Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

Again we need to continue here in the generic topic, to discuss things of a generic type.

@nerdsforprez asked about carbon fiber axles. There are 4pcs. of black 7L axles included in the Monster Truck set #C61008W. You can find them explicitely here in the instructions & partslist.

640x282.png

@T Lego We have all freedom to elaborate new gears and develop ideas towards serious necessary solutions. Helical gears, herringbone gears, new clutch gears beyond the existing 16t and 20t or whatever. Or think about gears with an odd number of teeth, like @efferman already made several custom types.

Btw. the reinforced fiberglass parts I got for testing which I mentioned earlier, were just prototypes and will not be produced. Doesn´t mean fiberglass materials cannot be considered at all.

Then I got good news regarding the development of an alternative for the orange rotary switch. Maybe it´s on @efferman´s part to present it to the public if and when he feels to do so - I´m proud of him :sweet: :thumbup:!

Edited by brunojj1

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

present it to the public

Are you sure it is my Design? If yes, i have to ASK Martin for the permission. 

1 hour ago, efferman said:

Are you sure it is my Design? If yes, i have to ASK Martin for the permission. 

OK, sorry! Maybe I was a little bit too hasty to announce it. I will not show any picture of it until clarification. The mentioned parts I´ve seen, partly look like your design, the main (very sophisticated!) part is obviously a further development, but generally it looks like they are based on your idea. At least I can confirm the parts are of solid plastic and not in 3D printed stage. My test batch is on the way and I can´t wait to find out how it really works. However, I´m excited about the bare fact there is a working solution to circumnavigate the "patented" part in a creative way! Although until today I have no idea how serious the issue is itself. If it wasn´t about the part design, then it´s highly disputable whether somebody can defend a patent describing the whole gearbox as concept or the round turning wheel. IMO Thorsten aka Johny´s World has stired up this sh..t for no reason. 

Edited by brunojj1

Bruno has shown me the Gearbox Part, and maybe the Basic idea is mine, but in final there is a big difference. So someone else has to reveal it.

On 3/4/2022 at 2:21 PM, Gray Gear said:

Where did you get that information? I would be very inteterested to hear more if possible. 

MK has proportional (more like a stepped) control with their 4.0 and 6.0 systems already. Remotes can be used via app, additionally for both there is a transmitter with the sticks instead of the D-pads available).

From the videos of SteinchenWerkstatt it seems that the new white-top CaDA RC Box still sucks when it is compared to the MK 4.0 system.

Edit: I hate people with uncut nails doing videos... 🤢

Edited by aFrInaTi0n

1 minute ago, aFrInaTi0n said:

MK has proportional (more like a stepped) control with their 4.0 and 6.0 systems already. Remotes can be used via app, additionally for both there is a transmitter with the sticks instead of the D-pads available).

From the videos of SteinchenWerkstatt it seems that the new white-top CaDA RC Box still sucks when it is compared to the MK 4.0 system.

Yupe. That MK remote control performs better than the Cada's new one. Cada still has room for improvements I think

Just putting some final touches on these for anyone that may be interested. Full connectivity enabled. I'm not going to bother adding unnecessary details like buttons, USB port, etc. Out of curiosity, would it be best to share io files or a parts pack?

BB03-01.png

BB01-01.png

1 hour ago, P McCatty said:

Feedback welcome.

That buggy motor looks like the "monster motor" available on ali (i.e., like TLG buggy motor but with integrated cable). The CaDA buggy motor found in the Apollo IE set has a different shape, closer to the BuWizz motor but not quite.

51 minutes ago, astyanax said:

That buggy motor looks like the "monster motor" available on ali (i.e., like TLG buggy motor but with integrated cable). The CaDA buggy motor found in the Apollo IE set has a different shape, closer to the BuWizz motor but not quite.

In terms of dimensions, I reckon it's the same as the buwizz motor. Might even say based on same...

28 minutes ago, amorti said:

In terms of dimensions, I reckon it's the same as the buwizz motor. Might even say based on same...

It’s pretty much exactly the same as far as I could tell. It has the exact same pin holes that BuWizz changed compared to the original Lego ones.

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

It’s pretty much exactly the same as far as I could tell. It has the exact same pin holes that BuWizz changed compared to the original Lego ones.

Performance aside, the pin & axle connectivity remains the same. However, where the CADA & Buwizz Buggy motors shine becomes evident in the studless ecosystem. The chamfers on the original motors require extra clearance.

Edited by P McCatty

2 hours ago, amorti said:

In terms of dimensions, I reckon it's the same as the buwizz motor.

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

It’s pretty much exactly the same as far as I could tell.

Unfortunately not. Yes the slopes around the pinholes are gone. But the 'ridge' between the pairs of pinholes has remained on the CaDA motors. So you cannot run a liftarm between them. Here you can see the collision (just left of center of image):

640x458.png

Can confirm, that raised section between the pinholes is still there sadly. Idk why it was there in the first place, but it would have been an easy fix. Bummer.

Edited by Gray Gear

Easy problem to fix with a file, I guess, once you depart from the path of purity! :wink:

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Easy problem to fix with a file, I guess, once you depart from the path of purity! :wink:

Funny you should say that. I'm fine with using 7l alternating beams, but I can't quite get over filing stuff. Different types of purist?

28 minutes ago, amorti said:

Funny you should say that. I'm fine with using 7l alternating beams, but I can't quite get over filing stuff. Different types of purist?

Yeah, perhaps. There is a difference between allowing commercially available, refined non-Lego alternatives and willingness to use just anything. Think Buwizz versus a hand-soldered custom battery rubber-banded to a liftarm, or 7L pliftarms versus rough 3D-printed parts. I guess the difference here isn't so much one of principle, rather just a preference for having everything look professional!

And to be fair, I've got a pair of AliExpress buggy motors myself, and I've never filed that down (though I never realized it was a problem), and refrained from cutting out part of the housing to fit a large motorcycle tire inside it, though I was tempted.

9 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

And to be fair, I've got a pair of AliExpress buggy motors myself, and I've never filed that down (though I never realized it was a problem), and refrained from cutting out part of the housing to fit a large motorcycle tire inside it, though I was tempted.

I have done that... one just needs to file ~1mm away. But I did it only once for testing 🙊🙈

15 hours ago, astyanax said:

Unfortunately not. Yes the slopes around the pinholes are gone. But the 'ridge' between the pairs of pinholes has remained on the CaDA motors. So you cannot run a liftarm between them. Here you can see the collision (just left of center of image):

Ah, right. Well that's definitely dumb. But I guess they didn't put much thought into this being used in anything other than the Apollo. The changes to the pin holes weren't even necessary in this model, so I guess they tried to copy BuWizz in this case.

Yup that’s definitely silly, one would think that motors would be a bit more fool proof to help work with future models...

@LvdH speaking of Apollo and me noticing your new profile picture, what are your thoughts with the model? Worth getting? Fun build? Etc...?

3 hours ago, langko said:

@LvdH speaking of Apollo and me noticing your new profile picture, what are your thoughts with the model? Worth getting? Fun build? Etc...?

Awesome build. Extremely solid. I’ve built mine using original Lego parts and also dark azure as per the original design, but the cada version should still go together very smoothly. Almost all the panels are securely attached and the chassis is one of the sturdiest I’ve built. Overall I would say this build is on par with the Lego 1:8 sets. 

So yes, definitely worth it.

@LvdH thanks for the reply! If I was to build, I would definitely go the all LEGO route in dark azure too. The car is very well suited to technic with all the sharp lines/angles.