Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

Clever design made in shortest time :pir-oh3:! The center of gravity sits perfectly low, so the truck doesn´t tip in corners at this insane speed, very impressive! From an aesthetic aspect it looks pretty neat as well. The front bumpers cautiosly prevent serious damage to the front axle. And no need for an expensive 12V BuWizz in this case :wink: :thumbup:.

30 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

in shortest time

yep, roundabout 2 and a half days including instruction.

30 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

And no need for an expensive 12V BuWizz in this case

yes, the power to weight ratio is on the good side in this case, but it is not easy to control with an on/off throttle.

Edited by efferman

8 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Which part is not buildable with lego? Do you mean the motors?

sorry for the misunderstanding, but you need a 3x19 Frame which is not available by cada.

3 hours ago, efferman said:

sorry for the misunderstanding, but you need a 3x19 Frame which is not available by cada.

Oh, it's the other way around, my bad then, I misunderstood that.

You use an interesting piece for the front grill. What's that? Is it Cada? Tracks?

6 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

You use an interesting piece for the front grill. What's that?

it is a type of panel which cada is using on there rifle sets. Not my theme, but they are good part packs.

14 minutes ago, efferman said:

it is a type of panel which cada is using on there rifle sets. Not my theme, but they are good part packs.

Thanks, good to know!

Does anybody know how to get a new Cada white top battery box with a controller?

There's https://decadastore.com/products/cada-500mah-battery-box-new-version-jv1010-white but that's without a controller and there's no option to get a separate controller.

There's https://decadastore.com/products/cada-2-4g-radio-control-set-jv1010-jv8011 combo but that looks like the old version of the battery box even though it's also called a JV1010. The latter also makes me wonder if the new battery box requires a new JV8011 controller or not. If not then I could get the battery box from Cada and the controller from someone else. 

I looked at sets containing the new battery box at that seems to be only the 1:8 Apollo which is too expensive for my aim.

Also looked at other shops but they all seem to be selling the old version only.

I sent the question to Cada as well but haven't gotten a reply yet.

I also wonder if anyone knows whether the new Cada battery box works with non Cada motors, especially non Cada buggy motors. I suppose it should be then again it says it's 7.4v instead of at least 9v which seems odd.

6 hours ago, mla2 said:

I also wonder if anyone knows whether the new Cada battery box works with non Cada motors, especially non Cada buggy motors. I suppose it should be then again it says it's 7.4v instead of at least 9v which seems odd.

I can't answer most of your questions, but I think I can answer this one!

As far as I know, almost all of the rechargeable batteries out there for Lego are rated at 7.4V, which is the nominal voltage of two lithium cells wired in series, making it very easy to achieve that voltage. Older Buwizzes and that fancy aftermarket PU hub battery had some kind of voltage controller that let them choose the voltage (at least somewhat?) independently of the actual cells present, letting them achieve different numbers, like 11V and 9V flat. Buwizz 3.0 instead has three lithium cells in series, I believe, making for a simple nominal voltage of 11.1V.

56 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I can't answer most of your questions, but I think I can answer this one!

As far as I know, almost all of the rechargeable batteries out there for Lego are rated at 7.4V, which is the nominal voltage of two lithium cells wired in series, making it very easy to achieve that voltage. Older Buwizzes and that fancy aftermarket PU hub battery had some kind of voltage controller that let them choose the voltage (at least somewhat?) independently of the actual cells present, letting them achieve different numbers, like 11V and 9V flat. Buwizz 3.0 instead has three lithium cells in series, I believe, making for a simple nominal voltage of 11.1V.

Thanks. I guess you're saying this mean a Buwizz motor would work on the Cada battery? At the same speed?

On 1/1/2023 at 11:51 AM, efferman said:

I have a small and speedy 3 Day project for you.

