Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

Taking apart more models yesterday; I’d say 1 out of every 10 pins I removed broke on Cada models. Other than that, they seem pretty solid. 

3 hours ago, efferman said:

i guess one buggy is the max for the gearbox and you know, the battbox is limited in delivering Power.

Sounds reasonable. Although I´d try 2x buggy motors, the battery could handle that, considering the chassis is not very heavy and you´re using only 1x servo in the center instead of one per axle. Don´t know how well braced your gearbox is... In theory it would be great to have a crawling mode and a high speed mode allowing to jump over / crash some Lego cars :moar:...

10 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Don´t know how well braced your gearbox is...

My fear is more to get melted plastics.

Found this pic on the Aliexpress. Seems to be the new Cada RC system as @9v systemsystem said above.

Edit: or Not. Thought the "Master" was obious, seems I was wrong lol

Edited by Gray Gear

Hm, it says "Compatible with Brand". Hub size seems to be only 9x6x3 and rechargable. Advanced CaDa technology, better than the original. Only minus is, that it has only 3 ports. Still good enough for basic models. But I miss the lights.

5 minutes ago, kodlovag said:

Hm, it says "Compatible with Brand". Hub size seems to be only 9x6x3 and rechargable. Advanced CaDa technology, better than the original. Only minus is, that it has only 3 ports. Still good enough for basic models. But I miss the lights.

Yeah, some button or on-off switch at the Remote be awesome as an option for the middle (B) and/or right (C) port (so, you have the lights or permanent motor rotation for driven'n'steer or tracked model).
Would it be presented here = instant buy for me!

Edited by Void_S

Wow, that looks very interesting!
The non-stackable plug is a big downside, though.
Are we sure it's CADA? I don't see the name anywhere on there.

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

The non-stackable plug is a big downside, though.

My other question if these sockets are Control+ compatible? E.g., if I can use this hub and remote and left the original Control+ motors...

8 minutes ago, Void_S said:

My other question if these sockets are Control+ compatible? E.g., if I can use this hub and remote and left the original Control+ motors...

Looks like no. Connector looks like mindstorms NXT/EV3 but notch is positioned in middle.

This is NOT the new RC system from CaDA! There is only a new hub system, which is not compatible with Lego or any other brand, but the devices are pretty the same.

800x450.JPG

640x395.JPG640x434.JPG

There will be a new RC system from CaDA though - it´s still in development !

I´m not allowed to reveal any of that and can´t tell you anything about release dates, because it´s still under development. Most likely it will feature a new controller with proportional joysticks, a stronger battery and new servos with proportional control. Maybe there will be an app too, we don´t know yet. Please be patient and stay tuned!

Edited by brunojj1

Thanks for giving us an answer on that one, @brunojj1!

I think I'm glad that that isn't a CADA system, because it looks pretty awkward overall.

That updated CADA system does look kind of annoying, though. What's gained (from a consumer standpoint) by using a new, proprietary plug? I'd much prefer continued compatibility with the Lego and generic stuff I already have. At least they have a solution for "stackable" plugs, though!

This all-new system in development sounds worth waiting for, though!

21 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

That updated CADA system does look kind of annoying, though. What's gained (from a consumer standpoint) by using a new, proprietary plug? I'd much prefer continued compatibility with the Lego and generic stuff I already have. At least they have a solution for "stackable" plugs, though!

I wish I could give you a good answer to that. From a technical standpoint I simply don´t know. Well, let´s say it´s kinda product politics. Diversification from other competitors is becoming more and more important.

24 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

This all-new system in development sounds worth waiting for, though!

Let´s hope for the best! At least I´m trying to push them into the right direction, being one of the most hardcore consumers myself :wink:.

If Cada is the first with proper proportional servos, the plugs won't matter as we'll throw all our old stuff out!

Stacked plugs are cool, but not really a deal breaker for me. If you can instead have one motor with the power of two, you don't need to stack anything.

10 minutes ago, amorti said:

If Cada is the first with proper proportional servos, the plugs won't matter as we'll throw all our old stuff out!

