Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

I received a few parts that looked interesting: hard shocks, long LAs, black friction half-pins, and also the set of 8 LED lights. 

The lights are naked LEDs that don't lock into a stud hole or any other element. They are small enough to fit through a pinhole or axle hole. The wires are super-thin, and I didn't want to pinch them. I came up with a few options, I'm sure there are more. 

They can be secured in a boat stud with a 1x1 piece, leaving room for the wire:

L5SwiOD.jpg

This allows lamps to be built in the lego style, with a bit of a gap to any backing behind the clear piece. Wires can be threaded neatly.

HjD8g70.jpg

The wires also fit past an axle in a pinhole:

LZtdkhM.jpg

A few options, not sure if it can be done at less that 2 studs deep:

yhsAj6Z.jpg

Looking forward to putting these into a build:

AD9jkma.jpg

Edited by DrJimbo
edit for typos

I found an awesome review  on CADA jesko on youtube

it has a very excellent review and error fixed

IMO jesco is much more complicated than I though:pir-love:

very worth to watching(English subtitle on)

he also had a nice review(and fixed) on Lamborghini Centenario

Edited by mitx2529

On 3/3/2022 at 1:46 AM, eric trax said:
On 3/3/2022 at 12:46 AM, TheRacker said:

Can you mention when your next model is expected to release?

It is planned for August / September 2022

Eric, did I miss the release of this?  Or is it still in the works? 

1 minute ago, nerdsforprez said:

Eric, did I miss the release of this?  Or is it still in the works? 

Hi. You haven't missed anything. The premiere was postponed to the beginning of 2023. The model needed a few minor visual corrections. We had to adapt it to the new control system. Next week, the licensor will test the first models, although it has already been seen in the Shenzhen Toys Fair videos.

13 hours ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

Is that the JCB 220X LC excavator? 

You can see my giant logo on the poster. I can't deny what you write :pir-laugh:

On 10/1/2022 at 3:36 PM, eric trax said:

You can see my giant logo on the poster. I can't deny what you write :pir-laugh:

Looks amazing! I can't wait to see all the details when it releases. Hopefully the digging arm works better than their current generic excavator, which is great except for that aspect.

Ok, just “finished” the Jesko.   Have to say this thing was a bit of a beast to build.  I can knock out the 1/8 technic super cars in a weekend, this definitely took longer.  The instructions aren’t for “beginners,” and I’m missing a couple of small pieces so I can’t quite finish final assembly.  Has some wild techniques, and a few that I don’t think are great as the strain on pieces is noticeable (assuming I did it right😆).  I would build another one, that being said the overall Lego Technic experience is definitely better, just wish there were more of them 🤷‍♂️

Found these online.

800x793.jpeg
800x1121.jpeg

So they got an Aventador SVJ rear and print on the arches, a Huracan (?) front with Aventador lights and a V10. 

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

So they got an Aventador SVJ rear and print on the arches, a Huracan (?) front with Aventador lights and a V10. 

Well, as long as the mix comes all from the same distillery, it's still called a 'single malt'. :wink:

Generic Italian supercar... Not worse than calling it a Lamullgenie.

Either way, a nice looking 1:10 with doors opening on a mechanism, and optional PF with lights and a steering wheel that turns with the servo.

I discovered some new parts in a new Cada Set. It is not a a theme i would buy, but the parts, in special the leafsprings, are looking usefull

52425577929_5c89611b61_c.jpg

The leafsprings should work.

52425288891_65c8d849e2_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Oh hell yeah I rate that, looks really nice :o

And the price*with motors* at barweer is about 110€ with free shipping. Compare that to the Lego Ferrari without motors, it's incredible value, and it looks better.

1 hour ago, amorti said:

Compare that to the Lego Ferrari without motors, it's incredible value, and it looks better.

Is it also easier to build, and does it also hold itself better?

12 hours ago, amorti said:

And the price*with motors* at barweer is about 110€ with free shipping. Compare that to the Lego Ferrari without motors, it's incredible value, and it looks better.

That being said it IS CaDA, and (at least as of 2021) their Technic pin, axle and connector quality wasn't that great. If it's any better now then it'd be pretty mad

On 10/13/2022 at 7:25 PM, efferman said:

The leafsprings should work.

That's interesting, wonder if it would be possible to buy them alone somewhere..? Maybe it will appear on AliExpress..

I just picked up some of the CADA metal universal joints. The are designed VERY well. The clutch power is not too strong so it doesn't damage plastic axles and they fit perfectly into the opening on portal axles without rubbing. I reached out to them and they are planning on selling carbon fiber axles next week. (for the record, I'm not affiliated or compensated I'm just REALLY impressed with their quality and prices)

Z6hZxf.md.png

You can see them in this video at high speed being motivated by 4 RC motors 

39 minutes ago, shroomzofdoom said:

Carbon fiber axles are available on their site in a range of sizes. I ordered a few to check them out.

Am I alone in thinking that these are just a gimmick? I really cannot imagine a situation where LEGO axles wouldn’t suffice. Especially because if you replace one thing, something else will become a weak link instead. 

46 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Am I alone in thinking that these are just a gimmick? I really cannot imagine a situation where LEGO axles wouldn’t suffice. Especially because if you replace one thing, something else will become a weak link instead. 

There are limited applications for it: inside of multispeed transmissions powered by multiple motors for example that will be under heavy load when shifting. Also, with a 6x6 or 8x8, the drivelines connecting the rear axles are subject to considerable lash/windup and can get out of sync with the front.