A Race truck, 15 wide, 350 parts and powered by two CaDA buggys :cannon:

instruction: https://bricksafe.com/pages/efferman/speedy-delivery-a-race-truck

This looks fun! I'm a bit confused by step 11-12 however. Does the instruction mean to remove the gears from the motor and swap their position? I've never seen an instruction step like this. :-)

4 minutes ago, shroomzofdoom said:

This looks fun! I'm a bit confused by step 11-12 however. Does the instruction mean to remove the gears from the motor and swap their position? I've never seen an instruction step like this. :-)

It doesn't mean anything, it happens sometimes with custom parts imported into Stud.io which internally contain subparts.

1 hour ago, shroomzofdoom said:

Does the instruction mean to remove the gears from the motor and swap their position?

no, because the Motor is a custom part and a submodellgroup the partlist is sometimes a little bit weird.

29 minutes ago, efferman said:

no, because the Motor is a custom part and a submodellgroup the partlist is sometimes a little bit weird.

Ah, OK, Thanks. Appreciate you sharing the instructions! 

3 hours ago, mla2 said:

Thanks. I guess you're saying this mean a Buwizz motor would work on the Cada battery? At the same speed?

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty confident it would work, but not at the same speed as the Buwizz. Speed is roughly proportional to voltage, and Buwizz can give up to 11.1 nominal volts, as opposed to the 7.4V of the CADA box. It'll work; it just won't be as fast. Roughly 66.6% of the speed, I believe.

I guess I was just trying to say that the 7.4V of the CADA box is quite normal--the same as old PF rechargeable battery boxes and lots of other things.

Actually, come to think of it, I think we can infer that the Buwizz motors will function just fine at 7.4V, because I'm sure it's compatible with the older Buwizz 2.0s, which had lower-voltage modes, in a similar range. I don't see them making a motor that wouldn't operate at voltages their batteries put out.

Also, if it's of any value, I've used generic Chinese buggy motors on 7.4V batteries lots of times, and it works no problem; just slower.

Finally I can reveal my next collaboration with cada:

'Viva Hypercar', inspired by the magnificent Ferrari LaFerrari. The model will be hit the market after the Chinese new year in ferbruari. The first leaks started appearing on social media so I decided it was finally rime to reveal the car. Fore details will follow. 

box%20front.jpg

box%20rear.jpg

I presented my Lego built model in a new topic, but please discuss CaDa related matters in this topic. Thanks and have a good weekend!

Looked up Chinese New Year online and it says 22 JAN.  If this is offered after the CNY, then it should actually be available in JAN?  Forgive my ignorance on this, dont know much about the CNY.  

2 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Looked up Chinese New Year online and it says 22 JAN.  If this is offered after the CNY, then it should actually be available in JAN?  Forgive my ignorance on this, dont know much about the CNY.  

1 CNY = 0.15 USD 

https://www.google.com/search?q=cny+to+usd&oq=cny+to+usd&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i512l7.7308j1j7&client=ms-android-motorola&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

hope it is a little help...

27 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Lol...what?  I abbreviated Chinese new year with CNY.  Guess I shouldn't have. Not looking for Chinese yuan conversion rates

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

Lol...what?  I abbreviated Chinese new year with CNY.  Guess I shouldn't have. Not looking for Chinese yuan conversion rates

just wanted to show you what CNY abreviation is :wink:

4 hours ago, 1gor said:

just wanted to show you what CNY abreviation is :wink:

lol....I like it  :laugh:

5 hours ago, T Lego said:

@nerdsforprez Sorry, I meant the chinese new year holiday, which according to the cada website ends on the 30th of January. You will get a pop up on the website https://decadastore.com/

Thxs.  First day buy for me. I have always loved this car, excited to build in Lego Technic.  errr... well.... you know what I mean  :grin:

Edited by nerdsforprez

@nerdsforprez anything to make people at least a little bit heapier is worth trying, even in such situation when abbreviation really can meqn anything.

kind regards

(I hope that where you live, you don't have polar winter, or storms, fluds...as we here from news from U.S.A. lately)