store has been restored. I´ve suggested to include more parts, such as 13x3 and smaller 9x3 bowed panels, once there´ll be enough in stock.

Thijs´ LaFerrari inspired "Viva Hypercar" is available too - grab your hands on it asap before the first batch gets sold out!

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

How funky! :head_back:

This is most likely a typo. It´s funny indeed, scrolling further down where the other attributes are being "described" by the translator robot. How about "large area intake grille" or my favourite "lightweight rearview mirror"? :head_back: 

Seriousy - their marketing department doesn´t consist of an army of snobbish overpaid brainstormers. I think one can easily overlook such little inconsistencies, considering you´re getting the set for half the price of the boring Daytona :thumbup:. And it doesn´t belittle the great technical achievements in this model by the master builder Thijs de Boer. Just look at the modularity, the love for so many details - the Daytona is absolutely no match to it.

Edited by brunojj1