Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

@artic13 : Why not simply add a second L motor, regardless CaDA or Lego and change the gear reduction?

i dont have that skill :pir-grin: to work with gear and bricks since im just new in this techniq kind of thing.

can i put 2nd L motor like this ? or still i have to make gear reduction

52522421509_8313e5e610_b.jpg

Thank you.

Edited by artic13

I won´t tell you :pir-tongue:! Please do yourself a favour and try-and-error a little bit. What can happen in worst case? Damage a gear, so what? Discover the joy of sensation after having figured that out, my friend :wink:!

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

I won´t tell you :pir-tongue:! Please do yourself a favour and try-and-error a little bit. What can happen in worst case? Damage a gear, so what? Discover the joy of sensation after having figured that out, my friend :wink:!

hahaha yes thats the spirit of creativity, many thanks 🙏

16 hours ago, artic13 said:

hahaha yes thats the spirit of creativity, many thanks 🙏

make gear reduction 8 to 24 gears and use 24 tooth gear with clutch if you don't want to use L motor as servo

Edited by 1gor

20 hours ago, 1gor said:

make gear reduction 8 to 24 gears and use 24 tooth gear with clutch if you don't want to use L motor as servo

thanks for the tips realy helpfull, i search on youtube that 24T+clutch was awsome. i manage to create gearbox with it,  but not satisfied its too bulky and not efecient because im still have poor knowledge combination of technic parts. i will share the files hope someone give input so i can enhanced it. thank you 

On 11/25/2022 at 10:39 AM, artic13 said:

can i put 2nd L motor like this ? or still i have to make gear reduction

Two motors and the gearbox is still included (io File)

52525624327_799930f763_c.jpg

The rear axle had to be modified th get enough space for the motors. A benefit is the direct connection of the rims to the portal hubs.

You can use the Front axle of the set when you want, but i have widened the steering mechanism by 4 studs to align the trackwidth on both axles.

1 hour ago, efferman said:

Two motors and the gearbox is still included (io File)

52525624327_799930f763_c.jpg

The rear axle had to be modified th get enough space for the motors. A benefit is the direct connection of the rims to the portal hubs.

You can use the Front axle of the set when you want, but i have widened the steering mechanism by 4 studs to align the trackwidth on both axles. 

Wow sir thats complete build, i belive you must put so much efforts & hours into it, many thanks. 
also i noticed you change the servo with PF, can i still original servo with it ?  (which is PU model i think). and how about the performance, 2 motors did realy improve the ability ? thank you.

Edited by artic13

16 minutes ago, artic13 said:

also i noticed you change the servo with PF, can i still original servo with it ? 

i simply having not an io model for the cada Servo. You can use the cada servo.

17 minutes ago, artic13 said:

2 motors did realy improve the ability ?

I have not tested it yet

16 minutes ago, efferman said:

i simply having not an io model for the cada Servo. You can use the cada servo.

I have not tested it yet

sorry to bother you again, how to put the 2nd motor the right direction? because 2 motor rotate at the same time cause a gear jam right ?

thank you.

15 minutes ago, artic13 said:

sorry to bother you again, how to put the 2nd motor the right direction?

Both on the same battery box port and it is done.

I have a couple of questions as I received a few Cada models in a collection I purchased last week. 

Are there retired sets? If so, where can I get a complete list of models? 

I am not a huge fan of non-LEGO models and plan to resell Cada plus the other brands so it does not get mixed with my stuff. Do you think selling as sets or individual pieces is best for this? Cada does not have a huge spare parts store, so that’s why I think I would better for doing that.

Overall, what are your thoughts on Cada? Should I sell it or just keep them in their own bin in the back corner of the basement? 😂

@aminnich you are in the perfect position to form your own opinion rather than just a prejudice against alt bricks. Take them apart, and have a go building them, you may even enjoy yourself.

I wouldn't suggest selling the parts separately. Anyone who has a missing or broken part in a Cada set would know to use bricklink and replace it with Lego, no one is looking for used Cada parts. The only ones you might sell for any kind of money would be the electrical parts and maybe any interesting special parts like short alternating beams. You'd be stuck with the rest.

@aminnich To have all the references to the older retired sets, check out the 2021 catalogue. Sets with high customer demand are not going to be discontinued too soon, you can find them on the official CaDA website. The spare parts store is growing as well and includes a lot of intersting stuff other brands don´t offer you at all. Consider all prices already include express shipping und you have better customer service if you buy directly from there. 

