Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

Would carbon fibre be up to the task of resisting twisting and bending (and - gulp - breaking), with that length and thickness?

That´s great news indeed :classic::thumbup:! The given range of lengnths is highly welcomed too, however they seem somewhat odd (literally) to me. Lengnths in 4,8 and 10L

maybe will be added later, I will ask them and order all available of course:

JT7002-2_1800x1800.jpg?v=1665979281

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

Am I alone in thinking that these are just a gimmick? I really cannot imagine a situation where LEGO axles wouldn’t suffice. Especially because if you replace one thing, something else will become a weak link instead. 

You are right for 95% estimated part of Lego users. But the CaDA portfolio program consists at least 80% of RC vehicles. And more new (more!) powerfull stuff is on the way, promised. From my other RC related experiences I know that everything can break. That´s part of the hobby.

21 hours ago, LvdH said:

Especially because if you replace one thing, something else will become a weak link instead. 

Completely agree with this. I had done some testing with CaDA end of last year/start of this year and had experiences with these 3l connectors shattering under load... That was even with normal motors before the more powerful motors in the Apollo. You replace the axles, then you have to do the connectors, then the cv/u-joints, then the gears etc... then you eventually have a car so fast the wheels pop of the hubs when you drive it and the problems never end. 

IMG-6540.jpg

Had the same issue and replaced with real LEGO pieces. I rebuilt the model with a lot of LEGO pieces and it works much better. But still a lot of backlash of gears because there are so many. Luckily I read through this link and read about the errors and had a chance to fix them. 

1 hour ago, efferman said:

A new part has arrived me:

This is really cool! Although the changing in length needs a compensation, when you flip the part upside down. Is the single upper hole an axle or a pin hole?

26 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Is the single upper hole an axle or a pin hole?

It is a Pinhole. And yes, a length compensation is neccessary

How does it work when attached to a rigid chassis? The holes at the ends move further away from each other as the spring is pressed, so the attachment must somehow accommodate for that. If it doesn't then the whole structure around the leafspring just bends and twists.

Is this really a big issue? Can't you just mount one side of the spring on a 2L beam to allow a bit of movement?

21 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Can't you just mount one side of the spring on a 2L beam to allow a bit of movement?

Indeed! This is an elementary part of a leaf spring suspension

43 minutes ago, howitzer said:

How does it work when attached to a rigid chassis? The holes at the ends move further away from each other as the spring is pressed, so the attachment must somehow accommodate for that. If it doesn't then the whole structure around the leafspring just bends and twists.

One side of the leaf spring is fixed, while the other side is mounted on a shackle. That way, the axle keeps still, while the spring can compress and "extend" when compressed.

whiteline-w71050-large-diagram-2.jpg

The first axle is made with these part, and there is a lot of payload possible.

Edit:

Edited by efferman

LP700 supercar, new set C63004 by cada, the outline looks awesome with playful mechanism to open the doors

c63004-1.jpg.47024134d4beef36f518ec05f56b44e8.jpg

On 10/28/2022 at 2:06 PM, efferman said:

A new part has arrived me:

That's really cool, I already want some :)

On 10/28/2022 at 2:06 PM, efferman said:

Reacts at roundabout 250g and holds up to 2kg

That seems quite stiff isn't it? It seems to be optimized for larger builds, like over 1-2 kg (because you need to put multiple of these). Not really for smaller off-roaders, but more for trucks, right?

8 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

That seems quite stiff isn't it?

Yes, it is. Actually i'am working on a leafspring chassis for my Scania cab. Coil springs struggles a little bit with the weigth. Maybe the leaf springs are the solution for this problem, but the axle construction has to be quite different with this type of mounting points. I really would prefer the mounting points of my design.

Edited by efferman

1 hour ago, efferman said:

Yes, it is. Actually i'am working on a leafspring chassis for my Scania cab. Actual coil springs struggle a little bit with the weigth. Maybe the leaf springs are the solution for this problem, but the axle construction has to be quite different with this type of mounting points. I really would prefer the mounting points of my design.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, it's not trivial how a leaf spring piece should be designed and incorporated into builds. I have been thinking much about that from a medium/small off-roader perspective, but it's not easy to mount them on an axle. Actually this cada piece makes sense to me, I never really understood how you'd want to incorporate yours :)

Also, the axle mounting point does not seem to leave too much room for axle articulation. Or is there enough space for a cross beam to tilt under it?

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Also, the axle mounting point does not seem to leave too much room for axle articulation. Or is there enough space for a cross beam to tilt under it?

sorry, i dont understand.

with my design an axle is pretty simple.

52501942523_dd96617dd9_c.jpg

The cada mounting points are making it a little bit more complex. please ignore the driven steering. the concept is still the same when it is not driven. there is still a connection neccessary to the liftarm between the wheels. my solution sticks simply in the liftarm, the cada mountig needs an perpendicular hole to the liftarm.

52501654159_8840d31dd2_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

Thanks for the great illustrative images!

49 minutes ago, efferman said:

with my design an axle is pretty simple.

Indeed, that's simpler than I thought, at least for this case when there is no drivetrain (though I assume that a drive axle can run through the leaf springs in the middle). I like that the leaf spring is positioned quite low with this design, it would even leave room for a linkage based steering on the top!

But I am more interested in the driven scenario in your second image. I imagined it exactly like that, my question is that when the axle articulates, it has to tilt relative to the leaf spring itself, which remains stationary in the chassis. Is there room for that tilt under the leaf spring? Or is it mostly just distorting a bit within the tolerances of the pieces? Although typically vehicles with leaf spring suspension don't need that much articulation, in some cases it would be handy :) In case of your design, only minimal tilt is possible because of the vertical pins, mostly a bit of distortion, right?

Also, I wonder how your design would be incorporated into the second driven axle? I'm sure you tried that..

Edited by gyenesvi

4 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

I'm sure you tried that..

Surprisingly not.

4 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Is there room for that tilt under the leaf spring? Or is it mostly just distorting a bit within the tolerances of the pieces?

Well, a simple beam has space to tilt, a perpendicular beam has no space. The the leafs have to flex by themself.

52501874076_e4de019224_c.jpg

19 minutes ago, efferman said:

Well, a simple beam has space to tilt, a perpendicular beam has no space. The the leafs have to flex by themself.

Yes, that was my question, thanks. Better than nothing, though it would be nicer if the perpendicular one was also usable; a bit more space under it would be appreciated. Maybe in the next softer version :) I guess this part is already finalized and produced.

Hello, i have CADA C61008w and considering to change the L with Xl motor, L motor is not enough torque power i think.

i'l manage to draw simulation in studio 2.0 but but the to change the motor i must buy Mouldking set (XL motor,Servo ,Batterybox, Tx) around us$50, does it worth it ? and change from L to Xl motor is it realy bump up the crawl performance ?

Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13-0r60J2lV_87rJYFZr3BRKNNwVUg7P9/view?usp=share_link

CADA XL_1024x576.jpg

24 minutes ago, efferman said:

Hm, i guess the crawler has enough torque. It is more limited by to hard shocks.

the hard shocks also a problem, oftenly tip over on bad camber track since the suspension config itself not macpherson. i will record & share the video tonight hopefully you can help analyze the problem. many thanks