Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

I'm not suprised CADA get lot of licenced set. They already got tons of licenses because that's because CADA's parent company, Double E, has licensed multiple companies while making multiple scale RC products (not blocks).

Instead, I'm more surprised that there is a company that has licensed both CADA and Lego, like CLASS.

2 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Instead, I'm more surprised that there is a company that has licensed both CADA and Lego, like CLASS.

Or TLG has lost the CLAAS license.

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

I'm not suprised CADA get lot of licenced set. They already got tons of licenses because that's because CADA's parent company, Double E, has licensed multiple companies while making multiple scale RC products (not blocks).

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Or TLG has lost the CLAAS license.

Neither nor. It depends what kind of product & specific model it is - whether RC, bricked, Technic and different scale. You can sell the 8-wide bricked licence for Speed Chamipions to TLG, the 1/14 RC license to Rastar and the 1/8 diecast license to Amalgam for the same vehicle. Or sell one license to multiple different companies if all parties agree on certain conditions, willing to compete without exclusivity. Brands like Ferrari or Lego in general might not agree on some conditions valid for the rest of the mortal world. Why? Because they can, being the most powerful brands in the world. I estimate half the money on their price stickers is just brand value = license costs. Some of their premium producst are totally neglecting consumer behaviour, supply-and-demand-situation or whatever. It all depends on each specific product, the conditions are variable.

On 3/10/2023 at 5:53 AM, EricZhou said:

Is it an AMG official licensed one ?

I don’t think getting this license is too far fetched, I have a few Mercedes Benz toys from Double E (CaDa parent company), and they are very good, so they have worked before.

3FD04AB9-B665-465E-AA3E-99F047866598.jpeg

DAD6316F-4A50-4ABD-973F-41087E76C7ED.jpeg

On 3/10/2023 at 6:39 PM, brunojj1 said:

Why would you wanna doubt it? I think it´s obvious, after all we´re not dealing here with scum like Mould King and consorts. Yet you will have to wait until summer after production launch, until final release, when all the approvals will be valid. Licenses cost money and are granted for certain periods, for you understanding.

Thank you , that give me faith, I am very glad Cada finally get official licensed. I like your 488, and I enjoy make it,the only problem of 488 is not licensed , so the AMG is a big milestone. All through this decade, the technic set is more like real model not just abstract one with rich functions , that is a wonderful improvement.(Pic: 2 of my sets, your 488 and lego 8069)

截屏2023-03-13 10.58.29.jpg

On 3/7/2023 at 7:38 PM, LvdH said:

800x651.jpeg

I think some will appreciate this one. Upcoming model from CaDA, designed by Eric Trax. 

I see new 2 parts, Dockingstation , MicroMotor, so I am  very curious , what will they use for...

The 2 Micro motors will probably be used for the actuators, then 4 medium motors for the rest: tracks, tracks, swivel, boom raise. Maybe doubled up on swivel or boom raise?

The docking station is interesting though. Is it going to be for splitting the signal to the 2 motors which double up? Or as an extension for 1 motor, or can it deliver different different functions, like a canbus?

10 hours ago, EricZhou said:

I see new 2 parts, Dockingstation , MicroMotor, so I am  very curious , what will they use for...

Micromotor is not a new part.

6 hours ago, amorti said:

The 2 Micro motors will probably be used for the actuators, then 4 medium motors for the rest: tracks, tracks, swivel, boom raise. Maybe doubled up on swivel or boom raise?

The docking station is interesting though. Is it going to be for splitting the signal to the 2 motors which double up? Or as an extension for 1 motor, or can it deliver different different functions, like a canbus?

You weren't close :pir-classic: To avoid guesswork, the electronics diagram looks like this:

1) Battery Box (undercarriage)
- 2x Micromotor for each track

2) Battery Box (upperframe)
- 2x Medium motor + docking station for the boom
- 1x Medium motor for stick (2nd arm)
- 1x Medium motor for bucket
- 1x Medium motor for swing drive

The excavator upperframe is not connected to the undercarriage so the excavator has no rotation limitation. 

Probably been discussed, but why do the use different plugs and connectors for electrical components now? (same ones as lego does)

I love how versatile the older "power functions" plugs were!

51 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Probably been discussed, but why do the use different plugs and connectors for electrical components now? (same ones as lego does)

I love how versatile the older "power functions" plugs were!

Power function connectors are patented and CaDA wants to avoid every single infringement. The old connectors will probably dissappear when the new ones (different than powered up) are on the market.

Edited by efferman

5 hours ago, eric trax said:

2x Micromotor for each track

Out of couriosity: are these strong enough? And if so, why not use them on the actuators? 

5 hours ago, Jundis said:

Out of couriosity: are these strong enough? And if so, why not use them on the actuators? 

It's actually pretty strong but very slow. Maybe that speed make linear extremely slow.

16 hours ago, msk6003 said:

It's actually pretty strong but very slow. Maybe that speed make linear extremely slow.

13 hours ago, EricZhou said:

i find this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFXEQeOJkow

the Micro motor is even more powerful than the Medium motor, but low speed 

Yes indeed. Micromotor has a very large reduction so it's to slow for the actuators.

Micromotor - 342 rpm vs. M Pro Motor - 1340 rpm

Interesting fact is micro ones are storng enough to move whole model without problem. The excavator weighs over 2 kg

16 minutes ago, eric trax said:

Yes indeed. Micromotor has a very large reduction so it's to slow for the actuators.

Micromotor - 342 rpm vs. M Pro Motor - 1340 rpm

Interesting fact is micro ones are storng enough to move whole model without problem. The excavator weighs over 2 kg

It all depends on the gear reduction and the actual application. I wouldn´t say it´s too slow for actuators - you can swap gears the other way round too. You are so lucky you have no need for speed :wink:.. I´m struggling with 2x buggy motors which can´t move my 3kg car prototype properly (AWD), because I have the duty to beat some records and always invent an unseed drivetrain, nothing less will ever satisfy me :shrug_confused:... 

On 3/11/2023 at 10:53 PM, eric trax said:

One hint I can tell you is that the excavator has a new part that @SaperPL and I designed especially for this set and many Technic AFOLs will love it as soon as they see it.

I'm pretty disappointed that noone started asking about this part after this teaser from @eric traxIt's actually still pretty mind blowing to me that we could manage to print a prototype of it that worked well for his model on a FDM printer :P

41 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

I'm pretty disappointed that noone started asking about this part after this teaser from @eric traxIt's actually still pretty mind blowing to me that we could manage to print a prototype of it that worked well for his model on a FDM printer :P

I would ask, but i know how less permission i have to say something about my models. And why asking when you are not allowed to answer?

Just now, efferman said:

And why asking when you are not allowed to answer?

Trax was showing off various details, so he knows what and when he can show off, I have no idea what's the exact deal with that. I assumed that there was a reason that Trax teased the info about the new part, and I thought there would be a response to that.

11 minutes ago, amorti said:

Is it the bucket?

I guess not. It seems to be the same on C61082W.

Wait, Eric said there are two motors in the undercarriage and it has unlimited rotation: A electric slew spool? or is the second battbox in the undercarriage?

The Cada Micro motors are quite nice. Got a pair from via AliExpress a couple weeks ago (approx. 9€/pcs).
The ones i got still have the PF connector.