The overall parts quality isn´t at 100% as the Lego reference, as everybody knows, but is progressing with the time. I personally have tons of stuff from both brands, but still keep the most of them apart, having created all the space needed for that. Though I never consider to sell any of that anytime soon :wink:

Edited by brunojj1

56 minutes ago, aminnich said:

I have a couple of questions as I received a few Cada models in a collection I purchased last week. 

Are there retired sets? If so, where can I get a complete list of models? 

I am not a huge fan of non-LEGO models and plan to resell Cada plus the other brands so it does not get mixed with my stuff. Do you think selling as sets or individual pieces is best for this? Cada does not have a huge spare parts store, so that’s why I think I would better for doing that.

Overall, what are your thoughts on Cada? Should I sell it or just keep them in their own bin in the back corner of the basement? 😂

alt brands have a good electrics, motor, etc in my personal opinion. CADA & MOLDKING they makes a good motor, performance is way beyond lego. i lm buying alt brands because its cheap & fun way to build MOC at rebrickable , especially MOC based on lego sets considered as outdated & price skyrocketed.

Edited by artic13

@amorti @brunojj1 @artic13 thank you for the comments. I have not built anything with the parts yet, but the visible quality was what caught my eye, specially some panels looking really thin and cheaper. 

I’ll give it a shot, but I think my expectations are too high since I’ve only ever used official stuff in the past. 

@aminnich you're right that some of the panels, particularly the 13L arches, are thinner than Lego.

But the connections are all there so they work as equivalents, and on a big model you can save a few grams which is useful for motorisation.

Give it a go, and when you build it keep in mind that it's significantly cheaper to buy than Lego. You may be rich and it may therefore be irrelevant to you, but it's valid when comparing quality.

Also unlike those idea-thieves Lego, Cada pay their Ideas designers. See how I put the IP theft argument on the other foot? ;)

Edited by amorti

On 12/12/2022 at 3:01 AM, amorti said:

Also unlike those idea-thieves Lego, Cada pay their Ideas designers. See how I put the IP theft argument on the other foot? ;)

Entrants know from the start what they're signing up for. TLC isn't stealing anything from Ideas designers here.

As for CaDA quality, my experience is that the quality of some of the pins and small connectors was pretty garbage - I lost a tonne of the blue 3L pins after I pulled the Centenario apart. For compatibility, I'd really only recommend CaDA for the big pieces i.e. liftarms, wheels, panels, etc., as well as gears and other special pieces.

Edited by Bartybum

20 hours ago, aminnich said:

official stuff 

21 hours ago, artic13 said:

CADA & MOLDKING

20 hours ago, amorti said:

IP theft 

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

garbage 

Let´s remember we are playing on neutral ground here in order to contribute to the discussion in a positive way in order to enhance our building experience. Please everybody refrain from using derogatory and offensive terms in order to outplay one brand against the other. Of course it´s not all black and white. And there is a big difference between the ethics in the CaDA product policy concerning IP theft and other brands such as MK who simply don´t care, but the last word is still not spoken there. Thank you!

Edited by brunojj1

2 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Let´s remember we are playing on neutral ground here in order to contribute to the discussion in a positive way in order to enhance our building experience. Please everybody refrain from using derogatory and offensive terms in order to outplay one brand against the other. Of course it´s not all black and white. And there is a big difference between the ethics in the CaDA product policy concerning IP theft and other brands such as MK who simply don´t care, but the last word is still not spoken there. Thank you!

Please don’t take anything I say negatively toward Cada. My personal preference is LEGO. I am just looking for unbiased reviews/thoughts about the brand so I have a bit more info.  

Thanks 

You'll find reviews with bias from anybody on YouTube who is an affiliate or seller. Also from anyone who has had enough of Lego pricing, or the other way around is a purist for Lego.

Unbiased is very difficult to find, though!

For my part... Cada is cheaper than Lego. Cada is more aimed at adults in terms of the instructions' difficulty. Cada parts aren't as good as Lego, especially the pins. They're improving though.

Your best chance is to form your own opinion by building the sets you have handy.

On 12/12/2022 at 11:10 PM, brunojj1 said:

Please everybody refrain from using derogatory and offensive terms in order to outplay one brand against the other.

...I'm not going to censor myself because someone might (for whatever reason) object to a comparison between the quality of two products offered by competing companies.