Or just make up some custom adapter wires for old non-servo motors?

11 minutes ago, amorti said:

Stacked plugs are cool, but not really a deal breaker for me. If you can instead have one motor with the power of two, you don't need to stack anything.

Yeah, it would have been nice to retain, but given the splitter box in the lower right of that first picture, I think all the essential capacity will remain, even if it's a touch more annoying.

19 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

I wish I could give you a good answer to that. From a technical standpoint I simply don´t know. Well, let´s say it´s kinda product politics. Diversification from other competitors is becoming more and more important.

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. Trying to distance themselves more from Lego, I guess.

Anyone else have the CADA RC/Buggy motors? Do they operate a tad on the loud/rough side? Gotta be honest, I love almost everything I bought from them but I don't think these will go the distance.

10 minutes ago, shroomzofdoom said:

Anyone else have the CADA RC/Buggy motors? Do they operate a tad on the loud/rough side? Gotta be honest, I love almost everything I bought from them but I don't think these will go the distance.

Have two, but unfortunately build in one of my bikes which I wasn't able to drive. I have the same feeling for the micromotors.. at least when used with the 12V from a Buwizz..

Question to the experts: I expect their specs to work until 9V, correct?

On the other side I am curios if one could build a 8stud speed champion stale RC car (skid steering, disensembling a batterybox to get the batt and the receiver in somehow + doing a fitting body) - but I guess from the huge size of all brands rc receivers, I can only think of a truck, no flat supercar.. :(

But at least skidsteering is working with them.. Meet Stuart - a only-13-part-car to test the motors 😂

17 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

This is NOT the new RC system from CaDA! There is only a new hub system, which is not compatible with Lego or any other brand, but the devices are pretty the same.

This system of plugs does not make too much sense to me, because it seems that it does not bring the advantages of the Lego PU plug. That one was made to allow control of speed servos, which feature these Cada motors don't have I guess. They cannot, I believe, if the splitter is present. This is why Lego will never release a splitter I think; it makes it impossible to control the motors (in speed servo mode), as the firmware needs speed feedback from the motors, and when you put two motors on one port with a splitter, you cannot tell apart the signals coming back from the two motors.

17 hours ago, amorti said:

If you can instead have one motor with the power of two, you don't need to stack anything.

That would be the way to go. I'd really love to see a more powerful motor with precise speed control and proper form factor (the buggy motor's form factor is pretty limiting, and no proper speed control). All MOCs are stacking motors, which is just silly to me. It takes up a lot of space, needs gearing to connect (more space), and strong framing to hold the gears (more space). I'm not expecting that from Lego though, as they already wasted the XL motor on something that's marginally better than the L motor, and it's pretty unlikely they'd come up with something like XXL (they don't even have proper M and S motors in the lineup). But the competitor brands don't seem to innovate too much either on this topic, except for somewhat stronger Cada L motors. How much stronger are they actually? Can one substitute 2x Lego motors? And how precise control is there for them? Is the remote joystick properly proportional?

34 minutes ago, amorti said:

@gyenesvi : @brunojj1's red supercar is a proper 1:8, and it drives at a respectable speed with 2* Cada L motors at 7.2v.

Ask yourself how many Lego L motors that would take.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at because I highly doubt there is a noticeable difference in driving speed between the various brands of motors. 

6 minutes ago, LvdH said:

driving speed between the various brands of motors. 

CaDa M motor is more powerfull (speed and torque) than LEGO one.

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

I’m not sure what you’re getting at because I highly doubt there is a noticeable difference in driving speed between the various brands of motors. 

Well, you're simply wrong. Go get some of those motors and try it.

7 hours ago, amorti said:

Well, you're simply wrong. Go get some of those motors and try it.

You made the claim. The burden of proof is on you :wink: 

9 hours ago, M_longer said:

CaDa M motor is more powerfull (speed and torque) than LEGO one.

That’s wonderful but Bruno’s supercar doesn’t use M motors.