Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

Also, is there a reason they only used this one 5l black beam for the steering, which connects the gear rack with the linkage?

It is very weak and i added another 5l beam on the other side. But even after that, it might skip a teeth when offroading and gets forced to a side.

On 7/16/2022 at 2:21 PM, Jayden said:

The idea of the half pin (from what I can work out) is so you can use it to drive a LA.

Sure, in this case, but I have been thinking that maybe with half pins, other motors' sizes could be reduced. Not necessarily the width, but the length, by maybe eliminating the part on the back that is only used for pin connections, and using half pins elsewhere on the side. Just a thought, not sure if it could fit and would be stable enough though.

On 7/16/2022 at 2:21 PM, Jayden said:

"Speed: ~ 180 rpm/9V, ~ 280 rpm/12V

Torque: ~ 5.5 N/cm"

Thanks!

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

Sure, in this case, but I have been thinking that maybe with half pins, other motors' sizes could be reduced. Not necessarily the width, but the length, by maybe eliminating the part on the back that is only used for pin connections, and using half pins elsewhere on the side. Just a thought, not sure if it could fit and would be stable enough though.

Interesting idea.

1 hour ago, Polarlicht said:

Thought the italian supercar comes with metal u-joints. My yellow one didn't .

Where did you buy it? My suggestion - first ask the seller. If bought directly at CaDA, ask the support at info@decadastore.com

In the meanwhile I will ask Martin to include the metal joints, carbon axles and other useful spares here: https://decadastore.com/en-de/collections/technic

15 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Where did you buy it? My suggestion - first ask the seller. If bought directly at CaDA, ask the support at info@decadastore.com

In the meanwhile I will ask Martin to include the metal joints, carbon axles and other useful spares here: https://decadastore.com/en-de/collections/technic

Amazon. I think it came directly from china, since it took almost 3 weeks to get here.

Awesome, might get some!

But i contacted the Amazon seller and he didn't know about them. He will contact the manufacturer or something...

Does only the red car come with them? Are they really needed in the car? I tested the 4x4 jeep (and other brands offroad vehicles) outside and nothing broke.

7 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Does only the red car come with them? Are they really needed in the car? I tested the 4x4 jeep (and other brands offroad vehicles) outside and nothing broke.

I built the 488 Pista from genuine Lego parts with Lego U-joints. Raced it with 4x PF L motors and 2x BuWizz 2.0. After disassembly, I found 1 U-joint had a crack.

3 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

Awesome, might get some!

But i contacted the Amazon seller and he didn't know about them. He will contact the manufacturer or something...

In short, for a RC car this heavy, yes.

Edited by thekoRngear

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

Space permitting, would the new large LEGO CV joints be a viable alternative?

In some cases yes... But they are significantly bigger, and don't have unlimited capacity either.

800x800.jpg

@brunojj1 I think i leave all electronics out of the "Ferrari 488", to have it as a shelf queen. There is a non motorized version of the red one so the yellow one should be the same. All Lego 1:8 and the other Cada supercar "Lambo Centanario" are non-motorized, so it fits to these models. And i could use the electronic components for something else.

Also the shifting servo gets forced to only do 45° and i don't think he likes it that much for long!

So i won't need the metal u-joints.

Is there anything i need to know when i leave all motors and such out?

I heard the shift paddles don't work without the motor...

Edited by Polarlicht

...There is also a TaiGaoLe version of this car, but as a convertible with idfferent wheels, and also not motorized...

27 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

...There is also a TaiGaoLe version of this car, but as a convertible with idfferent wheels, and also not motorized...

Let's not go into that. It's a stolen copy of @brunojj1's work, with some or all of @astyanax pimp-mods, plus some panels which didn't exist at the time.

2 hours ago, amorti said:

Let's not go into that. It's a stolen copy of @brunojj1's work, with some or all of @astyanax pimp-mods, plus some panels which didn't exist at the time.

Actually, I did my mods to incorporate the wheel arches from set 42125 after seeing this stolen copy. They added wheel arch panels, but doing so they totally screwed up the shaping of the car -- one can hardly recognize the 488 Pista any longer. I couldn't stand it, and resolved to add wheel arch panels the right way. I won't be the judge of whether or not I succeeded -- feel free to compare:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/astyanax/pimp_my_pista

:pir-huzzah2:

16 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

May I remind you that we are on a Lego forum...

Other brand are worth a comment if they add something new, not if they are obvious shameless copies.

6 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

May I remind you that we are on a Lego forum...

Other brand are worth a comment if they add something new, not if they are obvious shameless copies.

No you don't need to! I know that we are in a Lego Forum! I said i did not know that (about the copying) literally above your comment!!! My main question was if there is something to know about the CADA italian sports car if i build it without the electronics!

I said there is a unmotorized version of that CADA car, and then i just mentioned that there is also a different brand which no motorization of this set, thats it! Jeez :hmpf:!