To be honest, it's especially suspicious to see you say it. Your business partner's product quality is being criticized, and you're trying to moderate that under the guise of neutrality. Surely you can see that isn't a good look...

My personal experience with CaDA, as of one year ago, was that some of their pins and connectors were as good as garbage. A significant percentage of the blue 3L pins lasted only one use before the plastic broke. The tolerances on some of the connectors were off, and they had little to no friction. To date I've had nowhere near the same amount of issues with my Lego pieces.

On 12/12/2022 at 11:10 PM, brunojj1 said:

Let´s remember we are playing on neutral ground here

Your relationship with them means that it's not possible for you to be a neutral party here.

Edited by Bartybum

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

...I'm not going to censor myself because someone might (for whatever reason) object to a comparison between the quality of two products offered by competing companies.

To be honest, it's especially suspicious to see you say it. Your business partner's product quality is being criticized, and you're trying to moderate that under the guise of neutrality. Surely you can see that isn't a good look...

My personal experience with CaDA, as of one year ago, was that some of their pins and connectors were as good as garbage. A significant percentage of the blue 3L pins lasted only one use before the plastic broke. The tolerances on some of the connectors were off, and they had little to no friction. To date I've had nowhere near the same amount of issues with my Lego pieces.

Your relationship with them means that it's not possible for you to be a neutral party here.

Thank you for your user experience opinion on Cada models. It is very much appreciated. In your opinion, is the cost savings worth it? 

What is the latest Cada model you’ve bought? Is it any better than the first? I’m curious if the quality is getting better over time. 

Edited by aminnich

33 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

...I'm not going to censor myself because someone might (for whatever reason) object to a comparison between the quality of two products offered by competing companies.

My personal experience with CaDA, as of one year ago, was that their pins and connectors were as good as garbage. A significant percentage of the pins lasted only one use before the plastic broke. The tolerances on the connectors were off, and they had little to no friction. To date I've had nowhere near the same amount of issues with my Lego pieces. I'm not going to shy away from that when there's a discussion of part quality.

I´ve never claimed to be a neutral party here. Nothing suspicious, as everybody knows, I´m a proud MOC designer, I´ve made it to pro level, officially working for CaDA and promoting their brand right here and I´m not shy to rub it into your face one more time :grin:.

Again - we are playing on neutral ground here, because it´s endorsed by many members and the moderators allowed it to be present. That´s why it´s useless to make it a battlefield Lego vs. CaDA vs. Mould King etc., make provocative claims - that´s what I meant. On the other hand, go ahead if that makes the controversy more valuable for the public, I don´t care then!

As for the pins and connectors being "garbage" - you are making general claims which I think are not true at all. There are certain pins such as axle pins of which a big percentage have little clutch power. And specific connectors which are inferior to the Lego counterparts, that´s true. But not as many as you want people make to believe. Then there is a big difference between older and newer sets. Please be more specific and talk about the particular sets and parts you have experienced. That would be helpful for the guy who was asking and more interesting for everybody. Thank you!

Edited by brunojj1

@aminnich Sorry, I was editing my comment. You might wanna edit your quote of me so that it reflects what I said.

1 minute ago, aminnich said:

In your opinion, is the cost savings worth it?

I can't answer that from any experience, since I haven't built the Centenario using Lego. Furthermore, the set was from 2020, so I have no idea if CaDA revised their molds or their plastic quality since then.

If I could go back in time to stop myself buying the Centenario I probably would, but the part quality isn't entirely to blame.

It's about a 50/50 split between the quality issues and the fact that I didn't have anywhere to put it, which made me resent its size, so keep that in mind.

That being said, the poor quality of smaller pieces coupled with the complexity of the build and its functions, meant that all the functions and a lot of the smaller panel connections ended up being quite fiddly. I really don't think that I would have had the same problems if I built it out of Lego.

4 minutes ago, aminnich said:

What is the latest Cada model you’ve bought? Is it any better than the first? I’m curious if the quality is getting better over time. 

I've only got two CaDA sets, the second being their FD RX-7. That one was mostly System bricks though, which seem pretty easy nowadays to get good quality with. I'm generally happy with it, but there's a couple parts about the build I don't really like, mainly the somewhat fragile bodywork. I blame set design rather than part quality for that though, since I reckon there'd also be fragility issues if built with Lego pieces. I haven't taken it apart yet, so I don't know how the pieces have fared over the year that I've had it built. Hope I could help.