I just have a question about a CADA set in the CADA topic, and the world is about to end.

I thought this might be a legit set and @brunojj1worked with those as well or something. I don't know!

Edited by Polarlicht

@Polarlicht : You can ask me via PM or just read the dedicated topic. The version from @astyanax is presented there as well and everybody is welcome to use his files & instructions in order to modify anything. The modified variant from XXX is illegally selling my entire chassis 1:1 and estimated original 80% of the bodywork at least. Sorry I can´t help you so much with any unmotorized version simply because I´m not responsible for the changes made there to fill the gaps, as well as the missing functionality. In the mentioned topic you can find some suggested MODs for the fake manual shifters though.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:57 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Can I discuss Moyu on this thread? They have original 1:8 cars of the Lamborghini Vision GT, Bugatti Bolide, Koenigsegg Gemera, and Ford GT Le Mansory. I don't know who the designer is but they look cool (don't know about durability), whoever they are it looks Lox Lego level exterior-wise. Although, Moyu is kinda owned by L**** (but Moyu doesn't steal designs) and the "brick" websites selling the products I never heard of, big red flags right there.

Nonetheless, I have no interest in "Chinese Lego," and that includes Cada. As a big Initial D fan I'm tempted by the officially licensed AE86, FC3S, FD3S, and Tofu Shop, but the cars look very off and RacingBrick's reviews on the AE86 and FD3S show that they're incredibly flimsy. I also watched RacingBrick and Sariel's reviews on @brunojj1's "Italian Supercar" by Cada and it's also flimsy (small crashes bump off a lot of parts) and compared to Lego the binding of the pieces doesn't really match.

Plus there's the moral ambiguity of buying something like a Cada set, I'm not a purist (love my BuWizz,) but having non-electronic OG Lego pieces just seems way more trustful and durable.

39 minutes ago, StudWorks said:

Can I discuss Moyu on this thread? ...

Nonetheless, I have no interest in "Chinese Lego," and that includes Cada. ...

Here the opening post again:

"This topic can be used to present your CADA model/set, as well to discuss.

PLEASE NOTE: We don’t endorse other brands on the Technic forum, although we want to make an exception for this topic only, since our members have created some awesome models with this brand.

Rules:
- CADA only, no other brands at this point.
- This is the only CADA topic for the Technic forum, and each CADA model goes here, so no opening a new topic for a new CADA model.
- Do not use this topic solely to promote your CADA set/instructions. Do use this topic to make a nice presentation of your CADA model, and you can put a small link to the store. Again, all the presentation and discussion should be done here.
- Mind the size of your pictures (max 1024).
- Rules might change as the time goes on."

It´s very clear from the forum moderator himself. Discuss the other "cool brand"  somewhere else. Btw. they have absolutely nothing to do with Lamborghini or Koenigsegg or Ford!

How incredibly flimsy everything is in CaDA products - that´s your opinion which you are welcome to share and discuss exactly here!

Edited by brunojj1

1 hour ago, StudWorks said:

They have original 1:8 cars of the Lamborghini Vision GT, (...)

Regarding this one, you may be interested in my 'pimped' version built from genuine Lego. Full virtual model with building steps available for free.

2 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

It´s very clear from the forum moderator himself. Discuss the other "cool brand"  somewhere else. Btw. they have absolutely nothing to do with Lamborghini or Koenigsegg or Ford!

How incredibly flimsy everything is in CaDA products - that´s your opinion which you are welcome to share and discuss exactly here!

I discussed Moyu because @Professor Thaum stated "Other brand are worth a comment if they add something new, not if they are obvious shameless copies." There also isn't any existing talk about Moyu on Eurobricks, it's only on the L**** subreddit.

I have not experienced anything from Cada, the "flimsy" issues are not my opinion or from personal experience, it's taken from @kbalage's review on the Italian Supercar, ID AE86, and ID FD RX7.

3 hours ago, StudWorks said:

Can I discuss Moyu on this thread?

16 minutes ago, StudWorks said:

I discussed Moyu because @Professor Thaum stated "Other brand are worth a comment if they add something new, not if they are obvious shameless copies." There also isn't any existing talk about Moyu on Eurobricks, it's only on the L**** subreddit.

As stated in the rules of this post, this topic is for Cada only.
As stated in the rules of the EB's Site Guidelines, other brands can be discussed in the Community forum.

2 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Here the opening post again:

"This topic can be used to present your CADA model/set, as well to discuss.

PLEASE NOTE: We don’t endorse other brands on the Technic forum, although we want to make an exception for this topic only, since our members have created some awesome models with this brand.

Rules:
- CADA only, no other brands at this point.

It´s very clear from the forum moderator himself. Discuss the other "cool brand"  somewhere else. Btw. they have abso

Yes, thanks.